PDA

View Full Version : Rockfish Gap --> Harpers Ferry

Whitestag
2003-01-08, 16:45
I'm planning my 3rd annual section hike for late May -- probably starting on the 18th. I'm trying to find out what the weather is like in Shenandoah NP, especially the low temperatures at night, so I can determine what kind of clothes and sleeping bag to bring. The weather info that I've found give's me the averages for the entire month of May, and what I want is for the last two weeks of the month. Anyone have any ideas as to where I can find this info?

Peaks
2003-01-08, 17:24
If you go to the NOAA website, you can order annual climatic summaries for a location at about $2.00 each. That will give you more weather data and details.

Kerosene
2003-01-08, 18:44
Click here (http://www.weather.com/weather/climatology/daily/USVA0815?climoMonth=5) for a table of the average and record high/low temperatures, the mean and the sunrise/sunset for each day in May for Waynesboro, Virginia. You can look for Front Royal and Harpers Ferry at box #1, press Go, then clicking on Records and Averages in the middle of the next page, and finally click on May.

Don't forget that these are temperatures for the valleys where these cities are located. Ridgetop temps are likely to be 10 degrees cooler.