PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas

Bear
2007-12-21, 14:03
Just wanted to take this opportunity to wish everyone out there Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Will be away from the computer for a while in a couple of days visiting relatives for Christmas then heading to the hunting camp with my step son and then my son will join me there for some quality father/son time. Everyone be safe, donít drink and drive, and most importantly keep Christ in Christmas.

Note for Iceman:
How has the hunting been going over there and how did you make out with all the flooding a while back? It has been a good season for us so far. My son got a doe opening day, my step son a spike the next weekend (his first hunt), and during muzzle loader season I got a doe and a 10 point. Hope to catch the second rut right after Christmas so my son can get a nice buck. He is at the camp right now but the weather down here is in the upper 60ís and not many deer moving a whole lot. Send some of that cold weather down here!:beer:

peter_pan
2007-12-21, 17:32
Merry Christmas to Rock, Dixicritter and all the guys and gals at Hiking Hq.

Pan

Iceman
2007-12-22, 00:00
Merry Christmas to All! A special shout out to anyone serving the interests of the United States. You too JimTanker! Heh, heh, heh,....

Bear, my group of three hunters scored on two Muledeer, and two Roosevelt Elk. A great hunt season. Now we are floating around in these floods, blasting ducks, and Geese. Next is Coyote, rabbit if I can find a huntable population. Oh boy, then spring Turkey season!

The flooding was brutal, worse on record in this state. 17inches of rain in a couple of days. With our steep topography, it simply cannot contain that amount of water, lookout downstream. If any of you have driven on Interstate 5, between Portland and Seattle, it was shut down for five days, had nine feet of water over the roadway.

oops56
2007-12-23, 11:58
Mary Christmas to all be safe out there.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d52/oops62/stoves%202/th_mexmas2.jpg (http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d52/oops62/stoves%202/?action=view&current=mexmas2.flv)

jimtanker
2007-12-23, 14:53
I get to pull Sergeant of the Guard Christmas night. That means I get to check Santa's ID before he is allowed into the compound.

JAK
2007-12-23, 16:02
Merry Christmas
Good will to all to all men.
Patience to all women.

easy on that trigger jimtanker at least 'til I get my lump of coal

Turk
2007-12-23, 18:32
Merry Christmas to All.

And especially to any and all that are working through the holidays.
May you find some some means of enjoying friends and family.

Stay safe.

*crossing my fingers that I can be home for christmas eve night*

Iceman
2007-12-24, 01:20
If I was santa, I would give out the following:

For Bear, some cold weather and a great hunt!
For Pan, a whole ton of new customers this spring!
For Oops, a whole slug of nasty old abused and neglected stoves, you know damn well we will get every one of them back into working shape! (Oops, cool video xmas wishes!)
For JimTanker, a free pass to any bar you want, stocked with babes of all makes, all looking for a stud like JT. Or, a book about early mountaineiring around the world. And, just cause I like you, a free trip back to the states, permanently!
For JAK, time off the studies to be with family, and time for a winter hike!
For Turk, three sponsors; titanium, hightech fabric, and kayak manufacturers, begging for his assist in the design, testing, and representing of a product line you design!
For Rock and Dixie; a home along the AT, with a trail at the edge of the driveway!

There are alot of other great people visiting this site thru the year, I have not forgotten about any of you either. (But you didn't post here yet, so you may get coal in your stocking! )

I really enjoy chatting with you all, makes my life better.

Merry Christmas! I wish all of you a great new year.

Kevin.

sailingsoul
2007-12-24, 11:07
Merry Christmas and Seasons Greetings. I thank all for the good wishes posted. In the true Holiday spirit I wrote this poem.
For all readers wherever
Celebrating whatever
Not to exclude, whomever
My Best Wishes, forever
SS :santaclau

MalTheElder
2007-12-24, 21:47
Merry Christmas, Happy Yule, and a most excellent New Year to all y'all out there. To JT and the rest of the troops, kindly emulate this trooper so we can see y'all back here in the world soonest!

Best,
Mal

dixicritter
2007-12-25, 11:03
Hope everyone here at the HQ got everything they wanted for Christmas! Y'all deserve it!

Merry Christmas from our family to yours!

Turk
2007-12-25, 17:08
http://ehko.info/HQ_jrb_christmas.jpg
Hope you all are hanging warm and dry this christmas morning.
I know I am :D :cool:

New additions:
- JRB Old Rag Mountain +1oz overfill
- JRB Rocky Mountain No Sniveller +1oz overfill

With 7" of loft around me + my FF Rockwren as a top quilt,
a nice warm fire in the JRB hammock tent...... I think I will
pour another cup of christmas cheer.

happy holidays. Best wishes to all of you.

Tell us what you got!:biggrin: :biggrin:

dropkick
2007-12-25, 20:03
Merry Christmas to all!

I made out.
Got a digital camera - a Canon A560 - very happy with it
A 2 Gig card for the camera
A new pair of Crocks - "winter" style with no holes
A movie gift card with enough on it for 4 matinees - I like to go to the movies and this gives me a good excuse
A couple of shirts
A harmonica - Hohner Blues Harp MS in C
A sweater vest
And some beef Jerky

Hope everyone else has a happy.

Turk,
Hope you also got a chunk of carpet for those bare feet to land on.

Frolicking Dino
2007-12-25, 23:17
:santaclau :santaclau Merry Christmas to my hammocking friends :santaclau :santaclau

SGT Rock
2007-12-28, 13:36
I got a fresh case of itchy feet. I want to start so damn bad.

Ron Haven
2007-12-30, 00:30
Merry Christmas to Rock, Dixicritter and all the guys and gals at Hiking Hq.

PanHappy Holidays to all.Peter Pan hello.

JAK
2007-12-30, 11:18
Merry Christmas all.

I got one of those clip on headlamps, which I think is pretty cool.

Also a compression sac I returned for a Wenger swiss army pocket knife. I got it mostly for the scissors, so I can do some sewing projects in the woods, and also to carry with me on my key chain all the time. I like the scissors as they are serrated and seem pretty good. This one in black:
http://www.wengerna.com/browse/product.jsp?prod_id=339&cat_id=1&cat_name=Knives&sub_cat_id=18

I also got the new atlas on backroads in New Brunswick:
http://www.fedpubs.com/subject/travel/nb_backroad.htm

Oh yeah. A new sled. It really flies. :D
Backs hurting a little from dragging Margaret all about. :)

Thudley
2007-12-30, 11:56
Belated Merry Christmas to all. Just back from a duty call at a most inconvenient time.

My best wishes for a great New Year for you all, and a special thanks to Sarge & Dixiecritter for hosting this most helpful website.