PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Pressurized Stoves

incognito
2008-11-20, 13:52
Has anyone experienced overflowing problems with the Bios 2 stove or the White Box Stove? The two stoves are the same style.

It seems several people are experiencing the overflowing.

GrizzlyHiker shows the Bios 2 overflowing problem in his video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anN0HU-9IKU)

The problem seems to be real, tinny admits having reports coming in and his resovle is to tell customers that their fuel needs to be fresh.

Ray
2008-11-20, 13:58
Producers of hardware always blame problems on users.

Looks like a typical overboil. Poor design.

DragonAss
2008-11-21, 16:24
Hey Zelph

The last stove I owned of Tinny's was the ISO. The SOB was a thermal bomb and melted every wind screen I tried it with. It was totally uncontrollable and would vaporize an oz of ISO alky fuel in about a min. Returned one and the second one was even worse. I gave it to my local Scoutmaster so he could demonstrate to his boys that just because they sell it on the internet doesn't make it real. Since then I've bought as many stoves from Tinny as I will in the future. 0000 Zero Nada

TaTonka

incognito
2008-11-21, 18:33
Hey Zelph

The last stove I owned of Tinny's was the ISO. The SOB was a thermal bomb and melted every wind screen I tried it with. It was totally uncontrollable and would vaporize an oz of ISO alky fuel in about a min. Returned one and the second one was even worse. I gave it to my local Scoutmaster so he could demonstrate to his boys that just because they sell it on the internet doesn't make it real. Since then I've bought as many stoves from Tinny as I will in the future. 0000 Zero Nada

TaTonka

The iso was designed to use isopropyl alcohol. Before he introduced it on his site he asked a question to his viewers: <Have any of you ever seen a stove that burns isopropyl alcohol?>

I rased my hand and said <Yes, I have made one and I'll post some photos of it tomorrow.>

The next day I go to post the photos and find out that I was banned from his site and my comment was deleted.

Well I'll be!!!!! befuddled. Why such a reaction??? It's his way of coping.:biggrin:

So time passes and you and many others come close to his thermal bomb, yikes!!! Maybe somone did get hurt and so he takes it off the market. When he listed it for sale, the information given on it says the stove really really blasts. Something to that effect. The next day those statements are deleted because someone said nobody would buy them if they read that(something on that order) He was aware of the possible danger of the stove, yet he sold them. History repeats itself, now enters the bios2.

I began posting stove related stuff here shortly after being banned from his site. About 3 years ago?