PDA

View Full Version : Weee! I'm a millionare! Yah right.

dropkick
2007-09-23, 16:34
I'm so lucky, somehow I got on a spam list about 2 years ago and now I keep getting emails from friendly African people who want to share an inheritance with me, great stock tips from people I don't know, offers to make my penis larger, and I've won a ton of lotteries, without even entering! Plus companies are just begging me to take a loan from them. On top of that it seems a bunch of young girls that want me to see their naked pictures.

I'm so overjoyed that I receive 100 to 300 of these offers everyday.

Anyway, one of the lottery winning emails snuck past my filters today and while I was looking at it and learning that I'd won 2,500,000 Pounds in the "UK ONLINE LOTTO". When I started thinking "Who actually falls for these anymore?"
There must be someone gullible enough or they'd quit sending me the emails.

Bear
2007-09-23, 18:32
They had something on TV a couple of weeks ago about this. I was channel surfing and I think it was Opra but not sure. You would be amazed at the individuals that fall for these scams. Some were even doctors and other professional people. The main motivating factor that was given for these people falling for these scams, GREED!

CoyoteWhips
2007-09-23, 18:48
Yay! I've won a lottery in another country that I didn't even enter! What are the odds!

pure_mahem
2007-09-23, 19:48
I'm so lucky, somehow I got on a spam list about 2 years ago and now I keep getting emails from friendly African people who want to share an inheritance with me, great stock tips from people I don't know, offers to make my penis larger, and I've won a ton of lotteries, without even entering! Plus companies are just begging me to take a loan from them. On top of that it seems a bunch of young girls that want me to see their naked pictures.

I'm so overjoyed that I receive 100 to 300 of these offers everyday.

Anyway, one of the lottery winning emails snuck past my filters today and while I was looking at it and learning that I'd won 2,500,000 Pounds in the "UK ONLINE LOTTO". When I started thinking "Who actually falls for these anymore?"
There must be someone gullible enough or they'd quit sending me the emails.
We must of got on the same freaking spam list cause I get the same ones. If you waste your time and theres they end up telling you you need to send 1500 euros to some where in the netherlends so then can pay the consulate to release the funds. Man I have nothing but time and you would think when I responded to the first email saying if you ask for money your not going to get any cause I aint got none they would of stopped freaking emailing me..HHMMMMMMMM. Maybe they no speak enlis so good.:beer:

pure_mahem
2007-09-23, 20:05
Anothe reason to make sure you purify the drinking water....Idiotcy! Be veryaware if you catch this very highly contagious desease.... THERE IS NO CURE! Although the government is spending trillions of dollars on research and prevention through condem distribution, and the wide availability of ammunition and sharp objects, there are many already infected among us! The worse cases are often viewed daily on the governments top secret encrypted most wanted database program for there agents use: Oprah Winfrey, Jerry Springer, Maury Pauvich, and Montel Williams Talk shows. Be very aware of the people considered guests on these shows they are highly contagious your safety maybe in danger if government agents can not contain them from interacting with the general population. Warning not all individuals with idoitcy are on these shows be very alert as you can not fix stupid!

Turk
2007-09-23, 21:30
Wait a minute........ its not real?!?!

So I should um ..... probably go in tomorrow and beg for my job back then.

Turns out I'm not Nigerian royalty afterall. dammit.
...well I can see how they might have made that mistake.

:biggrin:

SGT Rock
2007-09-23, 22:19
You mean I am not rich. I better go get those retirement papers back.

Iceman
2007-09-24, 09:12
Uh, hey boss, about that little episode last week about you, my job and your rear end....that was just a joke...had you fooled didn't I...? Bye the way, who's that new person sitting at my computer....

jimtanker
2007-09-24, 10:20
I WILL win the powerball one of these days.

I'm going to buy the PCT so that only myself and my friends can hike on it.

dixicritter
2007-09-24, 11:33
I just want to know why they think I need a penis enlargement. :albertein

SGT Rock
2007-09-24, 11:44
Maybe they think you will convince me to use the stuff? :handkiss:

atraildreamer
2007-09-24, 15:23
Spam...spam...spam...spam...glorious SPAM!!! :aetsch:

Inimicus
2007-09-24, 17:59
What these guys do is risky so I wouldnt suggest it but its funny to read.

Scambaiting:
http://www.419eater.com/

pure_mahem
2007-09-24, 18:54
What these guys do is risky so I wouldnt suggest it but its funny to read.

