PDA

View Full Version : Entitled hikers

Rockhound
2011-05-01, 10:37
Guy calls at 10:45 yesterday morning says he is almost to Cosby campground and has a shuttle scheduled with Curtis. I look on the calendar and it says the shuttle is scheduled for 1:30 +/-. I explain that Curtis is watching his daughters in a soccer game, he is aware of the shuttle and will be able to be there a little before 1:00. "but were here now" is the response. I said I understand but it still nearly 3 hours before he had scheduled a shuttle. I'll get him the message and he will be there as soon as he can. "But isn't there anyone there that can drive us now?" I tell him no. Curtis has the vehicle and we are very busy with hikers here at the hostel. Silence. "Anything else I can help you with?" "When we scheduled this Curtis said to call when we got here" "Tell you what, call me back in 10 minutes while I try to reach Curtis".
I reach Curtis, he leaves the game to go pick these entitled assholes up, they never call back. Curtis finds who he believes is his shuttle, who had just called for a taxi to bring them to Newfound Gap instead of calling back to find that Curtis is leaving the game to pick these guys up 2 hours prior than when they were scheduled. They played dumb but it was obvious to Curtis that this was the shuttle. Said they had made arrangements that fell through. Bullshit.
Hey Dipshits, sorry we don't have a fleet of vans and drivers waiting anxiously for you to snap your fingers and say "Gimme a ride" We aint the cable company. Next time you schedule a shuttle do not call here and do not expect a 6 hour window with whoever you do call. People have lives. The population of the Earth is not here just to serve your obnoxious, entitled, self absorbed asses. Hope that taxi cost you $200+
OK all done venting. Damn I am so sick of hikers.

enviro
2011-05-01, 12:06
When you schedule something that is what you live with. Had they got there early, called and someone was available to come get them...well cool. Otherwise they just wait till when they asked for the shuttle and be happy to have it.

mudhead
2011-05-01, 13:24
People like this are just a charm to run into if/when they get to Maine.

Course, by then I am usually sick of people anyway, so it might be me.

Rosaleen
2011-05-01, 13:38
On behalf of the hikers who try to be reasonable, I'm sorry for your frustration. You are right, they were jerks.

Rosaleen

curtisvowen
2011-05-01, 13:47
I've only been doing the shuttle biz for 10 years and this jackweed and one other have been the only problems I've had. You can't fix stupid.

Kanga
2011-05-01, 14:49
I've only been doing the shuttle biz for 10 years and this jackweed and one other have been the only problems I've had. You can't fix stupid.

no, but you can leave it on the side of the road.:albertein

Tin Man
2011-05-01, 17:39

that will learn you to stay with the kids game and meet hikers later.

curtisvowen
2011-05-01, 19:40
that will learn you that Maria had us at the wrong field 10 minutes before kickoff and had to drive to the next county to catch the game and we was going to be late as hell anyway, 8 yr. olds only play 10 minute quarters.
so I can go drive around in circles or make what money I can when the sun shines.

Tin Man
2011-05-01, 19:43
that will learn you that Maria had us at the wrong field 10 minutes before kickoff and had to drive to the next county to catch the game and we was going to be late as hell anyway, 8 yr. olds only play 10 minute quarters.
so I can go drive around in circles or make what money I can when the sun shines.

ahhh, but a good excuse to test the hiker's compassion... apparently they failed.

curtisvowen
2011-05-01, 20:15
yea this sucks, whatta ya goin' to do? first time I ever had this happen.
almost as bad as the WB "favorite hostel" thread, some jackass named "rockdoc" says I stole all the clothes I sell from hiker boxes! cool man.
RHound is right, we ain't here for the jackasses.

Bearpaw
2011-05-01, 20:17
Hopefully Wolverine from this thread (http://hikinghq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6297) won't be such a pain in the ass. :bandit:

curtisvowen
2011-05-01, 20:30
yea, I've been trackin' him but ain't getting any nibbles he must be South of the Park?
At least I've got a heads up.

generoll
2011-05-01, 21:28
that's the problem with trail names. guy's an asshole and then just changes his name.

Lone Wolf
2011-05-01, 21:36
i dislike most hikers. most live in a fuckin' selfish world. goddamn walkin'. big fuckin deal

JAK
2011-05-01, 23:27
Sounds like more than just walkin'.
That ain't hiking.

MonkeyBoy
2011-05-02, 22:14
i dislike most hikers. most live in a fuckin' selfish world. goddamn walkin'. big fuckin deal

You are the Bomb, Wolf. Nuf said.

Jeff
2011-05-03, 18:28
I would still rather hang out with hikers than most any other group

Tin Man
2011-05-03, 18:56

Yeah? You know some? Where they at?

woodsy
2011-05-03, 19:29
I ain't missing some of the thru hikers much in the three years away from them.
Stinky, attention needing , ride needing etc. etc.

