PDA

View Full Version : Ok...let's Roll Call!

BumpJumper
2008-11-08, 21:42
Dawn here from Summerfield....:beer:

tom_alan
2008-11-08, 22:25
Tom from Pueblo, CO

warraghiyagey
2008-11-09, 01:36
Paul Proteus just in from Traflamadore

smudge
2008-11-09, 06:51
Damn Paul, you type fairly well for having only one hand....

BumpJumper
2008-11-09, 08:05
FLORIDA ROLL CALL? Do you guys live in Florida. :aetsch:

Rick
2008-11-09, 08:23
Rick's here..... Ducking the driveby's. (...ooh... they're out there)

Cuffs
2008-11-09, 09:05
I dont see where you asked for just Florida people... you posted this in Florida Trail info. And actually, this has nothing to do with the Florida Trail and probably should be moved...

generoll
2008-11-09, 09:17
Roll here (Haven Inn). Florida Trail?

Rick
2008-11-09, 10:55
I dont see where you asked for just Florida people... you posted this in Florida Trail info. And actually, this has nothing to do with the Florida Trail and probably should be moved...
Aaaawwww...Cuffs... Gotta give her a break ...She probably came from Trailplace......might be a litttle (s...l...o...w...)

warraghiyagey
2008-11-09, 11:14
Oops. . . I mean Jimbo Smith here from Tampa/St. Pete.

There. . . that's better

Cuffs
2008-11-09, 11:31
If you are from New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ohio, Vermont, Maine, Ontario, or Vermont, you are also from Florida 6 months a year...

Rick
2008-11-09, 13:40
If you are from New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ohio, Vermont, Maine, Ontario, or Vermont, you are also from Florida 6 months a year...
Florida?? No Effing Way!!!! It's Europe or nowhere.
By the way.... One time I was in your gorgeous state for a night of drinking and hitting up on redheads while learning to fuck things up over at Rucker.... I beleive, no wait, I did, I did get the shit beat outta me by 3-4 of your fellow statemen - the proletariet maybe??
The last time I journeyed to the land of red clay, I got to tour a local jail at around 2:13 AM, courtesy of some effing redneck cop that didn't seem to care for impressionists from the Foxworthy era...... They didn't seem to care about allowing me to finish the tour after I paid the $150 Admission fee. Treated me like I just had a baby and bad HMO coverage.[edit wasn't clear....- That's Cuffs 'Bama where I met all those wonderful rednecks.....]

BumpJumper
2008-11-09, 17:13
Ok, carry on.

BumpJumper
2008-11-09, 17:16
And Cuffs.....Under Florida I would have thought for Florida but wtf do I know. I just figured it was self explanatory! Was on every other site I have ever been on.
Carry on.

Superman
2008-11-09, 18:44
I hiked in Florida in January one year. I damn near died of the heat. I personaly feel that there are states that human beings shouldn't be made to live in. :biggrin:

Wonder
2008-11-09, 18:44
Rick's here..... Ducking the driveby's. (...ooh... they're out there)

Where in PA do you live???? Kensington? Upper Darby? Allentown?:ahhhhh:

Austin
2008-11-09, 19:47
Here in Austin Texas, duh... reading "How to Win Friends and Influence People".

Rick
2008-11-09, 20:39
Where in PA do you live???? Kensington? Upper Darby? Allentown?:ahhhhh:
Hi Wonder - Lehigh Valley Just outside of Bethlehem on a big hill that overlooks Blue Mountain from across the valley. About 18 miles from Wind Gap and 21 Miles from Palmerton (as the crow flies)

Wonder
2008-11-09, 23:10
AH....I know it well! I loved it up there so much, I ran tours in Jim Thorpe for a bit. Had friends in Germansville, Nesquahoning and Tamaqua. Did my first backpack between Hawk Mt Rd and 309....where my bud picked me up and brought me to a party in Lansford.....God it was good times! I fell in love with the AT up there. Man, I miss it! Years of good times!!!!!!

Saint Alfonzo
2008-11-10, 09:39
Roll Call...ROLL CALL...I have not answered a"ROLL CALL" sense weekend drill June 2008.Its good to be retired...Saint Alfonzo, is here..

BumpJumper
2008-11-10, 20:21
Superman, you are so right. Wish all the yankees felt that way too!:biggrin:

Superman
2008-11-10, 20:42

I didn't even mention the driving. Florida has millions of people whose driving skills have atrophied but they still have the attitude. Don't worry, not all the nuts rolled down to Florida but They're on their way. Don't get me going on the south west.:biggrin::biggrin::beer:

sheepdog
2008-11-10, 20:44
Know what a left turn signal means in Florida?

