PDA

View Full Version : Mary Sue Riddle

DragonAss
2009-01-21, 23:43
The Only Wanderer's Mom, Mary Sue Riddle, finished her Thru hike of life today. Please keep Larry and his dad, Arthur, in you thoughts and prayers.

TaTonka

D'Artagnan
2009-01-22, 00:21
My thoughts are with you, TOW. I am sorry for your loss.

dixicritter
2009-01-22, 00:24
TOW, you and your family will be in my prayers.

cool breeze
2009-01-22, 00:27
TOW, you and your family will be in my prayers.

We're all thinking about you Larry. Hang tuff.

peanuts
2009-01-22, 00:29
tow, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
my condolences.

TOW
2009-01-22, 09:57
Last night at church I had told my pastor I was at peace with her passing. Last year when I went home and back in 2005 I did my best to make amends with my family, had I have not did that I am sure this would be bothering me much more.

Right now I am working on getting a vehicle to drive out there for the funeral. Jeff Patrick from MRO is going to get one of his vehicles registered for me hopefully today so that I can use that.

Thank you DraggonAss for posting this, I did not expect it but I welcome it. As soon as her obit gets posted I will post it here.

TOW
2009-01-22, 14:21
I am leaving now......Jeff patrick lent me the use of his old Toyota with oil leaks and gas fumes.......pray that I make it, I am sure I will. When I get home I will report in.

And thank you to Lugnut for helping me out.......too

TOW
2009-01-23, 15:57
I want to personally thank Lone Wolf, Lugnut, bhronek, Big Mac, DragonAss, Judy Lawrence, Jeff Patrick, and Dennis Ely for making it possible for me to be able to go home even though I haven't got there yet.

TOW
2009-01-23, 16:57
Mary Sue Riddle
(May 3, 1934 - January 21, 2009)

Mary Sue Riddle, 74, of Chetopa, died at 4:45 p.m., Wednesday, January 21, 2009, at the Chetopa Manor Nursing Home.
She was born May 3, 1934, in Neosho, Missouri, to Charles and Mae E. (Patterson) Perky. As a young girl, she grew up and attended schools in the Neosho area. Prior to marriage, she worked at the Connors Hotel in Joplin as an elevator operator.

She and Arthur Riddle were married June 2, 1959 in Miami, Oklahoma. Following their marriage, they lived in numerous cities in the United States and overseas while Arthur was serving in the U.S. Army. Upon retiring in 1977, they moved to Chetopa where they have lived since.

She was a member of the First Baptist Church in Chetopa. Her hobbies included singing, sewing, embroidery, writing, drawing, cooking and baking. She especially enjoyed spending time with her children and grandchildren. Her family was the love of her life.

SURVIVORS: Husband – Arthur Riddle of the home One Son – Larry Riddle, Damascus, VA. Three Daughters – Carol Gross, Canada, Judy Almond, Parsons, KS Brenda Herndon and her husband, Paul Chetopa, KS. Eight Grandchildren – Rhonda Troglia, Eric Monje, Amy Monje, Chelsea Almond, Jennifer Monje, Chris Herndon, Jacob Almond & Kaylea Herndon Two Step-Great-Grandchildren – Katherine Troglia & Aaron Troglia

She was preceded in death by three sisters, Cora Mae Manning, Martha Perky, and Coella Stansell.

Funeral services will be held at 2:00 p.m., Monday, January 26, 2009, at the First Baptist Church in Chetopa. Burial will be in Oak Hill Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 3:00 – 4:00 p.m., Sunday, at the Bath-Forbes-Hoffman Funeral Home in Chetopa.

Memorials are suggested to the Chetopa First Baptist Church or Chetopa Manor. These may be left at or mailed to Bath-Forbes-Hoffman Funeral Home, P.O. Box 346, Chetopa, KS 67336.

TOW
2009-01-23, 17:06
Just want to let everyone know that I have enough money to get home now and I thank you to all who have contributed to my cause. I would not have been able to go without your aid.

TOW
2009-01-30, 14:50
i am home now, thanx for all the help guys..........

Lugnut
2009-01-30, 14:59
i am home now, thanx for all the help guys..........

Welcome back! :beer:

TOW
2009-01-30, 17:49
Welcome back! :beer:

hey didn't you say that already somewhere else?

Lugnut
2009-01-30, 17:56
hey didn't you say that already somewhere else?

Yeah, but this time I really mean it.:angel:

TOW
2009-01-31, 21:29
Yeah, but this time I really mean it.:angel:

as long as it is coming from you i believe it!