PDA

View Full Version : Summit for Someone Benefit Climbs

summit4someone
2007-11-01, 12:00
Hi Fellow Hikers,

My name is Brie and I work for an organization called Big City Mountaineers. BCM, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, is a recreational mentoring program for at-risk teens. The mission of BCM is to provide urban teenage youth in need of positive adult mentoring with a challenging and safe wilderness experiences led by qualified adult volunteer guides.

I thought you might be interested in participating in a once-in-a-lifetime guided climb of your choice up one of 24 classic North American peaks. Join Backpacker Magazine's annual "Summit for Someone" charity fundraiser to benefit the at-risk youth of Big City Mountaineers. Not only will you experience your choice of challenging, professionally guided ascents, you’ll receive a mountain of free gear from our sponsors. And, you’ll feel good knowing your efforts will help fund a life-changing week in the wilderness for teens who need it most.

Check out www.summitforsomeone.org for more information or email me directly at brie@bigcitymountaineers.org. 2008 registration open now!

Thanks!

Amigi
2007-11-01, 16:00
Can I quote you on the "mountain of free gear" point?

pure_mahem
2007-11-01, 19:33
That's one hell of a pledge!....$$$$$:beer: I could replace all my gear and still have enough to buy a used quad and a sidearm and buy ammo and fill up the quad a dozen times!:bandit: Not tax deductable cause you recieve something for it.

SGT Rock
2007-11-02, 08:00
I approved the posting of this. I got a friend who vouched that this is a worthy cause.

summit4someone
2007-11-02, 11:21
You do receive a lot of gear for participating in the program so you can quote me on that. The idea is that you will fundraise for the money. When other people donate towards your climb it is tax-deductible for them. You are correct that if the climber were to donate money it is not tax-deductible since they are receiving goods/services in return.