PDA

View Full Version : Missing my Dino and Dixi

warraghiyagey
2008-03-19, 04:45
So aaaaanywho, I've been a bit sporadic in my visits lately and for sure as the days pass, like friends I've had before me, I'm missing my Dixi and my Dino. I'm sure others here have the same thing happen to them when they're off-line for awhile.
So quoi le Frick?? Did I go away for too long?? Or did you guys turn into entitled smarty-pantses?? Or am I just a moron?? (please check 'A' or 'B' only).
:bath:

Frolicking Dino
2008-03-19, 09:35
Dixi and Rock are spending family time and one of the Dino grandchildren is PICU in Knoxville. He is going to be OK, but it is still scary.

warraghiyagey
2008-03-19, 09:41
Hope all is well.

Frolicking Dino
2008-03-19, 09:58
He is barely 17 yo and had bite realignment surgery yesterday. This involves breaking the upper and lower jaw on both sides. When they got in there, they found a serious deviation in his septum (thing up the middle of the nose) and were afraid he would not be able to breath adequately while his jaws were wired shut so they repaired it. He wouldn't stop bleeding which landed him on a ventilator down one nostril (since his mouth is wired shut) and with a suction tube down the other nostril (to keep the blood from making him vomit - a real bad idea while your jaws are wired shut).... IVs in both arms and another INT in his hand.

Some of you know I raised a grandchild for two years after he was abandoned by his mother. His father was in Army special forces and had 18 years in... this is the grandchild.... I'm very close to this boy and was his sole mother figure for some time. He now has a wonderful step-mother who loves him, but he needs us both plus his Dad close by for now. The hospital has wireless and I will likely bring along a laptop today.

enviro
2008-03-19, 11:48
This is an example of there being no such thing as "simple surgery"

I sure do hope that all goes well. Hang tough in these trying times FD.

Frolicking Dino
2008-03-19, 17:23
Thanks for the prayers. He is off the ventilator and in critical care instead of intensive care. He is still a very sick young man, but he is getting better. He is having trouble breathing due to the swelling and and still has a tube pumping his stomach. He can't eat or drink without becoming ill so he's back on IV fluids for now.

warraghiyagey
2008-03-19, 17:26
Good to hear of his progress. Continued prayers that all is well.
Peace Dino
W

vonfrick
2008-03-19, 20:50
Dino, you are a queen among mere mortal women.

warraghiyagey
2008-03-19, 21:20
Will the real Queen Dork please stand up.
:angel:

:ahhhhh:

vonfrick
2008-03-19, 21:25
not me, i'm flat out on the floor :biggrin:

Frolicking Dino
2008-03-19, 22:00
Queen Dork, reporting for duty :D

The NG tube is out and the packing is out of the child's nose. He has drank all his dinner and is sleeping peacefully.

:::: Dino seen doing happy dance to amusement of all children in PCCU - and they could use some cheering up ::::

vonfrick
2008-03-19, 22:04
YAY!!!

:arty:

All hail the Queen of the Dorks!!

GGS
2008-03-19, 22:07

The NG tube is out and the packing is out of the child's nose. He has drank all his dinner and is sleeping peacefully.

:::: Dino seen doing happy dance to amusement of all children in PCCU - and they could use some cheering up ::::

Glad to hear it, FD!

warraghiyagey
2008-03-19, 22:09
:elefant: :dancing2: :marchmell

enviro
2008-03-20, 00:57

That sounds like some real progress. Great news.:dancing2:

Frolicking Dino
2008-03-20, 06:39
We aren't having the best night - lot of coughing from having had the ventilator and severe pain in the jaws with the coughing.... but the boy is on the mend. He has spotted a good looking girl down the hall and is showing interest :D This is the best sign that a teen is getting better.

enviro
2008-03-20, 10:46
Yep that is an excellent sign.

GGS
2008-03-20, 11:28
So FD, I just gotta ask... I understand the potential hazard of the deviated septum, but why oh why didn't the doctors just decide to fix that first and leave the jaw for another day?? I mean, there are only two places a human being can breathe through, and they wire one shut and do surgery on the other...

I'm guessing the answer is they couldn't have spotted the second until they started surgery on the first, but it seems like they could have checked that before surgery.

Poor kid!

Frolicking Dino
2008-03-20, 13:58
Not sure about the answer to that one as I wasn't in on the pre-surgery consult. the child's Dad and He-Dino (who needs a hearing aid and didn't hear it all) were there. The doc said the problem with the nose was worse - much worse - than he thought when he sarted to fix it. They are now saying he will need another surgery on the nose in the future.

Looks like he is going home tonight.

vonfrick
2008-03-20, 14:15
Looks like he is going home tonight.

that's great news! :biggrin:

warraghiyagey
2008-03-21, 16:52
Frickin Dino and Dixi and their frickin other things they have to do, lives to be lived, etc.
It's like an empty cavern in here.

HELLOOOooooooo oooo ooo oo o . . .

GGS
2008-03-21, 17:20
Frickin Dino and Dixi and their frickin other things they have to do, lives to be lived, etc.
It's like an empty cavern in here.

HELLOOOooooooo oooo ooo oo o . . .

