PDA

View Full Version : My new site

chief
2003-02-11, 21:50
I've just posted the beginnings of my new web site. there's very little on it yet, but it's a start. i intend to add backpacking and local stuff. it even has a forum! however the forum is intended as a place to post my hiking journals (assuming i actually hike this year). there are forums for visitors to post comments and questions although at this time it's set up where you have to register if you want to post something.

give it a try and let me know what you think. btw, this is my first attempt at authoring a web site using ASP (Active Server Pages). it does have some bugs, so don't be surprised if it doesn't work so well.

thanks.

almost forgot to post the url: http://www.bayloafer.com

SGT Rock
2003-02-11, 22:37
It looks god, and it looks like I was the first member (besides you). I tried to look at user profiles, but nothjing happens on the link, or at least that is what I think that is when I look at th member's list and the name apears as a link.

chief
2003-02-12, 00:14
Originally posted by SGT Rock
It looks god, and it looks like I was the first member (besides you). I tried to look at user profiles, but nothjing happens on the link, or at least that is what I think that is when I look at th member's list and the name apears as a link.
hey, thanks for taking a look. yep, you're supposed to see the profile when you click on the name. works for me, but i've had problems with that part of the software and obviously it's still buggy if it didn't work for you. i think i'm gonna switch to a more robust forum software and leave it alone. probably a full fedged forum software is overkill for my purposes. all i really need is an easy way to post my journals and a guestbook. still a work in progress! thanks again. - chief

Uncle Wayne
2003-02-12, 02:58
Hey Chief,

Got the start of a good website. Good luck with the construction and hike. I'm looking forward to reading your journal.

Peaks
2003-02-12, 09:33
Originally posted by SGT Rock
It looks god,

SGT Rock
2003-02-12, 10:01
Doh!

chief
2003-02-12, 10:43
thanks for giving it a look see.