PDA

View Full Version : HH Fleece Pad Pics!!

brian
2003-01-25, 19:48
I finally have pics to my HH fleece pad!!

http://www.geocities.com/hennessypics/

Next to be finished: my HH "wings" which are 1.9 oz Ripstop Nylon extentions to the fly- 9" wide, and may be removed. Altho it may sound strange, they are attached via velcro\ 1 guyline to the hammock, and may be tilted to almost any angle for superior weather protection....pics to come soon!

Brian

SGT Rock
2003-01-25, 19:57
Nice pictures. I like how you showed the details on the suspension system.

So how about weight and how cold you have used it? Details!

brian
2003-01-25, 20:01
It weighs just under 11oz, and im usually quite a cold sleeper. I also stuffed my fleece between the hammock and the pad- my feet instantly started to sweat under my socks even tho it was just over 40 F outside! Im thinking of abandoning the side shock cordage and just looping the ring of the hammock to the pad- it might keep it better tensioned and allow for better warmth for your butt.

SGT Rock
2003-01-25, 20:09
That sounds good. I'm thinking a underquilt or fleece that WORKS and weighs less than a pound could be a usefull system.

brian
2003-01-25, 20:11
im sure you could even "go luxerious" and make it 2 layers thick around your butt and feet to make sure you dont getcold, and still be under a lb.

Brian

brian
2003-01-26, 22:59
I updated my site- check it out for info on my fly extentions!

Brian

SGT Rock
2003-01-26, 23:16
I'm looking at your diagram to see what you are doing. Looks like the same thing could have been accomplished by simply sewing a new tie out a few inches up at the corners of the tarp, so if you wanted the drape over, you could change where the tarp is tied out from, then use a simple weight like a shoe at the original tie out point.

Hammock Hanger
2003-01-30, 08:33
I have constructed something like that out of an old down bag, lt wt fleece and silnylon. I will be trying it out next week. I will let you know how it works and if it is really worth the weight & hassle. Hammock Hanger