Oh sure, sure. Dozens of posters here every day but noooooo WE aren't GOOD enough. It has to be DINO and DIXI. Well well. :eviltongu: :biggrin:

warraghiyagey
2008-03-21, 17:27
Frickin GGS and his (her?) frickin smarmy ass comments like he (she?)'s been here all frickin day.
Frick!!!

:biggrin:

dixicritter
2008-03-23, 20:55
OK, OK... I'll come back.... Tomorrow. ;)

Gotta go give Rock a haircut right now though. He's not being very patient about the whole thing either. LOL.

warraghiyagey
2008-03-23, 22:37
Good to hear from you
Peace

:adore:

:bootyshak

woodsy
2008-03-23, 22:43
Good to hear from you
Peace

:adore:

Are you the same Warraghiyagey whose picture is getting smeered across the world over on WB?

warraghiyagey
2008-03-23, 22:45
Are you the same Warraghiyagey whose picture is getting smeered across the world over on WB?

Yupperdoodle.
But it's all a lie. That truly was Native Spirit rolling tobacco cigarette I was smoking. That is maybe the funniest thread I've read thouh.:biggrin:

vonfrick
2008-03-23, 22:48

how could there possibly be TWO warraghiyageys??

so confusing...

then again, twice the fun. hmm.

warraghiyagey
2008-03-23, 22:50
then again, twice the fun. hmm.

That's what I think too!!!

:biggrin:

woodsy
2008-03-23, 22:51
Yupperdoodle.
But it's all a lie. That truly was Native Spirit rolling tobacco cigarette I was smoking. That is maybe the funniest thread I've read thouh.:biggrin:
Sure, I believe it. That is a pretty funny thread.
Who is the other poster woodsy? Someone you know? He seems to be riding you pretty hard.

warraghiyagey
2008-03-23, 23:01
Sure, I believe it. That is a pretty funny thread.
Who is the other poster woodsy? Someone you know? He seems to be riding you pretty hard.

I met Woodsy one time, last June at Pierce Pond in Maine. During our introduction we recognized each other's names from Whiteblaze.
The rest as they say . . .
He's a great man, with a perfect sense of humor.

dixicritter
2008-03-24, 20:38
Man oh man, I just can't make myself get back into the swing of hanging out on WB for very long at a time yet. It was so nice last week not to have to worry about it at all. To be perfectly honest I really didn't miss it either.

I did miss y'all here on the HQ though. It's so nice and peaceful over here. And I don't get attacked here when I post.

warraghiyagey
2008-03-24, 21:40
Yes, yes. Peaceful here.

:aetsch:

woodsy
2008-03-24, 23:24
Man oh man, I just can't make myself get back into the swing of hanging out on WB for very long at a time yet. It was so nice last week not to have to worry about it at all. To be perfectly honest I really didn't miss it either.

I did miss y'all here on the HQ though. It's so nice and peaceful over here. And I don't get attacked here when I post.

So this is the place that WB addicts recover from beatings :boxing:

Yes, yes. Peaceful here.

:aetsch:

They sure do take that hiking business serious over there huh? :argh:

warraghiyagey
2008-03-24, 23:26
They sure do take that hiking business serious over there huh? :argh:

Yes, this site more and more feels like home.

enviro
2008-03-25, 00:57
Agreed, this place is peaceful, but there is still good info on WB.

Is there still a politics forum there? I sure haven't missed that, or the folks that feel that if you don't use the same filter or tent or whatever as them that it is a personal affront.

warraghiyagey
2008-03-25, 01:01
For sure I dig the WB. Always will. Moreso now since I got out of the subscription forums.
I still need to donate - bad Warrghiyagey.
My first AT friends are there, so many I'm still hoping to meet.
But for serenity, which I need more and more, I come here.
And for an occaisional silly chuckle

warraghiyagey
2008-03-25, 01:03
I sure haven't missed that, or the folks that feel that if you don't use the same filter or tent or whatever as them that it is a personal affront.

Please don't tell me you don't use a Eureka Solitaire, or that you do use a filter. Good God get it right man.

enviro
2008-03-25, 01:19
Hammocks, I thought you would know that Jeez.

warraghiyagey
2008-03-25, 01:23
Hammocks?? Hammocks?? What are you thinking?

:bike:

enviro
2008-03-25, 01:32
LOL, I actually did buy a HH hammock over the winter. I haven't taken it out in the woods yet, just set it up at home. I'm waiting for some warmer weather.

I hope it works out.

dixicritter
2008-03-25, 08:47
Yes this is where I come to recover from my beatings on WB...LOL. The bills over here get paid out of my check book. :wink:

Yep WB still has politics forum... oh goody... NOT!

HH Hammock should work out just fine for you envirodiver. I can't wait to hear all about it. :)

enviro
2008-03-25, 11:24
I've just got to get used to the hammock. Never been a hanger and I'm a side sleeper and waiting for warmer weather. I understand that with the HH and sleeping on the diagonal that it's better for us side sleepers.

I'm always looking for the perfect system, and have found stuff I like, but not the perfect one yet. A tarp is my favorite so far. Someday I may look at some of these Anti gravity, shires or Six Moon Designs single wall tents. Used a Go-Lite Hut 1 on my november BMT hike and was dissapointed in it.

Probably never will find the perfect, but the search is fun.

Cool that with Rock on the trail you guys are all a ble to still spend time.