PDA

View Full Version : The Etowah II Stove Kit vs. Ion stove

fin24000
2007-10-20, 02:06
Hey.
I have been looking for a replacement for my colmen micro stove and I have tried making stove but I never can get any of them to work so I was wondering if anyone has used the The Etowah II Stove Kit (http://www.etowahoutfittersultralightbackpackinggear.com/Alcoholstoves.html) as I know alot of you have tried the ion i was hoping someone could point me in the way of most effective one. or maybe in a different way all together. Thanks.

Aaron.

SGT Rock
2007-10-20, 10:09
I've played with the Etowah II, it works but is sort of over built in my opinion. Paul is a great guy and is working on lightening it up with ti and stuff.

I guess it depends on what you are using your stove for. What are your needs?

fin24000
2007-10-20, 14:22
Thanks.
And mainly boiling 1lt of water at a time, and sometimes a 2-4 min simmer for a sauce but thats rare....

Take-a-knee
2007-10-20, 17:12
Has anyone here tried a whitebox type stove?

oops56
2007-10-20, 17:47
Yep they suck.To short burn on oz. per time

SGT Rock
2007-10-21, 18:46
Thanks.
And mainly boiling 1lt of water at a time, and sometimes a 2-4 min simmer for a sauce but thats rare....
My stove is good if you are doing 1/2 liters for meals, but I wouldn't recommend it for a liter.

I would recommend looking at something like the Caldera cone for boiling water like that, but I don't think it simmers without some sort of fiddling on it. Another stove you could try is a Pepsi can style stove with a simmer top.