PDA

View Full Version : Gossamer Gear Pads

Cactus4Brains
2008-01-18, 15:49
So just received two pads from gossamer the Nightlight 3/4 (same thing I hear as the Mt. Washington which is no longer made at least no where I can find), and the 1/4" Thinlight (wide).

Ordering was simple and smooth and received my items in about 3 days from time of order. So far they have seem extremely warm, used those 2 and my 30 degree bag outside on the concrete and was quite toasty, though the neighbors were giving me odd looks lol. Unlike the Mt. Washington the Nightlight is definatly one solid piece though one side is smooth and the other egg crate shaped.

The thinlight I think is going to be great the width will be nice for making an insulated "U" shape around me. Only issue is fitting it into my pack, coming from the more traditional side of camping my current bag is strained to fit it in there at best.

The pic is of both mats I put a standard letter on the mat to try and give you all a size reference.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e304/azstinger11/IMG_0068.jpg

dropkick
2008-01-19, 01:07
If you don't have room inside the pack I would suggest rolling it and tyeing across the top of your pack.

blackdog
2008-01-19, 05:15
How does this combination pad compare to your old setup? Is it just the material of the pad that makes the difference or is there more than that to it?

The pic is of both mats I put a standard letter on the mat to try and give you all a size reference.

An envelope isn't the same size in all places. :( ...but a CD is, which makes it a more universal object to use for size comparisons. It's also easier to find one at home...
(The most common envelope size in Sweden is C5, which is 162 x 229 mm)