PDA

View Full Version : ECT - Eastern Continental Trail Log

FloridaWalker
2003-01-08, 16:53
Here's the site for this guys trail log. Pretty good info - he did the Canada to Florida:

This section contains the journal and related information of my Eastern Continental Trail hike, from Cap Gaspe, Quebec, Canada to Key West, Florida. It lasted about 10 months - from 1st June 2000 to April 8th, 2001 covering 4710 miles. A thru-hike has a soul searching and cleansing quality to it. One becomes more sensitive and creative. Little wonder that it has been a major source of influence and inspiration for my paintings (Links below).
The ECT is a new trail made up of stringing several trails together. They include - International Appalachian Trail, Appalachian Trail, Pinhoti Trails, Florida National Scenic Trail and necessary road walks. Further information on the trail, my gear, logistics etc. can be found here:

http://www.svrart.com/ect/

I'm hoping to get some of the Florida Scenic Trail done during the next year. It's a pain in the butt and not nearly as scenic and famous as the AT, PCT, etc., but hey, it's all I got here in the flatlands.

David