PDA

View Full Version : The new new way to camp

ran90
2009-10-10, 14:01
First there was camping, then ultra light camping...now theres HAMMOCK CAMPING!

Last night was my first time "camping" in a hammock. Really my friends and i were bum'in it down by the local river :biggrin:
Anyway what a night! Waking up to adjust the sleeping pad every couple of hours. To fall back asleep i thought about ways to keep the pad from sliding around. My shoulders, elbows and hips got cold, so I am going to make a pad extender with wings to take care that. The great thing is to wake up with no back, hip or head ache! I am thinking about getting an UQ but cant decide on what one.

Oh i use a speer hammock with cat tarp-just shy of 2 pounds!

The best way to camp is in comfort, now if i can apply that to my ultra light ground set up...air mattress?

dixicritter
2009-10-13, 11:25
First there was camping, then ultra light camping...now theres HAMMOCK CAMPING!

Last night was my first time "camping" in a hammock. Really my friends and i were bum'in it down by the local river :biggrin:
Anyway what a night! Waking up to adjust the sleeping pad every couple of hours. To fall back asleep i thought about ways to keep the pad from sliding around. My shoulders, elbows and hips got cold, so I am going to make a pad extender with wings to take care that. The great thing is to wake up with no back, hip or head ache! I am thinking about getting an UQ but cant decide on what one.

Oh i use a speer hammock with cat tarp-just shy of 2 pounds!

The best way to camp is in comfort, now if i can apply that to my ultra light ground set up...air mattress?

Go check out this website... http://jacksrbetter.com/ They have some really good options for under quilts. We have two of the No Snivelers, a Hudson River and a Shenandoah. We are getting quite the collection...LOL

Welcome to the hanging crowd, you'll never be happy on the ground again. :wink: