PDA

View Full Version : Bear Grylls dumbs it again

dropkick
2007-11-27, 07:34
I was flipping through the channels and I hit "Man Vs. Nature" again. I watched exactly two minutes before I turned it off.

I watched him kill and eat a crab raw.

This is close to being the meat that you least want to eat raw. On top of the several fatal diseases you might catch there's the possibility of parasites that can shut down your liver or do other fun things to you.

Doesn't he do any research?

Why doesn't he hire a real survival expert to hide behind the camera with the rest of his crew and give him pointers? Or at least stop him from making major mistakes.

Someone might actually listen to him, follow his advice and die.

jimtanker
2007-11-27, 08:30

Yea, and then sue him. :bike:

Iceman
2007-11-27, 09:38

Actually, if anyone had watched his show, then got lost, then ate a crab, then died, who would know?

oops56
2007-11-27, 09:43
He's ok stays in hotel at night. he is a big full bull s---.

sailingsoul
2007-11-27, 11:22
Frankly all the survival shows are pretty much the same. Stating over and over and over,,,,,,,,how much danger they are in. Death is everywhere, under the next pebble. Give the viewer a break ! We get it, they are in DANGER, risking there lives for my viewing pleasure. If they are anywhere with in 500 ft of the ocean a :afraid: SHARK :afraid: would tear them to shreds twice and eat them still alive, just by putting a toe in the water.!!!!!!! I have learned from one show that, " if you so much as nick a finger, that could get infected and that could kill you out there". It's a rare show where enough "food" is shown being eaten that would supply my needs for more than one hour. Five grasshoppers on a stick is not a meal, except in a 5 star restaurant . Sometimes I feel like I'm in more danger of slicing my own throat watching them, than they are being out there. The remote is my survival tool while watching any survival show. :adore: Thank God for the remote control. It's ironic that not watching a survival show could increase you odds of survival, what you miss could saver your life. SS :captain:

Iceman
2007-11-27, 12:02
LMAO!!!!! Awesome rant! "danger of slicing my own throat" Now that's funny!!!

Turk
2007-11-27, 19:03
Bear is the man! Its okay to eat raw crab, because it gives you the burst of energy you will need to run full tilt down steep terrain and dive over giant boulders. Of course if you already swam the glacial fed stream, fully clothed, you will be nicely refreshed to free climb vertical rock faces rather than go around. Its not about personal safety, its about being EXTREME!!!

T.V. is the best teacher.

:biggrin:

SGT Rock
2007-11-27, 20:06
If death occurs, discontinue use immediately

Amigi
2007-11-27, 20:21
Not sure how many of you are aware of this, but spoofing Bear Grylls has almost become the stuff of internet legend. Some of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LLAGJZpAD8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbzKSsH6JMM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMF7yFPvIUo

There is another series I cant find, but it was funny as heck. The guy spends 30 mins ( 1 min vid time ) getting ready to cross a 3 ft stream and avoids then defends himself against a killer boulder...that is on the ground. If I find it, I'll post it. I laugh every time I see those episodes.

Amigi
2007-11-27, 20:32
Oh, and more related videos of Bear caught in total bullshit.

Check this one, then look at the related videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpCkhqJs2tc&feature=related

pure_mahem
2007-11-27, 20:46
LMFAO on the last one I hadn't seen that one b4,LOL!

The whole Bear Grylls thing that guy is a freakin moron who in there right mind is going to risk jumping into a 40 foot gorge to grab a tree so they can climb down into it. are you freaking kidding me! I don't know if its the same episode he finds a rope from a traverse across the gorge and he says theres only one way to find out if it wil hold his weight and climbs up it 15 feet and keeps going was anyone else thinking I hope that rope snaps and the guy falls and hopefully knocks some sense into himself. And another thing I am never going to a freakin desert if it means that I am going to have to pee on my t shirt and wrap it around my head!which incidentally I have seen him do twice on 2 different episodes, this guy must love breathing in the smell of his own urine! wonder if he likes sh_t on a shingle too, the literal version. Did see him squeeze elephant dung into his mouth to get water, come here honey give me a kiss will ya!

oops56
2007-11-27, 21:01
He might be a jerk but he got all use fooled [money money] the more you talke about the more he make a fool of him self so you watch to see and more [money money ] he makes off the film. He not crazy just nuts

MrSparex
2007-11-27, 23:38
I pee on my shirt all the time! (I just don't wrap it around my head)
......and of course the older I get the more I tend to tuck my shirt in!

Iceman
2007-11-28, 00:38
Have you ever thought you were peeing outside of your rainpants?

Nightwalker
2007-11-28, 01:13
Not sure how many of you are aware of this, but spoofing Bear Grylls has almost become the stuff of internet legend. Some of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LLAGJZpAD8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbzKSsH6JMM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMF7yFPvIUo

There is another series I cant find, but it was funny as heck. The guy spends 30 mins ( 1 min vid time ) getting ready to cross a 3 ft stream and avoids then defends himself against a killer boulder...that is on the ground. If I find it, I'll post it. I laugh every time I see those episodes.

You almost make me wish that I watch TV. Almost. :)

KLeth
2007-11-28, 02:08
Stopped watching Man vs. Wild since it was obviously faked and exaggerated beyond entertainment.
You have hit the nail on the DANGER! DANGER! DANGER! part for all the survival shows. No matter what it is it is DANGEROUS or potentially DANGEROUS - So is walking or driving to work in the morning!
Apparently I live DANGEROUSLY and work with DANGER !!!!!!! :bandit:

I went back to the Ray Mears programmes, since his focus is on technique and mentality and not the DANGER.

Remember : 3/4 of all home accidents happens in the kitchen and the husbands are forced to eat them :biggrin: (That is why I do the cooking)

oldgrunt
2007-11-28, 03:05
"if you can kill it you can eat it"
A good show would be if he cut off an ear and ate it to survive
that would be funny

"that all i have to say about that"

dropkick
2007-11-28, 07:28
I'm reminded of two stories.

A man (Bear Grylls?) was trapped in an elevator. He survived by recycling his urine.
Would have been more impressive if the elevator had been stuck for more than an hour.

A drug runner/ex-medic who got trapped on an island with no food. So he shot himself up with morphine and survived by eating his own legs. (this one could actually be real - don't remember if it is or not)

sailingsoul
2007-11-28, 12:07
Both cute liners but this one.
A drug runner/ex-medic who got trapped on an island with no food. So he shot himself up with morphine and survived by eating his own legs. (this one could actually be real - don't remember if it is or not) LAMO at "if it's true or not" part. OH Yeah! I can believe it's true. If he was smart, He should have started with his toes for appetizers. Let's hope Help didn't show up right after desert. SS:captain: