PDA

View Full Version : AT Pictures

chief
2003-05-10, 13:26
if anyone's interested, i put some pictures from my 2000 AT hike on my web page at: http://www.bayloafer.com

i just got the site online after a few false starts. it's very incomplete now, except for a forum and photo gallery. check it out!

dixicritter
2003-05-10, 14:17
Hey chief,
I went to take a look, but didn't see any pics :(

Does one have to login or register? Just was curious, thought that if I saw something Rock might enjoy seeing, with your permission of course, I'd print it out for him and send in the next package.

The site looks nice anyway. I like simple myself. ;)

chief
2003-05-10, 19:17
hey, did you click on "AT Photo Gallery" on the left side menu? please don't tell me it doesn't work!

chief
2003-05-10, 19:21
hey again, i think i see why you didn't see photos. when you click "photo gallery" it takes you to a page that just lists categories. there is only one, just click on the biggest words on the page. gues i better put a button or something up there.

dixicritter
2003-05-11, 01:47
ahhhh Ok that's probably what I did wrong then. Thanks.

Guy Holcomb
2003-05-11, 11:24
Great pictures, Chief. I hope you have more.

chief
2003-05-11, 12:42
thanks, my hiking partner, bones, on that trip has more, i intend to put those up also.

kwiki
2003-05-12, 22:45
Chief,

Great photos. I like your bio as well.

chief
2003-05-13, 00:40
Originally posted by kwiki
I like your bio as well.
Thanks, glad you do!

BigSac
2003-05-15, 10:49
Hi Chief. I haven't fallen off any boats lately. I like your site, photos and bio. You are definately one of the cool people--Even thought I'm in PCT territory I'm still interested in your AT through hike. Good luck!

chief
2003-05-15, 20:48
Originally posted by BigSac
Hi Chief. I haven't fallen off any boats lately. I like your site, photos and bio. You are definately one of the cool people--Even thought I'm in PCT territory I'm still interested in your AT through hike. Good luck!
thanks, glad you liked it! dare i ask the origin of "BigSac"? you carry a big pack or are we talking trouble with long enough shorts?

Sgathak
2003-05-15, 23:08
Could always wear a Kilt :)

BigSac
2003-05-16, 11:12
It has very little to do with my anatomy believed me, just ask my wife. I'm 6' and 200 lbs, and just normal "down there"; not that I've done a survey or anything. You see I have been using an REI Wonderland pack that I've had for years and it is a large old style pack similar to an old Kelty pack. One day on the trail someone passed me and said, "You have a big sack." The name kind of stuck--and also I am from Sacramento so it could be short for that too.

I really need to replace that old "sack" with something else and I'm very interested in the Gearskin the Sarge has been talking about. I have a Hennessy Hammock that I use now and he seemed to be pretty accurate in his assessment of that piece of equipment; so why not the pack? I thought the Sarge was crazy at first, but now I'm starting to come around to his way of thinking as far as hiking equipment. Come back Sarge--we need you!

I'm not sure about the kilt idea. I'm 3/4 Irish, but even my Grandfather from Ireland did't wear a kilt, that"s more of a Scottish thing. However, I do practice an old Irish custom going back thousands of years--drinking beer.

Sgathak
2003-05-16, 14:46
There are Irish tartans... most of the counties have their own.

Ive been looking into getting a Utilikilt (http://www.utilikilt.com) for hiking... not just for the dashing looks though :D theres quite a bit of practical reasons too.

chief
2003-05-16, 15:10
bigsac, relieved to hear it has something to do with yer pack. i hate feeling inadequate! - chief