PDA

View Full Version : Lint

SGT Rock
2003-01-17, 20:21
Lint - a fiberous substance sometimes found in the bellybutton and can be used as fire starter. Not to be confused with LNT.

sailingsoul
2007-04-23, 22:41
Before you gather lint from the dryer and pack it away, test it. You might find that all lint is not the same. What the fabric is made of does affect it's ability to burn. Cotton is very good, nylon and polyester are very bad! Fabric made of blends 50/50 work as labled. SS:captain:

Just Jeff
2007-04-23, 23:25
The lint found in a belly button generally works its way up from the drawers. Guys with hairy bellies tend to have more belly button lint...the increased friction between the drawers and happy trails acts like a ladder, pushing the lint right up into the belly button.

I guess if you keep a jar right next to your bed, you could collect enough lint to make a decent firestarter. Smear on some of that Vaseline sitting next to the lint jar by your bed and you're in business...

Iceman
2007-04-23, 23:33
No thanks. My belly lint is already greasy. One time I stood too close to the camp fire and.....oh forget it...:shot:

Just Jeff
2007-04-23, 23:51
No thanks. My belly lint is already greasy. One time I stood too close to the camp fire and.....oh forget it...:shot:

And what? It heated that massive coffee cup you carry?

Frolicking Dino
2007-04-24, 05:44
::: Female dino runs screaming from thread :vroam: :::

sailingsoul
2007-04-24, 14:13
eeeewwwwllllllllll

Lanthar
2007-04-25, 11:29
And what? It heated that massive coffee cup you carry?

Probably the same thing that happened to the hair one backs of my hands when I was first learning flint / steel & charcloth with a birds nest.... or that time the propane lantern wasn't working... or that time...