PDA

View Full Version : No Humor??

warraghiyagey
2008-02-09, 14:31
But what if something funny happens??
:bike:

dixicritter
2008-02-09, 16:00
Over here it's called "There I was..." (http://hikinghq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=77) instead of "Humor" :wink:

warraghiyagey
2008-02-09, 16:41
Over here it's called "There I was..." (http://hikinghq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=77) instead of "Humor" :wink:

OHHhhhhhh. :embarasse

warraghiyagey
2008-02-09, 16:49
I like it over here. It' peaceful.

dixicritter
2008-02-09, 16:51
OHHhhhhhh. :embarasse

LOL... it's ok Rock had to be different.

dixicritter
2008-02-09, 16:52
I like it over here. It' peaceful.

yes it is. Totally different! LOL

GGS2
2008-02-09, 19:53
I think all the funny guys stay over there.

warraghiyagey
2008-02-09, 21:01
Really?? Sounds like an invitation for me to start telling my "Walked into a Bar" jokes.

Lone Wolf
2008-02-09, 21:12
very few libs over here is why :beer:

warraghiyagey
2008-02-09, 22:32
Mm Hmm

:cheers:

dixicritter
2008-02-09, 22:34
Aww come on there's funny folks over here, just not as many grouches. :wink:

warraghiyagey
2008-02-09, 22:38
Aww come on there's funny folks over here, just not as many grouches. :wink:
But are there any funny liberals (aside from Wolf - who hasn't admitted it yet).:ahhhhh:

Bear
2008-02-10, 10:47
Sure, there are a bunch of us closet liberals here, Iceman, Take-a-knee, Dropkick., me, etc… We’re so liberal we are having trouble deciding which democrat we are going to vote for because they are both so far right.:biggrin:

dixicritter
2008-02-10, 10:58
I think things are so peaceful here because everybody's packin' :wink:

jimtanker
2008-02-10, 11:21
Or deployed.

60 more days!!! (or there abouts)

Amigi
2008-02-10, 13:33
1. Chuck Norris does not wear a condom. Because there is no such thing as protection from Chuck Norris.

2. Chuck Norris doesn't consider it sex if the woman survives.

3. Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas.

4. Chuck Norris frequently donates blood to the Red Cross. Just never his own.

5. They once made a Chuck Norris toilet paper, but it wouldn't take shit from anybody.

6. When the boogeyman goes to sleep, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

7. Chuck Norris can set ants on fire with a magnifying glass. At night.

8. Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

9. Chuck Norris has counted to infinity. Twice.

10. Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried. Ever.

11. Jesus may be able to walk on water, but Chuck Norris can swim through land.

12. In 1945, Adolf Hitler was really kicked to death by a five year old Chuck Norris.

13. Chuck norris CAN believe its not butter

14. Chuck Norris doesnt sleep, he waits.

15. Chuck Norris doesnt need a TV remote, he just yells at it.

16. Contrary to popular belief, America is not a democracy, it is a Chucktatorship.

17. Chuck Norris was in the original version of Mortal Kombat, but no matter what button you pushed, all he did were roundhouse kicks. Activision looked into it but couldnt find any bugs. When they asked the real Chuck about it, he said, "That's no bug."

18. Chuck Norris doesnt pay taxes. He just send the IRS a photo of himself really angry.

19. CNN was originally created as the "Chuck Norris Network" to update Americans with on-the-spot ass kicking in real-time.

and finally...

20. Chuck Norris doesnt do pushups, he pushes the Earth down.

dixicritter
2008-02-10, 16:36
Or deployed.

60 more days!!! (or there abouts)

Not much longer now Jim! Here's hoping it'll fly by for ya! Stay safe and get back home in one piece!

jimtanker
2008-02-10, 16:40
I should have seen it coming a long time ago. The wife (soon to be ex) always did hate Chuck Norris.

warraghiyagey
2008-02-10, 23:30
Safe days jim t. Here's to your return and happy times ahead for you.:beer:

Frolicking Dino
2008-02-11, 22:10
very few libs over here is why :beer:There's a Dino in the house - there goes the neighborhood.
This is the Dino --> :stickyman because this is the Dino at WB :damnmate:

warraghiyagey
2008-02-11, 23:01
There's a Dino in the house - there goes the neighborhood.
This is the Dino --> :stickyman because this is the Dino at WB :damnmate:

I know a Dino that has too much good stuff to have it be abused.:dancing:
Same with DC. Hope the best daily peace finds you both.:hello:
Or that you find it. Sometimes we just let go.

sailingsoul
2008-02-14, 19:26
Hang in there jimmy. SS

enviro
2008-03-07, 17:39
Hey if I promise to be nice can I play over here too?:angel:

Frolicking Dino
2008-03-07, 19:29
Hey if I promise to be nice can I play over here too?:angel:Of course you can play over here - if you can stand my wicked tail :D

Seriously, it's a really nice place to play and learn about backpacking in general. It isn't all about the AT or the whole culture that built up around the AT.

dixicritter
2008-03-07, 21:33
Hey if I promise to be nice can I play over here too?:angel:

Absolutely! The more the merrier. Welcome to the HQ envirodiver. :)

enviro
2008-03-07, 23:22
Hey Dixie are there still ion stoves available for sale?

