PDA

View Full Version : We're Not Worthy, Weary

Gray Blazer
2011-04-17, 18:33
:adore::adore: This is a thread dedicated to Weary. :adore::adore:

Anybody who has sumthin to say about him can do it here.

john pickett
2011-04-18, 14:14
Whats to say?

Lone Wolf
2011-04-18, 14:19
he's alright in my book. why some of you fucksticks get your panties in a wad cuz of him is beyond me

Tin Man
2011-04-18, 14:25
he's alright in my book. why some of you fucksticks get your panties in a wad cuz of him is beyond me

xactly. just cuz someone's opinion differs from yours don't make him a bad person.

weary, continue on. some of us appreciate you coming over hear to discuss important schitt.

MonkeyBoy
2011-04-18, 14:43

I'm not wearing panties.........today.

Gray Blazer
2011-04-18, 15:10
I've tried to be nice to him. Didn't realize he was a 'bo.

Sorry, see'ya.

enviro
2011-04-18, 15:49
Doesn't hardly seem right to air grievences here GB. Seems like it's talking behind his back.

If I have something to disagree with him about, I'll do it there, not here.

Tin Man
2011-04-18, 15:54
I've tried to be nice to him. Didn't realize he was a 'bo.

Sorry, see'ya.

um, not

Kanga
2011-04-18, 16:10
Doesn't hardly seem right to air grievences here GB. Seems like it's talking behind his back.

um, enviro? we're gray? weary CAN read this. how is it talking behind his back?

sheepdog
2011-04-18, 16:22

you've revealed every thing to me

now let's end this, me drinking from my glass and you from yours.

Trollasaur
2011-04-18, 16:27
I really don't feel the need to dog an old geriatric dude. Like a lot of old fellas, it seems like these boards are a big part of his life. Why ruin one of the only things he has going for him any more?

Kanga
2011-04-18, 16:29
you've revealed every thing to me

now let's end this, me drinking from my glass and you from yours.

never go up against a hobo when drinking is on the line.

Kanga
2011-04-18, 16:38
I really don't feel the need to dog an old geriatric dude. Like a lot of old fellas, it seems like these boards are a big part of his life. Why ruin one of the only things he has going for him any more?

and never start a land war in asia.

Weary
2011-04-18, 16:59
....Why ruin one of the only things he has going for him any more?
Somewhat to my surprise, I've found that so far life hasn't ended. It just has slowed down a bit. Much of my time at the moment is spent planning for work on our 31 miles of town land trust trails. IN a couple of weeks 30 high school kids will show up in three hour shifts to do volunteer work. They either leave from class, or return to class at the end of their three hours of work.

My job is to walk all the trails near enough to bus parking to find things to keep them busy. Productive work isn't necessarily a goal. But the kids should feel they have done something useful. while hopefully learning to appreciate something about the outdoors and trails, that doesn't involve "four wheelers."

enviro
2011-04-18, 17:11

It feels more like that. Like I said if I have a disagreement with him I'll address it there. Not sit in a thread and just pick on him, for the sake of picking on him.

Tin Man
2011-04-18, 17:11
Somewhat to my surprise, I've found that so far life hasn't ended. It just has slowed down a bit. Much of my time at the moment is spent planning for work on our 31 miles of town land trust trails. IN a couple of weeks 30 high school kids will show up in three hour shifts to do volunteer work. They either leave from class, or return to class at the end of their three hours of work.

My job is to walk all the trails near enough to bus parking to find things to keep them busy. Productive work isn't necessarily a goal. But the kids should feel they have done something useful. while hopefully learning to appreciate something about the outdoors and trails, that doesn't involve "four wheelers."

that's awesome. don't go too easy on the kids. most of our scouts have worked pretty hard on building or clearing local trails. the lazy ones will simply give up early.

Trollasaur
2011-04-18, 17:42

Well that's good, pops. We all should hope to live a long an productive life.

