PDA

View Full Version : Ok I feel like a dunce and I need your help...

Wise Old Owl
2011-02-09, 23:32
I started this thread with the best intentions

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=69245

I got tossed under the bus and it backed up and rolled over me again...

Sassy bitch was full of crap, the money for the bail came from a sheik, some other idiot confused Iran with Egypt.... I didn't want to get into the politics... I was hoping to get folk to write letters and it completely backfired...

I have read all the details of the hikers mistakes... so much for compass and maps, they blew it. I thought it would be a good thing to rally a force and get a letter campaign going... Oh well

I am stunned when Americans make a mistake and other hikers post good riddence....
So was I naive, or did I word it badly?

Joe Cross
2011-02-10, 01:35
WB seems to get nastier as the hiking season begins. I think a lot if built up Springer fever or something. The forum is a place folks take their frustration out on.

As for the Iran hiker deal...I'm still on the fence on this. Something doesn't seem right as to what they were doing over there to me. I do support their release though. If the only evidence against them is they were simply there, then fuss at them and let them come home. No reason for all of this political junk. My opinion.

With out knowing more detail it would be wrong of me to have a more negative aspect, or a more positive one for that matter. There's just no way I will ever know the whole story. Too much spin has been put on this.

Amigi
2011-02-10, 02:27
That place is a waste of time.

MonkeyBoy
2011-02-10, 09:23
I like eggs.

warraghiyagey
2011-02-10, 09:30
Agreed. . .

Superman
2011-02-10, 10:03
Which way to the zoo?:angel:

saimyoji
2011-02-10, 10:05
Which way to the zoo?:angel:

directions are in the colonoscopy thread

Superman
2011-02-10, 10:38
directions are in the colonoscopy thread

You're actually funnier than a lot of the other orientals I've known.:bike:

Lone Wolf
2011-02-10, 10:41
I started this thread with the best intentions

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=69245

I got tossed under the bus and it backed up and rolled over me again...

Sassy bitch was full of crap, the money for the bail came from a sheik, some other idiot confused Iran with Egypt.... I didn't want to get into the politics... I was hoping to get folk to write letters and it completely backfired...

I have read all the details of the hikers mistakes... so much for compass and maps, they blew it. I thought it would be a good thing to rally a force and get a letter campaign going... Oh well

I am stunned when Americans make a mistake and other hikers post good riddence....
online petitions are absolutely useless

Wise Old Owl
2011-02-10, 10:49
I see that now.

Gray Blazer
2011-02-10, 12:30

A lot of Americans are not loyal to their country or other Americans. It's not cool. Maybe you shoulda asked Michelle Obama as she is finally proud of her country.

dixicritter
2011-02-10, 12:56
Unfortunately whenever something is remotely political it tends to bring out the worst in folks. We've seen it as admin time and time again, although usually not on this site. Maybe it has something to do with all the present/former/retired military folks that are here... I dunno.

Lone Wolf
2011-02-10, 13:04
A lot of Americans are not loyal to their country or other Americans. It's not cool. Maybe you shoulda asked Michelle Obama as she is finally proud of her country.

i love my country but not some hippy-ass berkely grads with too much money that decided to go walkin' in one of the most dangerous parts of the world. signing some feel-good petition ain't gonna accomplish shit

saimyoji
2011-02-10, 14:04
You're actually funnier than a lot of the other orientals I've known.:bike:

its because i'm a black midget. my nickname is tripod, but most people just call me trip....because i trip alot....over my third leg.....

Gray Blazer
2011-02-10, 15:16
some hippy-ass berkely grads with too much money that decided to go walkin' in one of the most dangerous parts of the world.

Those are prolly the ones I'm talkin' about.

Wise Old Owl
2011-02-20, 11:45
Well LW it wasn't to sign a petition, but to start a letter writing campaign. And I don't understand what going to Berkley has anything to do with it. I see this as young men and a woman that made a mistake. Dixi you are right, remotely political does bring out the worst.

Lots of WB is more worried about getting stung, poison ivy, or being mauled. - Which strikes me as a self serving (What about me....) group.