PDA

View Full Version : Hennessy Deep Jungle

oneshot
2009-12-20, 13:42
Has anyone used the new deep jungle hammock from Hennessy yet. it looks like an interesting hammock......it seems to solve one of my nit picking concerns, but I was wondering if anyone has used it in cols temps.

dixicritter
2009-12-20, 15:06
Has anyone used the new deep jungle hammock from Hennessy yet. it looks like an interesting hammock......it seems to solve one of my nit picking concerns, but I was wondering if anyone has used it in cols temps.

Side zipper huh? That sounds interesting.

SGT Rock
2009-12-20, 15:55
It looks nice. I'd like to see how the weights break down for carrying.

oneshot
2009-12-20, 16:02
Hey Dixie....I can always count on you to read my posts even though I rarely post on this forum......thats not to say I rarely read it though. Yeah I talked to Tom today and he said some of the other models were going to come out with the same options in the future(I think I heard him right anyway)
This is a little off topic but hey I started the thread :biggrin: I just read the pocket pad article on the forum and was unable to find it again. I was wondering if you or your other half thought of sandwiching a sheet of mylar between the two halves of the pocket. If it works it might make the mylar less fragile....just a thought.

Boyd

dixicritter
2009-12-20, 16:09
Hey Dixie....I can always count on you to read my posts even though I rarely post on this forum......thats not to say I rarely read it though. Yeah I talked to Tom today and he said some of the other models were going to come out with the same options in the future(I think I heard him right anyway)
This is a little off topic but hey I started the thread :biggrin: I just read the pocket pad article on the forum and was unable to find it again. I was wondering if you or your other half thought of sandwiching a sheet of mylar between the two halves of the pocket. If it works it might make the mylar less fragile....just a thought.

Boyd

Hi Boyd... Glad to be of service. LOL.

As for sandwiching a sheeet of mylar between the two halves that's not something that I have thought about. Might be something to try. I think it would definitely make it less fragile since it would be between two layers of padding.

I sort of like the idea of a side entry much better than the bottom entry on the hammock personally. It would make getting in and out of the hammock easier, especially for folks like me with physical limitations. (I have Rheumatoid Arthritis.) That's one of the reasons I like my homemade hammock better than my Hennesy at the moment.

Bulldawg
2009-12-20, 16:10
Looks cool, but looks sorta like a Warbonnet copy IMO. As stringent as Tom has been about others copying him, it is sort of surprising to see him potentially copycatting the Warbonnet. And FWIW, I have tried a Warbonnet, and the thing is AWESOME.

dixicritter
2009-12-20, 16:10
BTW here's the link to the pocket pad article... http://hikinghq.net/gear/pocket_pad.html

SGT Rock
2009-12-20, 16:14
Yep, there is the pad thing, I decided to add that to the HTML pages.

One could add a layer of mylar. After using mylar for a while I quit using it finding it didn't really help much at all. If I were to try it with the pocket pad I would probably use a car windshield cover that is mylar glued to foam. I have one of those I used for years with my hammock that shows no sign of tearing up and it did add insulation better than straight mylar.

oneshot
2009-12-20, 17:45
Yeah thats why I was thinking about laminating it between the two layers. I am trying to figure out a way to keep warm without spending a fortune on an underquilt. It looks like you could use the pad with the undercover or slip it in the Deep Jungle's pocket.