BTW I really dig your family situation. That's nice. I've been divorced for a long time, but very involved on a daily basis in my daughters lives. You guys seem to have something very cool.

enviro
2008-03-07, 23:23
Of course you can play over here - if you can stand my wicked tail :D

Seriously, it's a really nice place to play and learn about backpacking in general. It isn't all about the AT or the whole culture that built up around the AT.

As I said, I love a wicked tail.:elefant:

dixicritter
2008-03-08, 08:28

BTW I really dig your family situation. That's nice. I've been divorced for a long time, but very involved on a daily basis in my daughters lives. You guys seem to have something very cool.

Thanks we try. :)

And we're still waiting on our stove stands to be cut. I need to call on that, thanks for reminding me. Man I've got too many things to remember right now...LOL.

Frolicking Dino
2008-03-08, 12:54

BTW I really dig your family situation. That's nice. I've been divorced for a long time, but very involved on a daily basis in my daughters lives. You guys seem to have something very cool.The Rock & Dixi kids are great - a lot of fun to be around. I have always felt the best way to judge a family's health was by the kids -- the Rock family is one of the best I know.

warraghiyagey
2008-03-09, 00:24
Enviro's in the house. Welcome.:bootyshak
:angel:

enviro
2008-03-09, 00:25
Thank you my Bro

warraghiyagey
2008-03-09, 00:31
Wow, that's the first time I've gotten a quick response here. Sweet.

enviro
2008-03-09, 01:08
Just happened to be on the site. I like WB very much, but how many times can you read the "Should I filter water", trekking poles, threads. I want to get new info and I certainly respect the opinions of many of the folks that know more than me. At the same time there are some serious A-holes over there.

I envy you your SOBO hike this year. Wish I had the time. I think SOBO is the way to go.

vonfrick
2008-03-09, 13:42
:hello:
Just happened to be on the site. I like WB very much, but how many times can you read the "Should I filter water", trekking poles, threads. I want to get new info and I certainly respect the opinions of many of the folks that know more than me.

agreed. and i thought i'd find one more thing on the internet to "check" as i continue to hone my work avoidance techniques.

dixicritter
2008-03-09, 14:11

agreed. and i thought i'd find one more thing on the internet to "check" as i continue to hone my work avoidance techniques.

We actually like smilies over here. :girl: Welcome the the HQ vonfrick! Jump in the water's fine.

Frolicking Dino
2008-03-09, 15:09
This place is great - smiley-friendly and you can use pics in every single forum here!

Nightwalker
2008-03-09, 19:25
...how many times can you read the "Should I filter water", trekking poles, threads.

Don't forget "shelters suck".

Howdy, Wolf. Glad to see you posting here! :) I apologize for saying that you were my friend the other day. I'll try not to let it happen again! (Notice that I didn't speak for you in any way. I'm just glad that you put up with me!)

Frolicking Dino
2008-03-09, 19:41
::: Dino curls tail around Nightwalker & LW and holds them prisoner until they hold hands & sing Kumbaya - it could be a long night ::::

warraghiyagey
2008-03-09, 19:58

Hey, hey - another friendly voice!
Hi VF.

Nightwalker
2008-03-09, 20:15
::: Dino curls tail around Nightwalker & LW and holds them prisoner until they hold hands & sing Kumbaya - it could be a long night ::::

I'm not sure what you mean. I love LW, and he doesn't really hate me or nothing. Maybe when I get all religious and stuff...

Mostly, he just ignores me online and treats me great IRL. :)

Frolicking Dino
2008-03-09, 20:22
I'm not sure what you mean. I love LW, and he doesn't really hate me or nothing. Maybe when I get all religious and stuff...

Mostly, he just ignores me online and treats me great IRL. :)I'm doing some good-natured teasing - LW wouldn't hold hands with any male and sing Kumbaya.... it just wouldn't happen.

dixicritter
2008-03-09, 20:25
I'm doing some good-natured teasing - LW wouldn't hold hands with any male and sing Kumbaya.... it just wouldn't happen.

We could probably make lots of money on ticket sales if it were to happen though. LOL.

Frolicking Dino
2008-03-09, 23:46
We could probably make lots of money on ticket sales if it were to happen though. LOL.::: Dino looks up ways to make photoshopped movies :::

warraghiyagey
2008-03-10, 11:28
I'm doing some good-natured teasing - LW wouldn't hold hands with any male and sing Kumbaya.... it just wouldn't happen.

