PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Sgt. Rock

Gruntacious
2008-04-22, 14:50
I just wanted to take a moment and thank Sgt. Rock and all those who have made this site what it is. I've been pouring over it as of late and feel as though I've learned more about hiking and camping here than in all my experience in the outdoors- especially as it pertains to packing light. I found this site while researching Hennessy Hammocks, which Sgt. Rock single handedly sold me on (you should be on their pay roll).

I wish I had found this site sooner. Thanks again.

warraghiyagey
2008-04-22, 15:45
I haven't gotten much into the light weight hiking or hammocking, but for sure Rock puts alot of energy into the hiking community. Good stuff.

dixicritter
2008-04-22, 17:10
Welcome to the HQ Gruntacious! Glad to have ya here, hope you stick around. :)

SGT Rock
2008-04-23, 09:19
Hennessy occasionally lets me play with the newest toys.

enviro
2008-04-23, 15:30
I'm taking my HH explorer UL out for it's 1st field test in the next couple of weeks. I really want to like hammock camping, we'll see.

Rosaleen
2008-04-23, 19:33
Hey, Envirodriver-

My hubby wore out his camping/hiking interest when he was a Scoutmaster. EXCEPT when I can drag him off to a National Park. Then he is a big fan of his Hennessy Explorer UL. When I brought a tent to test as well as the hammocks, he tried sleeping in the tent just one night, after which he proclaimed he would sleep in his Hennessy or drive 3 hours to a motel.

If you have your hammock set up properly for the conditions, you almost HAVE to love it.

Regards,

Rosaleen

Kuhndog
2008-04-24, 00:02
I'm new to the site as well. I, too, want to say thank you. One of the first tips I got was on using duct tape on a hot spot -- used it for the first time last Friday while on an 8 mile hike at Harmonie Park in Indiana. It saved the day.

Kuhndog

enviro
2008-04-24, 12:58
Hey, Envirodriver-

My hubby wore out his camping/hiking interest when he was a Scoutmaster. EXCEPT when I can drag him off to a National Park. Then he is a big fan of his Hennessy Explorer UL. When I brought a tent to test as well as the hammocks, he tried sleeping in the tent just one night, after which he proclaimed he would sleep in his Hennessy or drive 3 hours to a motel.

If you have your hammock set up properly for the conditions, you almost HAVE to love it.

Regards,

Rosaleen

I hope so. I'm a side sleeper, the HH is supposed to be good for us side sleepers so I'm hopefull.

Thanks for the info