PDA

View Full Version : re: update 1 April 2003

chief
2003-04-01, 23:07
dixiecritter, glad you heard from rock during his layover in Spain. it reminds me of the many times i flew to and from diego garcia. seems the planes (C141 or C5A) always had some problem or other (at least that's what they told us). we generally stopped in newfoundland, spain and kenya.

the worst things about those military transports are the noise (gotta have earplugs), they can be freezing or hot depending where on the plane you're situated and the seats are killers on long flights. not to mention you're stacked in like sardines and only one porta-potty.

or is sarge on a airline type plane? we did that occasionally. pure luxury!!

dixicritter
2003-04-01, 23:21
Chief, if I'm remembering correctly he told me they were going on C5's with their equipment. He wasn't looking forward to that part at all, but he did sound good on the phone today. Also I'm guessing he's thankful for his hearing loss on this flight by the sounds of what you said...lol.

I'm thinking maybe the Air Force pilots just like stopping in Spain, maybe?? lol..... I'm kidding of course.

dixi

chief
2003-04-02, 10:58
Originally posted by dixicritter
I'm thinking maybe the Air Force pilots just like stopping in Spain, maybe?? lol..... I'm kidding of course.
i think you're right! once we had an overnight layover in spain. i found myself a sea-side hotel to spend the night. guess what? the flight crew were already there, partying on the beach. guess they needed their rest, huh?

dixicritter
2003-04-03, 15:53
Yep that's kinda what I figured. lol.

I am assuming he's made it to country by now. I haven't heard anything from him since Tuesday morning. I've also been watching the news here and there to see if there's a mention of his unit yet, so far nothing.

And the waiting begins.....lol.