PDA

View Full Version : When will we get 100 members

kythruhiker
2003-01-08, 12:18
So 500 never happened although it was close...how about 100 in one day?

dixicritter
2003-01-08, 12:26
I've watched the members roll in all morning. At about 6:30 am CST the member count was 29 and in an hours time I saw almost 20 new members roll thru the doors. I know the Sarge is happy....insider info there folks.....lol.

Let's surprise him with over 100 before the end of the first 24 hours the site is up. I know it can happen!!

Very happy to meet everyone, I probably won't be much good at giving out info on hiking (even though I've heard enough about it from the Rock....;) ), but I'm here for any admin troubles or maybe some sewing tips. :D

Easy
2003-01-08, 12:28
it will probably reach 125 today. I sent out 480 e-mails this morning to all the old whiteblaze members, mentioning that a new none whiteblaze forum was started where old whiteblaze members were gathering.

dixicritter
2003-01-08, 12:30
Thank you Easy. That was really kind of you.

dixicritter
2003-01-08, 19:04
The time is now past 5pm EST, we're closing in on 5pm CST and the member count sits at 95. I happen to find this very impressive for a less than 24 hour old message board.

I know that everyone's support means alot to SGT Rock, and I'd like to personally thank ya'll. This is his passion, hiking, and sharing info with his fellow hikers and friends. I know when he gets back and sees all this he's going to be just thrilled.

Thank you everyone!!

dixicritter
2003-01-08, 20:05
One hour later.......

Happy 100!!!

and still going! Congrats everyone!!

:D

Seeker
2005-08-31, 18:42
this is a pretty old poll, i guess, but i just wanted to say i'm glad for this site and forum... there's a different kind of poster here... a lot of people with military backgrounds, similar values and hiking philosophies, and a wonderful willingness to share their experiences. thank you, SGT Rock, for putting it together... i joined, shall we say ''another'' forum the other week, one concerned with hiking a certain stretch of America. folks there are way different... didn't take long to figure out i shouldn't post much there...

and thank you, DixieCritter, for the support that it takes for Rock to make something like this happen.

dixicritter
2005-09-02, 20:06
Thank you Seeker. We are both glad that folks continue to find info here that is useful for their needs.

bird dog
2005-09-03, 03:22
As always Seeker, you have spoken ever so eloquently. It is a great site.

Seeker
2005-09-03, 19:53
me? eloquent? wordy maybe... why use one when two will do (i 'chatter' in person too...) but thank you...

hey rock... i lost track of what thread this was in, but you asked if the folks from polk were being tagged to go help out in NO, and i said i knew an engineer who was 'alerted'... well, he hasn't left yet, so i don't know what the deal is... hope they don't have to go... that bde has enough issues just standing up and getting ready to go where it's going, let alone trying to help out in NO first...

SGT Rock
2005-09-03, 20:07
That thread is here:

http://hikinghq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1358