PDA

View Full Version : Trick Gear

POWERSTAND
2007-11-02, 03:21
Hey Campers,

I've been hiking and backpacking for 35 years. Let me show you some ultra=trick gear. This company was started by the founder and former owner of Mountainsmith,( Patrick Smith ) It's called KIFARU. Heres some photos and a link.

www.kifaru.net/

rbd
2007-11-02, 09:04
You 'll need a 17 foot canoe to carry the pack on the right.
That middle pack must weigh more than everything I take including the 17 foot canoe.

SGT Rock
2007-11-02, 09:08
Those are some monsters.

rbd
2007-11-02, 09:52
I may be a "Pack Sniffer", but I'm not "sniffing" those packs.

SGT Rock
2007-11-02, 10:07
The probably smell really macho.

rbd
2007-11-02, 11:02
SGT Rock - I think I've learned something from your web-sight here. First found out about it from your review on HH, when I was using a Deluth Pack about the size of the pack up there on the right. (The Deluth pack actually does have many advantages when canoe camping. You can make it waterproof & still drag it across rocks, etc) But have been reducing weight ever since. This summer my wife (in her 60's) started camping for the first time. All in bear country in NY. Penn and even MA. We've gone from car camping with showers to where I think we'll be doing some primitive dispersed camping next year. She's never been in a canoe. I'm still trying to find places we can go in a boat that'll be as far away from the crowds as I can get in a canoe. Hard to do as then you need to carry gas... She may need to learn to paddle. Anyhow, you've got a great web sight here.

SGT Rock
2007-11-02, 11:05
Thanks rbd. Glad I can help. I need to get my ass in gear and do some updates though.