Kanga
2011-04-18, 18:21
It feels more like that. Like I said if I have a disagreement with him I'll address it there. Not sit in a thread and just pick on him, for the sake of picking on him.

oh, ok. i get it now. i was confuserated for second.:bike:

dixicritter
2011-04-18, 19:21

That's awesome Weary. We got our boys into doing trail maintenance several years ago. I think Creek Hopper (our youngest) was about 7 or 8 when he did his first maintenance trip. Now you should hear him when he finds trash on the trail, it makes him mad.

Nearly Normal
2011-04-18, 20:24
I'll I wanted was him to pass the jug and chill out a bit.
Fuck him if he can't take a joke.

Dancer
2011-04-18, 20:37
Who's Weary?

sheepdog
2011-04-18, 20:40
Who's Weary?

I'm just a little tired :boring:

Nearly Normal
2011-04-18, 20:53

sheepdog
2011-04-18, 20:56

zacktly

Weary
2011-04-18, 20:57
That's awesome Weary. We got our boys into doing trail maintenance several years ago. I think Creek Hopper (our youngest) was about 7 or 8 when he did his first maintenance trip. Now you should hear him when he finds trash on the trail, it makes him mad.
This is the third year our land trust has worked with this group of kids. They are part of a program designed to help kids in danger of quitting school. So far it has been a rewarding experience. I sense we have helped both the trail and some nice kids. I'll never forget the times when we managed to get their names and pictures in one of the newspapers. These were kids who never in their lifetimes expected such a thing.

But over the years they have clipped all the brush that there is to clip in a three hour round trip from their high school, for a while anyway. So the struggle now is to find other things they can do, in their school clothes, no less. Grubbing in the dirt projects are easy to find. But not for their 3 hour trail work window.

Come summer, it will be easier. We usually host some inner city kids from New York, who are here ready to work eight hour days in their work clothes. We love to take them on 6 mile round trips to sites for their work projects, carrying bog bridge timbers. Even my two grandsons are pleased to meet compatriots girls from New York their ages.

Anyway, that's what I do these days.

Ray
2011-04-18, 21:28
I only wish my obituary might be one quarter the length of Weary's. His lifetime accomplishments deserve the highest respect. I can't understand why would anyone think otherwise.

rcli4
2011-04-18, 21:57
Weary is a leftwingnut, opinionated old man. But he has earned the right to be. His opinions have been gathered and massaged over many years and they are his. Not some BS some talking head is spewing. I don't think we have ever agreed on anything political but you got to respect someone that has learned their opinions and not just reiterates someone elses. If folks could accomplish half as much as he has, they could call themselves a success. Trollasaur you couldn't tote his tools, let alone do what he has done....

Clyde

Trollasaur
2011-04-18, 22:02
Weary is a leftwingnut, opinionated old man. But he has earned the right to be. His opinions have been gathered and massaged over many years and they are his. Not some BS some talking head is spewing. I don't think we have ever agreed on anything political but you got to respect someone that has learned their opinions and not just reiterates someone elses. If folks could accomplish half as much as he has, they could call themselves a success. Trollasaur you couldn't tote his tools, let alone do what he has done....

Clyde

Uh, Clyde, I was giving the old man his props.

Speaking of toting his tool...I bet you do that with your mouth, ya jerk.

rcli4
2011-04-18, 22:24
Uh, Clyde, I was giving the old man his props.

Speaking of toting his tool...I bet you do that with your mouth, ya jerk.

Your mama wears combat boots....

Trollasaur
2011-04-18, 22:36

Yo mama got a peg leg with a kickstand! :bootyshak

JPW
2011-04-18, 23:03

My mama realy did wear combat boots. She was a Nurse for the 3rd Tank Div in WW2. But she didn't have to swim out to the troop ships; they tied up to the docks in Sanfrancisco where she meet my dad.

You may have bumped into her Weary, but she would have been older than you.

Weary
2011-04-19, 00:41
My mama realy did wear combat boots. She was a Nurse for the 3rd Tank Div in WW2. But she didn't have to swim out to the troop ships; they tied up to the docks in Sanfrancisco where she meet my dad.

