PDA

View Full Version : Is this the place

sysiphus
2007-12-25, 19:05
for introductions?

New guy here, just checking in. Name's Dave. Husband, father, Soldier, maker of DIY gear of all kinds (well, more of a wannabe maker...). I check out a bunch of forums that reference this one--actually thought I had signed up a while back, but apparently not! I have been lurking here quite a bit, can't wait to get back to the house so I can get out to the woods!

Anyway, howdy!

dixicritter
2007-12-25, 19:49
Welcome to the HQ family! Hope you get home real soon! :)

Iceman
2007-12-25, 21:42
Iraq Currently!? Keep your head down, get your butt home safe! Welcome and Merry Christmas!

sailingsoul
2007-12-26, 08:13
DING! I always get a kick ringing the welcome bell! Welcome , Ding Ding. SS:captain:
PS: Is your screen name from greek mythology?

CoyoteWhips
2007-12-26, 08:40
Always good to see another Dave on board.

peter_pan
2007-12-26, 08:47
Thanks for serving....stay safe and get home soonest.

Pan

sysiphus
2007-12-26, 09:05
Thanks for the welcome, everyone! A merry Christmas and a hope for a non-deployed 2008 for all!

PS: Is your screen name from greek mythology?Yep. Kind of a bastardization of "Sisyphus". Many of the forums I go to wouldn't understand (or appreciate) a name that starts with "Sisy", so I changed it up a bit. Took it on about 8 years ago, I was a 30 year old PFC with a wife and a couple of kids. The mythological Sysiphus with his ever-rolling stone kinda fit with the concept of 'futility' that I was under. The name just stuck.

deadeye
2007-12-26, 14:48
Always good to see another Dave on board.

Ditto! Welcome, and get home safe.

sailingsoul
2007-12-26, 18:55
Yep. Kind of a bastardization of "Sisyphus". Many of the forums I go to wouldn't understand (or appreciate) a name that starts with "Sisy", so I changed it up a bit. Took it on about 8 years ago, I was a 30 year old PFC with a wife and a couple of kids. The mythological Sysiphus with his ever-rolling stone kinda fit with the concept of 'futility' that I was under. The name just stuck.
That is to funny! but we wouldn't call you "sissy puss". You could use the right spelling around here. I wouldn't even think about it, let alone post it. This group it far to mature and sophisticated to rag you like that. Oh, your are among friends. Right? On second thought, you better leave it. :wink: SS :captain:

Amigi
2007-12-27, 16:59
There are too many Dave's here....

Welcome. Stay for the tofu and survival advice, but dont let any of these ppl try to sell you anything. Sgt Rock, our leader, sold me 40 acres of land awhile ago, he just didnt tell me it was in Basra...:idea: And Iceman is really that, an iceman we defrosted a couple years ago to ask him questions about survival. We never should have let him on a computer.:cguru:

:ciao: Welcome, MC and HNY. ( Dont eat the tofu, it'll kill ya. Sailingsoul made it. :aetsch: )

dropkick
2007-12-28, 08:01
DAVE'S
RULE

Umm.. I'm a Dave too.
Welcome aboard.

dropkick
2007-12-28, 08:10
That is to funny! but we wouldn't call you "sissy puss". You could use the right spelling around here. I wouldn't even think about it, let alone post it. This group it far to mature and sophisticated to rag you like that. Oh, your are among friends. Right? On second thought, you better leave it. :wink: SS :captain:

Though as this is a hiking board I occasionally might go with the pronunciation of your pen name and say something about your being/having sissy-foots.

deadeye
2007-12-28, 08:22
Though as this is a hiking board I occasionally might go with the pronunciation of your pen name and say something about your being/having sissy-foots.

Sissy-FEET! (any Tolkien fans out there?)

SGT Rock
2007-12-28, 12:39
Keep your ass down and your head on a swivel until you get back - then lets get back on the trail.

sysiphus
2007-12-28, 20:17
Keep your ass down and your head on a swivel until you get back - then lets get back on the trail.
Ass down: Check.
Head on swivel: Check

Back on trail: Yes, 1SG!! Moving, 1SG!

Rumor mill has us as 'double digit midgets' here in the kitty litter. BDE draggin feet on the re-deployment orders.

SGT Rock
2007-12-29, 10:17
Ass down: Check.
Head on swivel: Check

Back on trail: Yes, 1SG!! Moving, 1SG!

Rumor mill has us as 'double digit midgets' here in the kitty litter. BDE draggin feet on the re-deployment orders.
I't purely rumor mill I can tell you. Brigades don't have that much pull to slow them down or change 'em. What you have is FOBBITS at CORPS working half time because it's December and there are too many Christmas parties at the rec center.