PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Grog

Iceman
2007-11-10, 10:31
Just got back from a hunt/hike where I packed in goodies to make a little mountain grog. Used my aquamira to get some water, mixed together some powdered gatorade mix and everclear; viola' Mountain Grog.

After a while, I even did some flame blowing into the fire for everyones enjoyment. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Turk
2007-11-10, 12:26
that sounds great!

Does anyone know what states you can purchase Everclear in?
I don't think there are very many. But if Michigan is one of them
I would make the trip.

Mutinousdoug
2007-11-10, 17:18
I'm pretty sure it's legal to sell in Michigan but I don't think I've never been to a state with crappier selection than the liquor stores there, although Utah might be a close second. In the states anyhow. Ontario's LCB whatchamacallit stores are pretty lame though, too. If you cannot find Everclear, Bacardi 151 (proof) is a contender for flammable liquid refreshment.
And as an aside: Happy b-day to Chesty Puller, wherever you are,for all you USMC past and present.:birthday:

SGT Rock
2007-11-11, 10:00
How about some moonshine?

Iceman
2007-11-11, 20:25
We get our everclear everytime our family travels to N Dakota. Not currently available in Washington or Idaho, Montana yes...

dropkick
2007-11-12, 03:01
In Montana it's only legal in the liquor stores, you can't get it in a bar.
Also can't get 151, Lemon Heart, or any of the other hi test liquors in the bars.
I can somewhat understand the basis for that law (though I don't support any "morality" or personal safety based laws) but it's also illegal to serve alcohol to a drunk...
What kind of stupid law is that, what are bars for?
It's just an excuse to sue a bar/bartender if the customer leaves and does something stupid.