You may have bumped into her Weary, but she would have been older than you.
My mama worked as a machinist in a shipyard making destroyers in a tiny city in Maine that out produced the entire Japanese empire. I was born in May of the year of the October 1929 stock market crash, and taken camping by her and my dad in July of that year and every subsequent year for two months until the Pearl Harbor attacks.

Sierra Echo
2011-04-19, 00:55
My mama worked as a machinist in a shipyard making destroyers in a tiny city in Maine that out produced the entire Japanese empire. I was born in May of the year of the October 1929 stock market crash, and taken camping by her and my dad in July of that year and every subsequent year for two months until the Pearl Harbor attacks.

Thats cool! Do you have any pictures?

Trollasaur
2011-04-19, 01:52
Thats cool! Do you have any pictures?

That's cool! Do you have any pictures?

Sierra Echo
2011-04-19, 07:39
That's cool! Do you have any pictures?

If you're going to be a troll, you're going to have to do better then that. There is nothing more pesky then a weak troll.

Tin Man
2011-04-19, 08:47
If you're going to be a troll, you're going to have to do better then that. There is nothing more pesky then a weak troll.

Hahahaha :D

Gray Blazer
2011-04-19, 09:14

Did I say anything about airing grievances? I've been nice to Weary and even given him a spot where he can hold court and educate the newbees. Is that a bad thing?

Gray Blazer
2011-04-19, 10:38

Who's picking on him and who's talking about who behind their back?

sheepdog
2011-04-19, 13:46

I think you should leave Wise Old Owl out of this.:bike:

Trollasaur
2011-04-19, 16:46

That wasn't trolling, dipshit. It was a good natured joke.

Evidently, you're too stupid to discern the difference.

Sierra Echo
2011-04-19, 17:32
That wasn't trolling, dipshit. It was a good natured joke.

Evidently, you're too stupid to discern the difference.

*sigh* you're still not doing a good job. I'm afraid its time to downgrade you from a troll to a gnome. Perhaps the lawn gnome variety. Your new name is,
drumroll please, Gnomeasaur!!!

sheepdog
2011-04-19, 19:31
*sigh* you're still not doing a good job. I'm afraid its time to downgrade you from a troll to a gnome. Perhaps the lawn gnome variety. Your new name is,
drumroll please, Gnomeasaur!!!

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

JAK
2011-04-20, 10:13
My mama worked as a machinist in a shipyard making destroyers in a tiny city in Maine that out produced the entire Japanese empire. I was born in May of the year of the October 1929 stock market crash, and taken camping by her and my dad in July of that year and every subsequent year for two months until the Pearl Harbor attacks.That would be Bath. I like Bath.

Weary
2011-04-20, 11:17
That would be Bath. I like Bath.
It's a great little town, and maybe the only town anywhere in which every downtown store is filled with a business, and the shopping center on the outskirts is a third empty.

enviro
2011-04-20, 11:28
Did I say anything about airing grievances? I've been nice to Weary and even given him a spot where he can hold court and educate the newbees. Is that a bad thing?

From the first post you made when opening the thread, which was right he had gone at you pretty good, that was the tone I got.

This was that post:

"This is a thread dedicated to Weary.

Anybody who has sumthin to say about him can do it here"

Maybe I misread it and it was to post glowing accolades, but I don't think so.

Gray Blazer
2011-04-20, 11:46
From the first post you made when opening the thread, which was right he had gone at you pretty good, that was the tone I got.

This was that post:

Not everybody thinks like you. I don't remember Weary going after me.

Weary
2011-04-20, 11:48

This was that post:

My daughter enjoyed the initial comments greatly. She chuckled for a half hour, and then called friends, "Can you believe. There's a site on the internet that has nothing but complaints about my Dad."

She probably thought, "It's about time."

enviro
2011-04-20, 11:53
Not everybody thinks like you. I don't remember Weary going after me.

It's nice to be able to have a selective memory.

I'm glad not everyone thinks like me it would be a boring world, better, but boring.