Hmm. . . sounds like Damascus could use a little guitar around the campfire. We can trick LW into it. I'm sure of it.

Frolicking Dino
2008-03-10, 12:13
Hmm. . . sounds like Damascus could use a little guitar around the campfire. We can trick LW into it. I'm sure of it.:::: Dino seen on tconference call with Gypsy, Pirate, Wonder and The Only Wanderer plotting ::::

warraghiyagey
2008-03-10, 17:15
:::: Dino seen on tconference call with Gypsy, Pirate, Wonder and The Only Wanderer plotting ::::

Eeeexcellent. The game is afoot.:flute:

woodsy
2008-03-25, 21:03
Southern hillbillies may wish to adopt some lines:beer:

Log on - Make the wood stove hotta.

Log off - Don't add no more wood.

Monitor - Keep an eye on that wood stove.

Download - Getting the firewood off the truck.

Floppy disk - What you get from trying to carry too much firewood.

Ram - The thing that split that firewood.

Hard drive - Getting home in the winta.

Prompt - What the mail ain't during the winta.

Window - What to shut when it's cold outside.

Screen - What to shut during black fly season.

Screen saver - Duct tape for the torn window screen.

Byte - What the black flies do.

Bit - What the black flies did.

Megabyte - What the BIG black flies do during trout season.

Chip - Munchies for TV.

Microchip - The crumbs in the bag after you've eaten the chips.

Modem - What you did to the weeds growing in the driveway.

Dot matrix - Old Dan Matrix's wife.

Lap top - Where the beer spills when you pass out.

Software - The dumb plastic knives and forks they give you at McDonalds.

Hardware - Real stainless steel cutlery.

Mouse - What makes the holes in the Cheerios box.

Main frame - What holds the house up, hopefully.

Enter - The only way to win those magazine ad sweepstakes.

Web - What a spida makes.

Web site - What's found in the corners of high ceilings.

Cursor - Someone who swears.

Search engine - What you do when the caa dies.

Home page - Map you keep in your back pocket in case you get lost in the woods.

Upgrade - Steep hill.

Server - Waitress.

Mail server - Male waitress, damn few in Maine.

Sound card - One of them technological birthday cards that plays music when you open it.

User - The neighbor who keeps borrowing stuff.

Browser - A problem moose in the garden or blueberry patch.

Network - Mending holes in the fishnet.

Internet - Complicated fishnet repair method.

Netscape - What haddock do when you don't do your network.

Online - Good sign there'll be clean clothes this week.

Offline - The clothespins let go and the laundry falls to the ground.

warraghiyagey
2008-03-26, 13:40
OOps!! I think we broke the WB with the anti-smiley thread. OK, but if we all stick together we can blame Dino. She's off hiking. All we have to do is stick to our story.
K? K!

:angel:

enviro
2008-03-26, 13:52
What did Dino do this time?

Jeez

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/basic/popcorn.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

warraghiyagey
2008-03-26, 13:59
What did Dino do this time?

Jeez

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/basic/popcorn.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

I don't know but it was probably really, REALLY bad. She's stirring up trouble on the WB in the Moderators Please thread. I know she's behind it, even though, curiously, her name is nowhere to be found on it.
It's likely a collaboration between her and that minx Vonfrick.

enviro
2008-03-26, 15:12
Pretty frickin sneaky.

Did Dino change her screen name?

dixicritter
2008-03-26, 15:14
LOL... Poor Dino always getting blamed for breaking WB lately.

I just love the fact that folks get so bent out of shape over something so silly as smilies in the first place.:gob_rolle

warraghiyagey
2008-03-26, 15:54
LOL... Poor Dino always getting blamed for breaking WB lately.

I just love the fact that folks get so bent out of shape over something so silly as smilies in the first place.:gob_rolle

Smilies are baayaaad. . . mmmmmKaayy??
:bootyshak

enviro
2008-03-26, 16:01

It's because we live in the United States of the Offended. A bunch of folks are going around just look for a good reason to get bent out of shape. The same dude started another thread about leashing his dog, which he said was optional since they didn't patrol that area, and finished with he could put in more trail detail but that dancing banana was driving him nuts...LOL

dropkick
2008-03-27, 01:08
You're post offends me!
You make it sound as if we're just looking to get offended at any little thing!
And that couldn't be any further from the truth.
It takes something major to offend me!
Like you're post saying I might be easily offended.

enviro
2008-03-27, 02:48
I'm sorry if I offended you... (me rolling my eyes back in my head). If your sensitive sensibilities are tweaked by me being so outlandish...my bad. I only mentioned it for those who are offended by the offensive behavior of the offensivetals.

warraghiyagey
2008-03-27, 04:49
Ummmmm. . .
'Truly you possess some dizzying logic.'

dixicritter
2008-03-27, 08:27
LOL... yep that's about the size of it right there. Sad but true.