PDA

View Full Version : Online Groceries- USA

UK_Ian
2008-03-12, 11:15
Just a quickie.

Does anyone know any US online grocery shops? In the UK Tesco, Asda, etc are all online. I need to get an idea on costings for the trip and of products available. E.g. do you get small sachets of coffee?:confused2

Jim Henderson
2008-03-12, 13:29
In the USA, most of the larger grocery chains have online ordering. They are oriented around home delivery so you will probably need to do a little homework to arrange for pickup or delivery to a designated location.

Usually the webpage format of... www.storename.com will get you to their shopping page. Typically they will have pricing info.

The larger chains in California are... Vons/Safeway, Albertsons, Ralphs, Stater Brothers. I think that's it. There are "bulk" chains like Food For Less and Winco Foods, but I am not sure they deliver. But they usually have larger packages of items. Lastly Costco and Sams Club are two big package retailers. I know Costco has online shopping, and they will mail non perishables.

They will sell and deliver anything they sell in the store.

I assume a sachet is pre bagged products like tea bags. Most stores do have the bagged coffees, but they are more expensive and there is less selection. Most coffee comes in cans or plastic/foil bags.

Good Luck,

Jim Henderson

Frolicking Dino
2008-03-12, 14:03
Just a quickie.

Does anyone know any US online grocery shops? In the UK Tesco, Asda, etc are all online. I need to get an idea on costings for the trip and of products available. E.g. do you get small sachets of coffee?:confused2This sort of service is mostly limited to larger urban areas. In the US, we generally go to the grocery store and buy our food and sundries off the shelf. There are many places to do this somewhat close to the AT and these are what are listed as grocers and resupply points in the on-line ALDHA Companion (http://www.aldha.org/comp_pdf.htm)

Wise Old Owl
2008-03-12, 23:53
"Just a quickie?????" does he know?

enviro
2008-03-13, 01:01
I think that Harris Teeter has on-line ordering and delivery.

ki0eh
2008-03-13, 09:55
"Just a quickie?????" does he know?

Recall, we are two nations separated by a common language. Table that for now...
________
Weedtracker (http://dispensaries.org/)

UK_Ian
2008-03-14, 04:55
We British do not do quickies in the manner you refer. We are finely tuned and can cruise all day!

:reddy:

Frolicking Dino
2008-03-14, 05:55
We British do not do quickies in the manner you refer. We are finely tuned and can cruise all day!

:reddy:::: Dino gives Ian a high-five for a situation well-handled :biggrin: :::

warraghiyagey
2008-03-14, 06:16

:reddy:

::: Dino gives Ian a high-five for a situation well-handled :biggrin: :::

And how!! Good show Ian. Cheers. :beer:

(But quickies can be fun.)
:angel:

Frolicking Dino
2008-03-14, 06:24
(But quickies can be fun.):angel:But longies are still way more fun :knuddel:

warraghiyagey
2008-03-14, 06:48
But longies are still way more fun :knuddel:

Without question.