Whatever floats your boat GB, if you started the thread to post glowing accolades about Weary then have at it. Course I haven't seen those posted by you yet, but I anxiously await them.

You can reply to this post, so that you get the last word, which is fine with me, but I'm done talking about this unimportant crap with you.

shadowmoss
2011-04-20, 12:02
For better or worse, there certainly is a lot more traffice here now.

Ummm, I don't care who has the last word, but I tend to be a thread killer in that no one ever posts after I give my thoughtful reply to a thread so perhaps it will be me after all.

Unrelated, it is hot, dusty, and smoky down here now. No rain for going on 6 months, and a lot of the 80km between here and the capital is aparently in flames. That explains the short tempers here, you can't see more than a quarter mile because of the smoke hanging in the air. Not sure why you all are so cranky.

dixicritter
2011-04-20, 12:04

Ummm, I don't care who has the last word, but I tend to be a thread killer in that no one ever posts after I give my thoughtful reply to a thread so perhaps it will be me after all.

Unrelated, it is hot, dusty, and smoky down here now. No rain for going on 6 months, and a lot of the 80km between here and the capital is aparently in flames. That explains the short tempers here, you can't see more than a quarter mile because of the smoke hanging in the air. Not sure why you all are so cranky.

I'd love to send you some of our rain right about now. :)

MonkeyBoy
2011-04-20, 12:05
Well, that just killed that thread......... :)

Crikey
2011-04-20, 12:54
September.

Dangit. Wrong thread. Sorry.

saimyoji
2011-04-20, 13:26
boobs

shadowmoss
2011-04-20, 16:47
Yes, those got bigger when I started gaining weight as well. Thanks for noticing.

woodsy
2011-04-20, 16:57
Yes, those got bigger when I started gaining weight as well. Thanks for noticing.

Pics ?

john pickett
2011-04-20, 17:50
Dixie, we need the rain more than Shadowmoss, here in Texas. Please, if you can send rain; send it Here!

john pickett
2011-04-20, 17:50
If you can't then nevermind.

shadowmoss
2011-04-20, 18:08
There is lightening and thunder going on now. Here's hoping there is rain with it. Wow, Dixie, that was fast!

shadowmoss
2011-04-20, 18:11
IT IS RAINING!!! not much, but we'll take what we can get...

dixicritter
2011-04-20, 19:12
LMAO! I swear that wasn't me.

Bearpaw
2011-04-20, 19:13
There you go again, trying to kill Weary's thread. :aetsch:

Enjoy the rain.

saimyoji
2011-04-20, 22:16

Pics ?

HEY!! Pay attention to the important questions.....

Nearly Normal
2011-04-20, 23:19
Fellow needs to take a drink or something, he aint where he use to be here.
Cussing Skids or Ray or whoever he cussed was about as real as I ever heard him type. Maybe he'll turn loose.

Hikerhead
2011-04-20, 23:22

That was the last straw, either Shadowmoss goes or me. :0

Spogatz
2011-04-21, 10:53
My wife says there was a really bad thunderstorm last night....I slept through it all....

A good storm is better than a sleeping pill!!!

shadowmoss
2011-04-21, 12:42
That was the last straw, either Shadowmoss goes or me. :0

Where we going?

Nice soaking rain for a couple of hours last night. Of course it's played hell with our network here. What was supposed to be a nice quiet morning has been non-stop trouble calls.

shadowmoss
2011-04-21, 13:09
Dixie, we need the rain more than Shadowmoss, here in Texas. Please, if you can send rain; send it Here!

Just reading the news stories about Texas. Yes, you need the rain as much or more than we do. My prayers are headed that way. Wish I could send rain, too.

Gray Blazer
2011-04-22, 08:47
Weary, I am proud of you. You had at least 3 posts on that other website concerning TM and you did not say the word "I" once. (You know I was just messing with you previously. My wife says that I am the narcissist and I guess it's true since I said the word "I" seven times in this post alone.)

Gray Blazer
2011-05-04, 15:13
Happy Natal Day, Weary!! Many happy returns of the day!!