PDA

View Full Version : found knife on AT

Rosaleen
2011-05-30, 19:14
Hi, Friends-

A buddy of mine found a rather nice knife on the AT which he hopes to reunite with its owner. I'm posting this message, below, on his behalf and will forward any relevant responses to him. (Like from the possible owner. I don't mean to discourage comments.)

Rosaleen

Found a VERY nice knife on the Trail - SoBo from Harpers Ferry.

If someone can tell me where/when and give a description of the knife, I will ship it to them.

No reward necessary. Maybe buy me a beer sometime...<g>...

Thanks!

Roche
2011-06-03, 11:34
OK, ah....

WHERE? on the Trail - SoBo from Harpers Ferry

WHEN? sometime before 2011-05-30, 18:14

DESCRIPTION? a VERY nice knife

Is that close enough?

Rosaleen
2011-06-03, 12:37
Cute.

The actual owner would know the brand, probably the model, and likely the MSRP.

So, no, no enough info.

Rosaleen

Nearly Normal
2011-06-03, 19:50
Never lost a knife, coffee cups all the time. My neighbor finds them all over the woods here......course it takes me all day to get over to that stick that fell out of a tree in the yard....I get side tracked but I have a good time.

sheepdog
2011-06-03, 19:54
Never lost a knife, coffee cups all the time. My neighbor finds them all over the woods here......course it takes me all day to get over to that stick that fell out of a tree in the yard....I get side tracked but I have a good time.

I do that all the time. Sometimes I stop in the yard and think "now what was I doing?"

Skidsteer
2011-06-03, 19:55
I do that all the time. Sometimes I stop in the yard and think "now what was I doing?"

I hope you don't do that when the bees are chasing you.

sheepdog
2011-06-03, 19:57
I hope you don't do that when the bees are chasing you.

My bees love me.

:willy: :willy:

Tin Man
2011-06-03, 22:09
i'm still trying to find my knife i lost ... somewhere... looks like this...

http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/gig-swiss-knife.jpg

saimyoji
2011-06-03, 22:36
best knife i ever owned i found on the bottom of the ocean, about 80 ft down. still own it. awesome for popping clams out of the sand, prying 'em open and scraping the tasty flesh off the shell and into my hungry mouth....all while sittin on the bottom of the ocean. good times.

Tin Man
2011-06-03, 22:48
best knife i ever owned i found on the bottom of the ocean, about 80 ft down. still own it. awesome for popping clams out of the sand, prying 'em open and scraping the tasty flesh off the shell and into my hungry mouth....all while sittin on the bottom of the ocean. good times.

80ft? damn, i thought the bottom of the ocean was considerably deeper. my bad

ed bell
2011-06-03, 22:59
80ft? damn, i thought the bottom of the ocean was considerably deeper. my bad

It is where it is.....:bandit:

Weary
2011-06-06, 11:44
Around here, we just wait until the tide goes out. The clams are easily scooped out of the mud. Only rarely does anyone bother to sit in 80 feet of water to eat them. Mostly we just rinse the mud and sand off and steam them for a minute or so. They open quite nicely all by themselves. Lost knives are rarely needed.

Weary
2011-06-06, 11:49
BTW, I've lost a lot of knives over the decades. Strangely, I've never found one.

SGT Rock
2011-06-06, 14:45
Same here. I lost one of my favorite knives at work last year. I believe in karma though, and I expect to find a good one some day to replace it.