PDA

View Full Version : Sling Shots

kayak karl
2008-07-25, 01:08
in NJ it's against the law to sell them or have one outside your home. AND they MEAN it!!
is it like this in other states???

CaSteve
2008-07-25, 02:46
I had a slingshot as a kid. I could be the poster boy for why that law was enacted :biggrin:

oops56
2008-07-25, 03:29
Oh boy street lights and telephone pole glass insulator.The good old days:beer:

SGT Rock
2008-07-25, 05:36
I've got a few.

MRH
2008-07-25, 11:02
awwwwwwww,,, lots of fun,,, take them on our 4 or 5 day canoe trips to kill alittle time...

Jarhead
2008-07-26, 01:18
Ahh, Yes! a Wristrocket! What fun!

JCW
2008-07-31, 20:33
in NJ it's against the law to sell them or have one outside your home. AND they MEAN it!!

I'm not a fan of N.J.'s weapons laws. Sold just about everywhere here, with maybe the exception of that screwed up mess to the south known as Seattle.

Seeker
2008-08-05, 23:19

not in LA... slingshot, pellet gun, both legal. Don't own a pistol (yet) but you can even carry it (openly) without a permit... only catch is that if you get pulled over by a cop, you have to tell him you have it... no biggie...

jhick
2008-08-06, 08:19
Legally buying a BB gun in NJ is a pain in the ass. Or you could drive south a little and just pick one up off a shelf in store.

Frolicking Dino
2008-08-06, 08:45
The Dino used to be as dangerous with a wrist-rocket as with her teeth and tail - though I'm out of practice.

Footslogger
2008-08-06, 11:18
...and here I thought this thread was going to be about THONGS :albertein

'Slogger

Frolicking Dino
2008-08-06, 14:26
A dino in a thong would be incredibly dangerous. :D

SGT Rock
2008-08-09, 07:21
I've got two pellet guns and two wrist rockets. They are great for training dogs.

oldsoldier
2008-08-18, 22:00
Hm...anyone have any suggestions on decent slingshots? This could be a lightweight, amusing pasttime in rainy camps....

Kanga
2008-08-18, 22:49
double eagle

oops56
2008-08-19, 00:18
You do mean a sling shot this one is about 20 years old or older

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d52/oops62/stoves3/th_slingshort.jpg (http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d52/oops62/stoves3/slingshort.jpg)

warraghiyagey
2008-08-19, 02:05
I've got two pellet guns and two wrist rockets. They are great for training dogs.

Damn dude, that's just mean. :bike:

jhick
2008-08-19, 08:51
depends how hard you pull it back...

kayak karl
2008-08-23, 10:49
Hm...anyone have any suggestions on decent slingshots? This could be a lightweight, amusing pasttime in rainy camps....

http://www.netlinkenterprises.com/prodimages/PS-52.jpg
:ahhhhh:

ritzhenson
2008-08-23, 12:12
Is that a laser sight? That's just sick man!

Wise Old Owl
2008-08-24, 00:41
A dino in a thong would be incredibly dangerous. :D

Dino's arn't around anymore, So I found a live Rhino who was willing to pose.... Still incredibly dangerous. Does anyone have some red paint so we can aim our wrist rockets?.... I need a volunteer!..... Anyone? :afraid:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg275/MarkSwarbrick/rhinothong.jpg

I knew this picture would be handy some day....:albertein

Attention the Poster would like to take a moment to explain - Nothing was ment by this post, No humans or Animals were injured either psycology or phisically by this post. A animal rights activist was on hand at the time this was posted. This is clearly a light hearted joke and was intended to be trully funny for everyone to laugh at as it has been rated G for "Good Fun" by the licenced Posting Industry.

Frolicking Dino
2008-08-24, 09:34
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/Dinothong.jpg

Wise Old Owl
2008-08-25, 23:19
oK THAT IS SCARY ... I can guess this will be the end of the thread.

Frolicking Dino
2008-08-26, 14:52
I doubt this will end the thread - many of these guys have been to war and faced far scarier things than a Dino in a thong.

oldsoldier
2008-08-27, 17:32
I doubt this will end the thread - many of these guys have been to war and faced far scarier things than a Dino in a thong.

Perhaps, but, a dino in a thong is still freaky...I mean, come on...a DINOSAUR? In a THONG?!?!?! Weirds me out.... :ahhhhh:

Rosaleen
2008-08-27, 22:22
MA is probably as bad as NJ with respect to any "weapons." Bleeding hearts have outlawed ALL trapping and tried to outlaw fishing in the state. In the town next to mine, squirt guns and "silly string" have been banned. We plan to retire far from the Northeast.

Rosaleen

Wise Old Owl
2008-08-28, 22:22
Tune in next - Thongs made in the good ol' USA by silly string by Perv's

oneshot
2008-09-03, 21:53
MA is probably as bad as NJ with respect to any "weapons." Bleeding hearts have outlawed ALL trapping and tried to outlaw fishing in the state. In the town next to mine, squirt guns and "silly string" have been banned. We plan to retire far from the Northeast.

Rosaleen

Man I love Missouri:bandit:

Spock
2008-09-04, 22:49
oldsoldier,
Simple slingshot suggestion: Simple is better IMHO. The old Y-type that carries the fastest bands you can find. I like the convenience of the kind that holds ammo in the handle.

If you are wanting a slingshot from nostalgia, be prepared for a shock. A 9-year-old can master it faster than a 40 year-old. I don't know why. So it takes some time. One trick is to block out any attempt to rationalize or aim. Shoot like you throw a ball - just do it - don't try to aim - don't even think about it - think only of your target and pick the smallest visible point on the target - and you will quickly start homing in on your targets. About which, targets of opportunity are better training than formal targets. Wandering in a field or woodlot shooting at whatever you see - soda cans, stumps, marks on trees, rocks - will develop your skills quickly.

oops56
2008-09-04, 23:09
oldsoldier,
Simple slingshot suggestion: Simple is better IMHO. The old Y-type that carries the fastest bands you can find. I like the convenience of the kind that holds ammo in the handle.

If you are wanting a slingshot from nostalgia, be prepared for a shock. A 9-year-old can master it faster than a 40 year-old. I don't know why. So it takes some time. One trick is to block out any attempt to rationalize or aim. Shoot like you throw a ball - just do it - don't try to aim - don't even think about it - think only of your target and pick the smallest visible point on the target - and you will quickly start homing in on your targets. About which, targets of opportunity are better training than formal targets. Wandering in a field or woodlot shooting at whatever you see - soda cans, stumps, marks on trees, rocks - will develop your skills quickly.
You are right when i was a kid had one all the time if the first shot miss the second did not.