PDA

View Full Version : Test Run in my HH

FireFighter56
2008-03-26, 00:54
well i got to use my HH for the first time this week to try it out and see what works best for warmth...it seems my setup will be a eggcrate sleeping pad from wallyworld ....worked great to insulate my rear lol...just a pain to get it on that sweet spot in the hammock but once i did i was good to go ...than i layed out my fleece mummy liner i got from cheaper than dirt for 5$ and zipped myself it it and use my Mil-spec mini com mummy bag as a quilt....needless to say after about 10 min at 40 degrees...i was hotter than hell lol but thats good because that tells me i can goto 30 degrees with that setup that and i need some more pratice on getting in and out of the HH...alittle odd at first...but something i feel in time will be nothing major
i think tomorrow if i get time i will try it as a bivy .....oh yeah...the snake skins rock i love them

enviro
2008-03-26, 11:42
I have an HH that I got this winter also. I've set it up a few times and napped in it, but haven't taken it out for a field test. Seems comfortable, but I know what you mean about getting in and out.

I think that I'm going to just wait until weather warms up and I don't need a bunch of extra stuff. I hope it work out for me, but I'm a side sleeper, which is why I got a HH.

FireFighter56
2008-03-26, 12:11
yeah same here...i think it won't be bad in the summer time when i don't need all that stuff to stay warm....i think getting out is harder than getting in....i have a hard time getting the hh to want to open lol.....
i had a Byer hammock befor my HH that was a top loader....over all i really like the HH so far...i'm goin to field test mine in mid april

Take-a-knee
2008-03-27, 23:09
yeah same here...i think it won't be bad in the summer time when i don't need all that stuff to stay warm....i think getting out is harder than getting in....i have a hard time getting the hh to want to open lol.....
i had a Byer hammock befor my HH that was a top loader....over all i really like the HH so far...i'm goin to field test mine in mid april

The exit gets easier with practice, if you set up too low it can be an ab workout to get your feet under you. Unless you expect a blow, set up a bit higher and try it.

FireFighter56
2008-04-21, 01:59
i will find out this week...get to test it on an over night....the first of the hiking season......so i will let u know what i think....but so far i like it alot

Redroach
2008-05-14, 16:02
The more you use the HH the easier it will get. I use mine in cold and hot weather and after a couple of years both ways are pretty darned easy.

TV