PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody lose a tent?

Kanga
2010-07-12, 08:22
I found one near roan this weekend.

Nearly Normal
2010-07-12, 10:39
How was 6000'?

Ray
2010-07-12, 10:45
I've lost a couple pocket knives, some bandanas, a compass, one nice rain jacket, a bunch of gloves one at a time, some lighters and maybe a trowel or two. And tent stakes. But not a tent. How do you lose a tent?

taildragger
2010-07-12, 11:18
I've lost a couple pocket knives, some bandanas, a compass, one nice rain jacket, a bunch of gloves one at a time, some lighters and maybe a trowel or two. And tent stakes. But not a tent. How do you lose a tent?

Leave all your stuff outside of it, don't stake it in, wait for a windy night and then leave it to go poop, the tent will magically appear in a new campground

Kanga
2010-07-12, 12:02
How was 6000'?

6000' was FABULOUS!!! great weather, great sunset and sunrise, stellar company.

Kanga
2010-07-12, 12:05

Leave all your stuff outside of it, don't stake it in, wait for a windy night and then leave it to go poop, the tent will magically appear in a new campground

nah, it was packed up, wet as hell so had been used friday night. my first thought was "how in the hell do not notice that much weight off of your pack, but it was a rarely used blue blaze - you had to squeeze and push through the brush - so i figured it got caught on a bush and when they pulled away and the tent came loose, they just figured it was the branch letting go. damn nice tent. i know somebody's missing it.

saimyoji
2010-07-12, 12:20
its mine. PM me your address and naked pics so i can have you send it to me. :angel:

Big Mac
2010-07-12, 15:12
nah, it was packed up, wet as hell so had been used friday night. my first thought was "how in the hell do not notice that much weight off of your pack, but it was a rarely used blue blaze - you had to squeeze and push through the brush - so i figured it got caught on a bush and when they pulled away and the tent came loose, they just figured it was the branch letting go. damn nice tent. i know somebody's missing it.

Figures - damn blue blazers . . . :biggrin:

Nearly Normal
2010-07-12, 15:52
6000' was FABULOUS!!! great weather, great sunset and sunrise, stellar company.

Good for you!
Is the rodo still blooming?
:beer:

Superman
2010-07-12, 17:51

It's mine. Yeah, that's exactly what happened. Since I happen to have other tents you can just send me the money for it. About $300 should do it.:angel:

Skidsteer
2010-07-12, 19:09
Good for you!

No, unfortunately.

The sunrise, however, was perhaps the best I've ever seen. Got this shot through my tent door.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd238/acsskidsteer/th_IMG_0041.jpg (http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd238/acsskidsteer/?action=view&current=IMG_0041.jpg)

Kanga
2010-07-12, 19:29
Good for you!

No. Rhodies all gone. :(
it was still breathtaking though.

Tin Man
2010-07-12, 21:58
prolly some pack-sniffers, trying to catch up to kanga's pack... for a sniff :beer:

Austin
2010-07-13, 00:05
I lost a comb. Have you found a comb?

enviro
2010-07-13, 00:28
It was my tent. So that you know it was mine I can describe it. It was in a nylon sack and had a rainfly. Bathtub type floor, with some netting in the body of the tent.

I would really like to have it back. Truth be told I think you stole it off my pack.

Shame on you.

Hog On Ice
2010-07-13, 08:13
a wet heavy tent on the last day of the hike - no wonder the kid tossed it - obviously planning on upgrading to a hammock

FireFighter56
2010-08-01, 23:06
he said....tent