PDA

View Full Version : I got giardia

sheepdog
2008-11-20, 10:23
While taking Blaze the wonder dog for a walk about 4 weeks ago he stopped to drink out of his favorite place. It is a small trout stream. When I bent over and asked him was that good, he jumped up and gave me a mouth full of wet dog face. :p About 6 days later I got the stomach flu. After it didn't go away for 3 weeks I went to the doctor. Test revealed giardia. I need a way to steripen my dog. :biggrin:

Frolicking Dino
2008-11-20, 10:36
::: Dino curls a loving and healing tail around SheepDog :::

A word of warning -- don't imbibe while taking Metronidazole (Flagyl) or Tinidazole (Tindamax and Fasigyn) as both act kind of like Antabuse - you will become violent ill if you drink while taking them.

sheepdog
2008-11-20, 14:26
::: Dino curls a loving and healing tail around SheepDog :::

A word of warning -- don't imbibe while taking Metronidazole (Flagyl) or Tinidazole (Tindamax and Fasigyn) as both act kind of like Antabuse - you will become violent ill if you drink while taking them.

Thanks Dino,
Good advice Metronidazole is exactly what I am taking.

dixicritter
2008-11-20, 14:28
Sorry to hear it Sheepdog. I'm sure you've thanked Blaze for sharing so nicely huh? :wink:

sheepdog
2008-11-20, 14:37
Sorry to hear it Sheepdog. I'm sure you've thanked Blaze for sharing so nicely huh? :wink:

Oh yes, what a dog!!

JERMM
2008-11-20, 16:25
Hey SheepDog, sorry to hear about your bout with giardia. I've had it, nasty stuff and you only have to ingest one drop of infected water to get fouled up. But, with a good course of antibiotics and you'll be as good as new, the down side is now that you've had it you're more likely get it again. Or that's what I was told by my doctor anyway.

Hooch
2008-11-20, 16:27
Bet that's the last time you let a filthy dog lick on your face. :aetsch::biggrin:

sheepdog
2008-11-20, 16:43
Bet that's the last time you let a filthy dog lick on your face. :aetsch::biggrin:

I didn't let him. I was violated!!!:argh:

Frolicking Dino
2008-11-20, 17:05
I didn't let him. I was violated!!!:argh:Him... violated. :afraid: You may need therapy. I'm thinking a bottle and a buxom wench should do the trick -- once you finish the Metronidazole of course.

Hooch
2008-11-20, 17:20
I didn't let him. I was violated!!!:argh:Nothing a good swift kick couldn't have prevented. :biggrin:

sheepdog
2008-11-20, 20:32
Him... violated. :afraid: You may need therapy. I'm thinking a bottle and a buxom wench should do the trick -- once you finish the Metronidazole of course.

Now that's what I call therapy!!

DragonAss
2008-11-21, 17:25
SheepDog,

Would you mind sending me a bottle (or case) of that water? I've been trying to find a good Xmas gift for my X. Sounds like one of those gifts that keeps on giving.

Savor Regularity!

TaTonka

sheepdog
2008-11-21, 17:32
SheepDog,

Would you mind sending me a bottle (or case) of that water? I've been trying to find a good Xmas gift for my X. Sounds like one of those gifts that keeps on giving.

Savor Regularity!

TaTonka

One bottle of sparkling spring water coming up. :beer:

Austin
2008-11-23, 16:39
SheepDog,

Savor Regularity!

TaTonka

LMAO. Is she a redhed by chance?

DragonAss
2008-11-24, 14:58
LMAO. Is she a redhed by chance?

Carpet is red, the drapes change bi-weekly. The last time I saw her she was:evil:

Frolicking Dino
2008-11-24, 15:41
Carpet is red, the drapes change bi-weekly. The last time I saw her she was:evil:Maybe we can introduce her to my ex... sounds like they are compatible.