PDA

View Full Version : West coast hiker needs east coast recommendations....

Joker
2009-07-10, 16:09
Well, my company has asked for volunteers to go to DC for a 60 day TDY. (Those in the military or former military know how the "volunteer" process works.) Worse, they need me to be there NLT 20 Jul.

So it looks like I'm headed to the NCR for the next couple months. This really seriously disrupted my plans for conditioning for my JMT hike next summer.

So I am planning to bring my pack and all my gear with me. (Hey, the company has to pay for the excess baggage, so why the hell not?)

Am looking for some suggestions for some 1- or 2- night hikes. Thinking Shenandoah NP and subsections of the AT. Would like something in the 30 mile roundtrip range, but up to 40 miles isn't out ofthe question. Either out-and-back or circuit routes are ok too.

Bulldawg
2009-07-10, 22:47
Well, my company has asked for volunteers to go to DC for a 60 day TDY. (Those in the military or former military know how the "volunteer" process works.) Worse, they need me to be there NLT 20 Jul.

So it looks like I'm headed to the NCR for the next couple months. This really seriously disrupted my plans for conditioning for my JMT hike next summer.

So I am planning to bring my pack and all my gear with me. (Hey, the company has to pay for the excess baggage, so why the hell not?)

Am looking for some suggestions for some 1- or 2- night hikes. Thinking Shenandoah NP and subsections of the AT. Would like something in the 30 mile roundtrip range, but up to 40 miles isn't out ofthe question. Either out-and-back or circuit routes are ok too.

Harpers Ferry to Pen-Mar