PDA

View Full Version : Hellooooooooo

hammockhanger
2008-11-11, 18:42
Hey I heard a number of my buddies were hanging out over here. Thought I would come and sit around the campfire for awhile.

Hammock Hanger :)

cool breeze
2008-11-11, 18:53
Hey Sue. Whats up?

hammockhanger
2008-11-11, 19:11
Not much. I have not hiked in a year due to knee issues. After a year of PT and Synvisc injections the doctor has decide to do arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn meniscus and shave down the bone spurs and further debridement.

Surgery is on Friday. If all goes the way I WANT it to I'll be back out hiking on the GET come May 2009. :)

Footslogger
2008-11-11, 19:11
Hey I heard a number of my buddies were hanging out over here. Thought I would come and sit around the campfire for awhile.

==============================

Didn't I just see you at Facebook ?? You really get around there lady !!

'Slogger

hammockhanger
2008-11-11, 19:17
Ya, I spread myself around....

So, you read that my daughter is moving to TX. A whole new world of trail. What is a good time of year to hike there?

Footslogger
2008-11-11, 19:22
Ya, I spread myself around....

So, you read that my daughter is moving to TX. A whole new world of trail. What is a good time of year to hike there?

===========================

Yeah ..and contrary to intuition there are some serious ups/down in Big Bend. We carried some monstrously heavy packs back when we hiked there but there was some serious geography to conquer.

That's where BAT was living when we met (Texas) and shortly before she relocated to Georgia for grad school we decided to do Big Bend.

Oh, by the way ...Texas is REALLY hot in the summer !!

'Slogger

hammockhanger
2008-11-11, 19:27
===========================

Yeah ..and contrary to intuition there are some serious ups/down in Big Bend. We carried some monstrously heavy packs back when we hiked there but there was some serious geography to conquer.

That's where BAT was living when we met (Texas) and shortly before she relocated to Georgia for grad school we decided to do Big Bend.

Oh, by the way ...Texas is REALLY hot in the summer !!

'Slogger

My daughter is going to have to deal with a big climate change after 3 years in Seattle and the island of Rota.

Skidsteer
2008-11-11, 19:41
...my daughter is moving to TX. A whole new world of trail. What is a good time of year to hike there?

January 17th. Wear sunscreen and snake gaiters. :biggrin:

dixicritter
2008-11-11, 19:50
Hey Hammockhanger... great to "see" ya over here. :)

Hope the knee gets better REAL soon!!!

hammockhanger
2008-11-11, 20:07
so we only get to hike for ONE day???

good to be here.

DragonAss
2008-11-11, 20:49
so we only get to hike for ONE day???

good to be here.

You'll want to take several days to take a float. Great scenery and an easy float.

Welcome to HQ

Frolicking Dino
2008-11-11, 21:59
I've spotted a Hammock Hanger
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/Frequently%20used/DinoDancingSinging.gif

hammockhanger
2008-11-11, 22:11
I've spotted a Hammock Hanger
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/Frequently%20used/DinoDancingSinging.gif

And da Hammock Hanger loves da She DINO!!!!

MalTheElder
2008-11-12, 12:11
Hey, Sue!

We'll throw another log on the campfire for ya!

Hope that knee work goes well. Lookin' forward to seeing you on the trails. I promise to carry all my own gear from now on :angel:---and some of yours.

Best,
Mal/Half Step

Frolicking Dino
2008-11-12, 13:39
::: Dino's healing tail seen packing bags to go to FL and stay for duration of HH's knee surgery and recovery :::

hammockhanger
2008-11-12, 16:33
Sweet!! :)

peter_pan
2008-11-12, 17:27
HH,

Good luck with the surgery... Do the PT afterwards and always ice down after the PT...

Pan

Streamweaver
2008-11-12, 20:57

Hey HH ,LTNS!! How the heell are ya?? Hope the surgery goes well!