PDA

View Full Version : new product - worthy

Wise Old Owl
2008-09-06, 21:49
Great news, my wife found this Ė a chopping mat. Ultra light plastic sheets that protect surfaces & keep food clean. Knifes have little impact. I found it interesting to everyone as an ultralight backpack stiffener & as a clean workplace for food in the wild. Even if you have sat down at a Picnic Table and ate a sandwich, this place mat is worth having. Guess-, she found it at the Dollar Store! Thatís right 2 sheets for a dollar ! Perfect for Freezer bag cooking or having a clean place while preparing food. I guess 14 X 12 inches

Good Old Values
Regent Products Corp
River Grove IL 60171

I am not affiliated in anyway to this company, just saw the potential for these mats in a backpack situation.

Mark

generoll
2008-09-06, 21:59
didn't even look at the product, but your idea is great. I have a hard plastic chopping sheet at home and it never occurred to me to take it along as a cook surface. Mine weighs nothing and can be rolled up or folded or whatever. Guess I need to add another ounce or whatever to my pack.

Jager
2008-09-07, 01:18
Yup, been using this product all summer. I think it's an excellent way to avoid picking up nasty germs from some of the tables at shelters., which always seem to have grease and food all over them. Nothing messes with a hike like food poisoning....

Regards,
J.

mclmm
2008-09-07, 06:31
I've been using a cutting board out bush for years.

here's what I use - for the bargain basement price of A$8.00 at our local discount warehouse.

http://www.asmc.de/images/product_images/popup_images/35200_0.jpg

Well... it's close to the one I use, mine didn't come with the KFS or the folding cup. I later bought a coghlans brand folding cup - has a Swedish mil NSN on the bottom although it's yellow.

The cutting board also has holes in it for use as a strainer for pasta or noodles.

Apparently it's Swedish army issue, so check your surplus stores.

Wonder
2008-09-07, 10:56
I've used them.....they're great!!!!
(PS Mark....have they put up that massive Lowes nest to Mostardis yet.....the thought of it makes me want to cry....I got my first Deer back where the move theater is)

Wise Old Owl
2008-09-07, 12:26
Too many malls round here I don't get it. The old ones aren't doing well so they build another just down the street. Oh look another farm gone! its nuts.

Whats that song? - put up another parking lot.

DarenN
2008-09-07, 13:17
Whats that song? - put up another parking lot.

"Big Yellow Taxi" by Joni Mitchell.

"they paved paradise
and put up a parking lot."

she's from my home town in Saskatchewan, Canada. :biggrin:

DarenN........