Skidsteer
2008-11-10, 20:51
Know what a left turn signal means in Florida?

I'm a dumbass,I'm a dumbass,I'm a dumbass,I'm a dumbass,I'm a dumbass...

sheepdog
2008-11-10, 20:53

close enough!!!!

Superman
2008-11-10, 20:57

That would be on the car of a yankee that moved to Florida.

Superman
2008-11-10, 21:03

You know I was just foolen. :angel:

Cuffs
2008-11-10, 21:21
That would be on the car of a yankee that moved to Florida.

And in the right hand lane.

Ray
2008-11-10, 21:36
Know what a left turn signal means in Florida?It means the vehicle's left turn signal operates.

Superman
2008-11-10, 21:50
And in the right hand lane.

That's true.:beer:

Cuffs
2008-11-10, 21:57
That's true.:beer:

but they also must be wearing the official uniform otherwise it doesnt count... brown sandals, black crew socks, pastel plaid bermuda shorts, bold horizontal striped shirt with a comb-over!

Superman
2008-11-10, 22:13
but they also must be wearing the official uniform otherwise it doesnt count... brown sandals, black crew socks, pastel plaid bermuda shorts, bold horizontal striped shirt with a comb-over!

That's pretty similar to the uniform of the tourists. Except the tourists wear Hawaiian flowered shirts with a camera around their neck.

Superman
2008-11-10, 22:17
Pat and I never did learn how to recognize good water from bad water on the FT. That sulfer/iron water was nasty. We tried to supplement our water by eating oranges and grapefruit. Can you imagine our surprise when we picked a bunch of great looking oranges and they were absolutely bitter.

MalTheElder
2008-11-11, 03:43
Hi, Dawn! Sparr checking in. If all y'all think Summerfield's hard to find. . . . I live about ten miles or so due west of the 88 Store, and a short hop away from Cross Creek (yes, that Cross Creek) :beer: I was born in Dade County, raised in the Virgin Islands (stay up, mon!), and raised on John D. MacDonald novels. His book Condominium should be required reading for everyone planning to move down here. I've spent most of my adult life up here in Cracker country, and regard 'gators as a form of population control :bandit: Hell, they've gotta eat, too. I regard Disney as the greatest disaster ever to hit the state---old Walt's spinning so fast he's speeding up the Earth's rotation! Unfortunately, I've never managed to get my hands on one of those surplus Russian nukes. . . .

. . . And if you hadn't noticed, I can be an acerbic SOB. :angel: Right now I'm sitting here "with my tongue in the cheek of my Gulf Coastal mouth*," so don't y'all get too offended, OK?

I always figured our lousy drivers were mostly the damn cottonheads who never had a license until they moved down here, then they all get blinknesia. Realistically, it's what happens when you cram a place full of people from all over the country, mixing all their radically different driving habits.

The great thing about Florida is we get to camp all winter, neener neener! :aetsch: Not to mention night launches, like this Friday night. I'll be heading up toward Orange Lake, where there's a hill with a great view toward the south-east, and hoping for clear skies. Awesome!

Hey, Bump, how in the heck do I get my wife to try some camping? I'm going nuts staying indoors, but I hate sleeping alone! BTW, is there an FFG happening or what? Wading through the posts on WB was making me nuts, so I'm out of touch.

OK, it's 2:30 AM and 42 degrees F. Should I crawl in a nice warm bed with my beloved, or slide out back to the hammock? Decisions, decisions :ahhhhh:

Best,
Mal/Half Step/Whoever I am this week . . .

* Schoolboy Heart - Jimmy Buffett

hammockhanger
2008-11-17, 09:02
Hammock Hanger logging in from Jacksonville, FL :aetsch:

Frolicking Dino
2008-11-17, 09:14
Dino tail is a temporary resident of of the Jacksonville area while curled around Sue as she recovers.

hammockhanger
2008-11-17, 09:25
Dino tail is a temporary resident of of the Jacksonville area while curled around Sue as she recovers.

and the warming. healing vibrations emanating from that tail are working wonders!!! :D

warraghiyagey
2008-11-17, 09:27
?? . . . hmmmmmm

:ahhhhh:

Frolicking Dino
2008-11-17, 09:30
::: Dino pouring bleach in Warrghy's ear to clean out his dirty mind :::