I met some pretty cool hikers over my 20 yr. part time job w/them but
after awhile some of them can get under your skin with needs and wants for free, which cost you money, especially this far north toward the end of "their journey" when a lot of them basically are out of money.

Section hikers were never a problem, whole different breed for the most part.

I won't bother to go into detail on some of their issues but go ahead and use your imagination .

Hog On Ice
2011-05-03, 19:35
I used my imagination ...

... how the heck do they get into those positions?

woodsy
2011-05-03, 19:44
I used my imagination ...

... how the heck do they get into those positions?

positions ?

Hog On Ice
2011-05-03, 19:47
woodsy - think like a DOM

woodsy
2011-05-03, 19:56
DOM, = Dumb old muther.....

Russell
2011-05-03, 20:05
DOM, = Dumb old muther.....

woodsy +1:beer:

Superman
2011-05-03, 22:03
yea this sucks, whatta ya goin' to do? first time I ever had this happen.
almost as bad as the WB "favorite hostel" thread, some jackass named "rockdoc" says I stole all the clothes I sell from hiker boxes! cool man.
RHound is right, we ain't here for the jackasses.

Your hostel is light years better than what folks had with Mountain Mama's. Tell them to call her and see what they get.:angel:

Tin Man
2011-05-03, 22:07
Your hostel is light years better than what folks had with Mountain Mama's. Tell them to call her and see what they get.:angel:

Have you ever been to Hikers Welcome in Glencliff? How does it compare?

MonkeyBoy
2011-05-03, 23:12

Even Swedish Bikini Models?

Tin Man
2011-05-03, 23:18
Even Swedish Bikini Models?

would that be northern or southern swedish bikini models?

MonkeyBoy
2011-05-03, 23:19
Like it really matters.....

Lone Wolf
2011-05-03, 23:23

why? they're just walkin' and focused of katahdin, eatin' and gettin' shit for cheap cuz they think they is special

Nearly Normal
2011-05-03, 23:40

At a shelter?

Gray Blazer
2011-05-03, 23:43
The Swedish Bikini Backpacking Team trains in the Tray Mountain Wilderness.

Nearly Normal
2011-05-04, 02:13
That area doesn't allow power shit. Don't allow chain saws or fake boobs and shit.

JoeyB
2011-05-04, 07:19

i met you a few weeks back when you allowed me to park my old celica as i sectioned my way through the park.
thanks again.

as a self employed woodworker, i deal with the occasional "entitled homeowner".
for those types i very quietly add on an aggravation fee when the invoice is being drawn up.
then return the focus on all the customers who are appreciative of the service you provide.

some bytches you'll never make happy.

Tin Man
2011-05-04, 09:10
i met you a few weeks back when you allowed me to park my old celica as i sectioned my way through the park.
thanks again.

as a self employed woodworker, i deal with the occasional "entitled homeowner".
for those types i very quietly add on an aggravation fee when the invoice is being drawn up.
then return the focus on all the customers who are appreciative of the service you provide.

some bytches you'll never make happy.

awesome... i do the same, the higher the aggravation, the higher the fee... one dumbass woudn't take the hint until i started doubling my fees... they bitched, i lowered the bill some so they would pay and they have stopped calling :beer:

Two Speed
2011-05-04, 09:45
Sounds like the old 20/80 rule: 20% of the people will eat up 80% of your time if you let them.

Crikey
2011-05-04, 09:46

Mountain Moma didn't take shit from anybody. That's why hikers didn't get anything over on her.

Gray Blazer
2011-05-04, 09:49
That place was scary looking.

Tin Man
2011-05-04, 09:49
Sounds like the old 20/80 rule: 20% of the people will eat up 80% of your time if you let them.

thats where aggravation billing code 'buttwipe' come in :beer:

JoeyB
2011-05-04, 09:55
thats where aggravation billing code 'buttwipe' come in :beer:

nothing better than filling up your gas tank on the holier than thou attitude of some benz drivin' yuppie who thinks he's better than you.

especially when it's used to get my kayak and gear outta town and into the mountains........

http://s4.postimage.org/qdj8hb9yz/DSCF4351.jpg

JAK
2011-05-04, 10:02
I know how to cure these guys. Build a well marked and maintained trail all the way from Springer to Katahdin, and if that ain't enough, set up picnic tables and barbeques and coolers at random points along the trail and give them all free hotdogs and hamburgers and cold beverages. Yeah, that ought to do it.

CpoqOnlyVEU

Tin Man
2011-05-04, 10:03
nothing better than filling up your gas tank on the holier than thou attitude of some benz drivin' yuppie who thinks he's better than you.

especially when it's used to get my kayak and gear outta town and into the mountains........

http://s4.postimage.org/qdj8hb9yz/DSCF4351.jpg

you have your priorities straight :congrats: :beer: