PDA

View Full Version : Power source ... Remember a while back...

rbd
2009-02-15, 10:37
Once upon a time, a long time ago, there was a survey here regarding needs and wishes for a new product that could recharge cell phones, GPS, etc. Anyone remember that? Anyhow, I just came across this new product, to be released this summer that charges while you walk at www.greennpower.com
A blurp from the website states: "Aaron LeMieux, the inventor of nPower™ technology and founder of Tremont Electric, conceptualized the idea for the nPower™ PEG while backpacking on the Appalachian Trail."
So, I thought someone here might be interested. On the other hand and it's not really the same, but you can buy a bunch of batteries for $150. Anyhow, I wonder if this product is being made by that same fellow who had the survey here. BTY, I haven't been here for a while, maybe this has allready been covered.
Note that I have no idea if this product actually works or not. My primary interest is to find out if the Power Source product that was discussed here a year or so ago ever resulted in a real product.

SGT Rock
2009-02-16, 19:26
Interesting. I can't wait to see if it works with my Motorola Q. I notice they said "most Motorola phones" the Q is a strange animal when it comes to charging.