PDA

View Full Version : Second Upgrade Complete

SGT Rock
2008-07-30, 04:12
:coffee:I just finished doing the second upgrade. Hopefully that addresses all the issues I have found so far. As usual, keep looking out for anything that doesn't work right and let me know. There will be some slight changes with how some stuff looks and works - but as long as it works and looks good it is OK.

Thanks.:cguru:

GGS
2008-07-30, 11:56
A quick note, the New Posts link shows hundreds of new posts but there are only a few I haven't read.

When I go to the New Posts page I get a long list under "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts." But these threads do not have posts I haven't read.

Just a heads up...

Lone Wolf
2008-07-30, 12:04
WTF? can't imagine

dixicritter
2008-07-30, 12:10
That happened to me when he first turned on the function to save the "new posts" list so that every time you leave the site you don't lose the threads you haven't read yet. If you have already read those threads just catch up on the ones you haven't read yet and then use the "mark all threads read" under "quick links" and that will take care of it until next time you visit.

GGS
2008-07-30, 13:42
Aha! Neat feature. Thanks Dixi!

Amigi
2008-07-31, 06:44
Well Rock. Now when I come to your site it will say 1031 new posts. Every post from the last month will show up as new whether I've opened the thread or not. It used to just say 10 or 50 if I hadnt been on in a day.

Amigi
2008-07-31, 06:45
That happened to me when he first turned on the function to save the "new posts" list so that every time you leave the site you don't lose the threads you haven't read yet. If you have already read those threads just catch up on the ones you haven't read yet and then use the "mark all threads read" under "quick links" and that will take care of it until next time you visit.

Ahhh, thank you...:adore:

dixicritter
2008-07-31, 11:31
Aha! Neat feature. Thanks Dixi!

Ahhh, thank you...:adore:

You are both quite welcome. :)

GGS
2008-07-31, 18:31
Rock and Dixi,

The New Posts counter still doesn't seem to be functioning correctly. I read all new posts this morning and then chose the "Mark forums as read" option from Quick Links. I re-entered the site and confirmed the New Posts showed "1" (the post I left).

This afternoon I checked again and it shows 48 New Posts. When I clicked the link only one forum showed with 1 new post. The entire forum only has 6 posts in it so it's not like I missed it earlier or anything.

So I'm not sure why it shows me there are 48 new posts.

Just a heads up.

SGT Rock
2008-08-01, 08:23
I think it is a POW WEB thing. They constantly find new ways to piss me off.

generoll
2008-08-02, 09:43
I guess I need an "Around the Campfire" for dummies class. I'm used to the way the threads appear in the other forum and don't see that here. I've about maxed out my biologic HD, so each time I learn something new I have to forget something to make room for it. I'd hate to lose the whole 3rd grade so can you make it simple and concise?

Amigi
2008-08-03, 09:10
Rock, the new posts box is still messed up for me. I logged in last night at 12:30am and had 1100 new posts, but of course it was more like 40. Now, it says 18, but there is only one new post?

Lone Wolf
2008-08-03, 09:15
yup. somethin' weird goin' on :biggrin:

Bulldawg
2008-08-03, 11:27
Yeah, it is something weird. I am sure Rock is working on it. I wouldn't really sweat it though.

Amigi
2008-08-03, 19:52
:dontknow:Six total new posts or so, but it says 75?:hmmmm:

saimyoji
2008-08-03, 20:40
post count? what is this post count business? :albertein

Flush2wice
2008-08-03, 21:57
We're all getting that funny post count. It happens on a lot of these forums. It's a glitch in the server's QSS drive. The software is unable to calculate the post field properly because the server uses a positronic core instead of isolinear. Basically, Rock would have to pay $ to upgrade his server, or just wait til someone figures out a patch.
Easier to just ignore it.

dixicritter
2008-08-03, 22:53
We know there's an issue and we're working on it. Please just be patient. It might just be that Vbulletin has to come up with a patch before the problem is solved and there is nothing we can do about it from our end. So y'all may just have to learn to deal with it.

Geo.
2008-10-20, 06:56
Over in the UK at the moment having just done a hike here. (Coast to coast/west to east) Just took a look at Hiking HQ from a pc that uses Windows Vista and has Java enabled but the Nav panel on Hiking HQ isn't visible. Initially there is a briefly shown background pic (green leaves?) then the nav panel goes blank with just a small red cross top left cnr.
Won't know if my system back in NZ (windows XP) has the same problem till next month.
Anyone else getting this problem?
George

EDIT: Oops - fault at pc, not site. Just checked through pc and found that they had the Java setup files on their pc but had not installed them. Installed java and all now ok

deadeye
2008-10-24, 09:17
wait... I thought the Army only took high schoolers... ohhh second UPgrade complete... that's different