Scambaiting:
http://www.419eater.com/
To think I already belong to an internet club and didn't know with it! I love Messing with these spammers!lol:beer:

GGS
2007-09-25, 03:11
I just want to know why they think I need a penis enlargement. :albertein

And _I_ want to know why they think I need to increase my bust size...

Thudley
2007-09-25, 20:10
I used to get a lot of these too. I started replying with a message that stated I was copying their message, and all addresses to the local FBI office (if the spammer was in the US), or Interpol (if the spammer was elsewhere).

I can't remember the last time I got another offer....:biggrin:

dropkick
2007-09-26, 02:04
I've been thinking about asking them to send me a good will payment so I can see that they are serious. I mean what's 500 dollars compared to the million(s) that are involved. They should be able to afford to send it to me. It's just a drop in the bucket.

Bet that'll shut them up.

pure_mahem
2007-09-26, 04:02
One of those people asked me to partake in money laundering thing one day. I wrote them back and told them what they were asking me to do was illegal and I could go to jail. I told them that didn't mean I wouldn't work for them but that I would need my first three years salary up front in advance so I could procure legal representation should things go wrong.

I never heard back from that particular one but there are many others or maybe its the same one remembering not to type an aquasition of the same nature to me knowing my reply.

Hey if there wasting there time on me who doesn't have money and sure as hell aint gonna send it to noone then there leaving the gullable misfortunates alone.

I LOVE TO WASTE THERE TIME!

atraildreamer
2008-04-12, 15:15
A few days ago, a couple of women in RI got busted for counterfeiting. Seems they replied to an email (spam!) from Nigeria! :albertein This must be read to be believed! :aetsch:
http://www.projo.com/news/content/counterfeit_arrest_04-08-08_679M9JF_v17.36656f1.html

Maybe they were raising money to thru-hike?
------
Coventry women charged in counterfeit check scam

01:00 AM EDT on Tuesday, April 8, 2008

By Michael P. McKinney

Projo.com staff writer

A Coventry woman and her daughter have been charged in an alleged scheme linked to Nigerian Internet contacts, in which authorities say the mother has sent more than $1 million worth of counterfeit cashier’s checks over the past four weeks.

State police said yesterday that Nancy Alexander, 66, of 2404 Victory Highway, met two people over the Internet and they conspired to defraud people by making counterfeit bank checks and money orders. Alexander was given names and addresses, and amounts she was to make the checks payable for, the police said.

According to authorities, Alexander was promised $600 a month to act as the scheme’s middleman by putting checks or money orders in envelopes, attaching mailing labels provided to her, and mailing them.

Alexander has been charged with counterfeiting, conspiracy to commit the act of counterfeiting and possession of a counterfeiting device or implement.

Debra Mahoney, 44, her daughter, has been charged with counterfeiting and conspiracy to commit the act of counterfeiting. The state police did not provide details of the allegations against Mahoney.

During the week of March 30, members of the state police intelligence unit got information from the Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Providence office that a package containing more than $170,000 of counterfeit cashier’s checks and money orders had been shipped from Nigeria to 2404 Victory Highway in Coventry.

Once the package was delivered, Detective William Accardi got a search warrant for the residence. On April 4, state and Coventry police and ICE officials seized the package and more than $100,000 of counterfeit bank checks that were being made on a home computer, the police said.

Detectives also seized receipts of delivered packages originating from Africa, materials and instruments used to make counterfeit cashier’s checks, and a mailing labels list with people’s names from throughout the United States and abroad who were intended to receive the counterfeit checks.

Detectives also seized a computer, which was apparently used to communicate with people believed to be in Nigeria, who were directing and profiting from the operation.

Counterfeit fraud schemes with Nigerian ties have become more prevalent because of the ease of contacting large numbers of victims via the Internet, the police said, as well as increase in items for sale on such sites as eBay.In the latter case, sellers might receive a counterfeit cashier’s check or money order in payment. Individuals might also be contacted by e-mail with a sympathy story and be asked to help by sending a cashier’s check.

State police cautioned that to avoid falling victim to such scams, never cash a check for someone you don’t know personally, especially if solicited online.

mmckinne@projo.com

enviro
2008-04-14, 14:38
I think it's very flattering that women in their 20s keep seeing my profile and thinking that I'm interesting and wanting to have sex with me. But, first they want me to see naked pictures of them. Gosh, where have they been all my life? They must be really hot too.

I love America.:withstupi