PDA

View Full Version : I am new !!

Pete
2003-06-01, 07:39
Hi Too all
I am kinda new to hiking, and I am finding it heaps of fun, I'am trying to keep my pack weight under 14 kgs, I am also setting up a small web site, about hiking in Australia, http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/mr_p_smith/
anyway let us know if you live in Australia :)

PS I am in search of the female backpacker? is there such a thing?? all the girls I know can't do with out a hair dryer for a day, nevermind hike :)lol

Hi for Australia

MoonDoggie
2003-06-01, 07:42
Pete

Welcome to the site man, always wanted to do a nice long Australia hike..
Walkabout type..lol

MoonDoggie

maryphyl
2003-06-04, 20:55
Originally posted by Pete
PS I am in search of the female backpacker? is there such a thing?? all the girls I know can't do with out a hair dryer for a day, nevermind hike :)lol

Hi for Australia

Nope, no such thing. You should just give up. We like our hairdryers so don't you even think about taking them away.

Hog On Ice
2003-06-04, 22:08
Yo, MaryPhyl - think we should send Pete over to TT? I think it might be fun seeing what the women over there do with him eh?

maryphyl
2003-06-05, 01:05
Originally posted by Hog On Ice
Yo, MaryPhyl - think we should send Pete over to TT? I think it might be fun seeing what the women over there do with him eh?
Do we really want to be responsible for the blood? They will turn him into chopped meat :rolleyes:

Limehouse
2003-06-05, 01:32
Originally posted by maryphyl
Do we really want to be responsible for the blood? They will turn him into chopped meat :rolleyes:

I don't think Pete's point was that women can't or don't hike, just that it's more common to see men.

maryphyl
2003-06-05, 02:02
Limehouse--I can tell you are a very serious man. That is good because this is very serious business.

Limehouse
2003-06-05, 02:21
Actually, I kinda just wanted to post something to test out my new account. But I guess it gave you the opportunity to exercise your sarcasm muscle, so all is not lost.

And no, I am about as unserious as a person can get.

Pete
2003-06-05, 07:11
Wow that got a great reaction, lmao,,
Any way I am off to hike up Mt Mitchell this weekend :) last time I climbed it my pack was about 28gk
this time after reading this site I have my back weight down to 14kg :o so I am looking for a good result, I will post some pics and a map at my site when I come back , see ya then

ps Maryphyl & Hog on ice ,,,,,,are you both female Backpackers ???? :)

dixicritter
2003-06-08, 22:17
Welcome aboard Pete.

I don't care about my hair dryer, I just don't wanna leave my A/C behind...lol.

:D

edited to add....

Welcome to all the new faces!!

maryphyl
2003-06-08, 23:37
Yo Pete--glad we made you smile. Sounds like your pack is much more managable--good--knowin you'll be glad. PS I don't know HOI personally--just from the forums--he is a good guy ;)

dixicritter--thanks for the welcome.

snowsurfin951
2003-06-24, 19:40
My wife doesn't care about her hair dryer either. She mostly misses her AC and hates the bugs. She is the outdoorsy type when I drag her there. She never complains though. I just tell her that she doesn't have to go.

Not sure how to break the news about my plans for a AT thru hike though. I don't think she will be as enthusiastic as I am.