PDA

View Full Version : Jacks-R-Better

FireFighter56
2008-12-01, 14:52
how many here use the JRB Quilt, how are they? how do they hold up?
Pros and cons

there having a sale where u can pay half of the cost up front and the rest a month later i might get one friday but really would love some input from ppl that haved used one .

Frolicking Dino
2008-12-01, 16:47
Everything from Jacks-R-Better is well made and they stand behind their products

Ray
2008-12-01, 18:11
Everything from Jacks-R-Better is well made and they stand behind their productsWhich is kinda upsetting at first until you get used to those guys standing behind your hammock all night.

kayak karl
2008-12-01, 18:22
Which is kinda upsetting at first until you get used to those guys standing behind your hammock all night.
its going to be crowded with my Verizon guys hanging around too:biggrin:

I have their Nest, Mt Washington, 11-10 tarp, stuff sacks, pack cover, etc. never a problem with product or service.

Skidsteer
2008-12-01, 18:37
I have a Katahdin quilt. Beautifully made. Warm to very cold temps.

I recommend their products.

dixicritter
2008-12-01, 19:26
Which is kinda upsetting at first until you get used to those guys standing behind your hammock all night.

its going to be crowded with my Verizon guys hanging around too:biggrin:

LOL... Y'all just ain't right, but thanks for the laugh!!!

On topic... Rock and I both use the JRB No Sniveler... let me rephrase that, after I took his he decided I needed one of my very own so he could have his back. :wink: The JRB guys are awesome!!!! I would recommend their quilts any day for sure.

Hooch
2008-12-01, 20:26
I've used a borrowed JRB underquilt one time on a group hike out at Red River Gorge in Kentucky and liked it pretty well. It kept me warm down to the mid 20's with a sleeping bag on top and a CCF pad between me and the UQ. Good stuff, well made, quality gear. :beer:

dgrav
2008-12-01, 21:35
I have a bunch of their gear and it is top notch. Highly recommend it!

2 Nests
1 Shenandoah
1 Stealth
1 BMB
1 8x8
1 11x10
Hood
Sleeves

Seeker
2008-12-02, 03:02
i've got one of their underquilts... great item, no problems. great customer service.

CaSteve
2008-12-02, 03:09
I have a JRB Nest & a Weathershield. Excellent products.

FireFighter56
2008-12-02, 16:48
thanks everyone ....well JRB it is ...i'm goin to order the Hudson River model....
i figure that and my Z-rest and truck window screen will be a great sleep system ..and if i need extra layers i can take my 40Deg. bag and climb in tha also being it's only 1.4lbs and packs down small ....i'm goin to order it friday morning ...

peter_pan
2008-12-04, 14:01
FF56, et al,

FYI...

Just keep all the good boys and girls posted:

JRB recently posted a Holiday Special on all three of the wearable Sniveller style quilts.

$60, $70 and even $75 off....

It only runs 3-8 December...In fact, it will cut off at noon or so on the 8th....

This is almost twice as huge as the tradition Trail Days sale.

FF56, this makes the most popular No Sniveller less cost than a Hudson river... Bonus time.

Pan
The Elf

Cuffs
2008-12-04, 14:15
I bought a Nest second-hand and its been great! Ive tried to get JRB to help out with a conference and they did everything they could to help out, sent us some coupons to give away even! They were very prompt with returning calls and stayed in constant contact! Thanks JRB!

FireFighter56
2008-12-04, 21:19
Thanks PeterPan...but the payment options on the HR sold me so i went ahead and ordered one...just placed the order 4 min ago lol

i can't wait to get it and try it out ...plan on doin a winter hike this year so i should get to test it out soon

FireFighter56
2008-12-11, 17:37
Well the quilt got here today....first off...i didn't think there was anything in the box...there is no weight to it at all ...it's like it's not there....the construction is like everyone said top notch....and lofts with hardly no work needed...over all very happy i got one...the only thing is i wish it was a foot longer...but over all very good product.

i think come the spring i will get another one i think i'll get the larger model...so i will have a full set....oh yeah and the weather shield ...
i think it's safe to say i'm sold on JRB products :adore:

the true test will come next month when i go on a winter hike...will use the quilt on top of a 40 deg bag i have and a blue wally world pad and a Z rest under me....should keep me warm around 20-30 degs
i will keep everyone posted ...and i will do a review on yutube of my quilt..