PDA

View Full Version : cold weather plans

jumpngeorge
2003-02-12, 12:06
I recently purchased a Hennessy Hammock and am looking forward to using it in Virginia in late March. I plan to take a 3/4 length self inflating pad and a space blanket on my hike. I will take a bag liner too. I will take some velcro strips with tape on the back. I plan to try to use these materials to solve the corpressed insulation problem on the trail. I found the post in the confernece to be very helpful and have several ideas that seem promising. Has anyone tried putting velcro on their foam pad and the hammock and using that to hold the pad in place?

SGT Rock
2003-02-12, 12:26
I tried velcro to my pad and sunscreen to hold them together, the adhesive didn't hold. I added some spray on adhesive which helped but in very hot weather and very cold weather it failed. See the wing pad article for the recent solution which worked well on my last outing. As to holdint the pad inposition inside the hammock, couldn't find a way to do that.

jumpngeorge
2003-02-12, 14:19
Has anyone tried a hot glue gun to attach the velcor to the pad?

I liked your idea of using the guy cords on the hammock to attach the panel. I have a fleece blanket too. I'm a little nervous about not really having a chance to check things out before my trip. the prospect of taking a lot of extra weight because I don't know what will work doesn't sound very fun either. Freezing isn't high on my list of things to do either.