PDA

View Full Version : weiner gets in trouble

sheepdog
2011-06-02, 15:07
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/02/rep-weiner-struggles-to-explain-origin-lewd-twitter-photo/

Who'd a figgured

Two Speed
2011-06-02, 15:26
Looks like he'd do better to STFCU.

JoeyB
2011-06-02, 20:32
"There's a lot of explaining going on without a lot of clarity"

a stunning revelation if ever there was one.

http://s1.postimage.org/ftuccaxrp/1267030606742.jpg

Skidsteer
2011-06-02, 20:42
Sounds like he can expect his pet rabbit boiling on the stove top any day now.

Rockhound
2011-06-11, 08:32
The problem here is the lying about it for a week. Overall everything else, while embarrassing, is pretty tame. Nothing he did was illegal. He did not get a BJ under the oval office desk. He did not get a BJ from a gay man in an airport bathroom. He did not use campaign funds to hide and house his mistress with whom he fathered an illegitimate child. He did not say he was hiking the AT while really in Argentina with his mistress.
He got on the net, talked dirty and Brett Favred a few anonymous women one of whom was an attention whore who could not wait for her Monica Lewinski moment.
Compared to all the sadistic perverse behavior we see by our elected officials nowadays this is nothing. Again the problem is the lying.

Rockhound
2011-06-11, 08:32
And my Weiner is bigger. Just sayin'

Hog On Ice
2011-06-11, 10:46
pics or its a lie

sheepdog
2011-06-11, 10:48
The problem here is the lying about it for a week. Overall everything else, while embarrassing, is pretty tame. Nothing he did was illegal. He did not get a BJ under the oval office desk. He did not get a BJ from a gay man in an airport bathroom. He did not use campaign funds to hide and house his mistress with whom he fathered an illegitimate child. He did not say he was hiking the AT while really in Argentina with his mistress.
He got on the net, talked dirty and Brett Favred a few anonymous women one of whom was an attention whore who could not wait for her Monica Lewinski moment.
Compared to all the sadistic perverse behavior we see by our elected officials nowadays this is nothing. Again the problem is the lying.

funny what some people think is acceptable from their elected officials.

Superman
2011-06-11, 11:24
All politicians should be required to hike the AT....like South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford's.:angel:

saimyoji
2011-06-11, 14:33
pics or its a lie

did you just seriously ask for pictures of RH's weiner? WTF?? :afraid:

Russell
2011-06-11, 15:04

Do we have to discuss HOI's man card again?

Superman
2011-06-11, 15:24
Do we have to discuss HOI's man card again?

He hasn't had one of those in ages.:angel:

JoeyB
2011-06-11, 16:38
i don't really give a rats azz what other politicians have done and gotten away with or punished for.
this stupid S.O.B. is a sick perverted P.O.S. excuse for a man.
nobody this mentally phuqued up should be in any level of public representation.

the skinny little puke is typical of the cowardly bstrd who says something online, but would go full on thumbsuckingfetal if he ever had to face the consequences of his sick actions, in the face of the husband, father, or boyfriend of one these women.

typical cowards way out of a situation, going into some phoney rehab........
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/12/nyregion/pelosi-calls-on-weiner-to-resign.html?_r=1&emc=na

Skidsteer
2011-06-11, 16:55
That was a pretty decent rant.

john pickett
2011-06-11, 17:02
"And my Weiner is bigger. Just sayin'"
That's what photoshop is for.

jrwiesz
2011-06-11, 17:06
So, how do you really feel?

ed bell
2011-06-11, 17:08

Legal or illegal's got nothing to do with it....it's in the ethics and deceit after he was cold busted....blaming one of the recipients as an attention whore is irrelevant.

generoll
2011-06-11, 17:17
pardon me, but I'll be busy cleaning out my folders for a bit.

JAK
2011-06-11, 17:23
It is getting rather tiresome how people seem to use rehab for public relations. Just take several swift kicks in the groin, resign from office, and get the off our freekin radar screen. There's a war on, more than one I think, and what's left of an economy some place or other and I'd like to know what the heck is going on with it all.

JoeyB
2011-06-11, 17:33
That was a pretty decent rant.

it'll do for now.

it's the result of having to stay in town today to run around and bid on a job, instead of a kayak camping trip, only to have the homeowner hem and haw around and waffle on whether to spend the $$$ or not.

wouldn't be so bad if she hadn't worn out my phone all this week while i was working, saying how she really wanted to get started on it.

bottom line is, that runty azz pip squeek needs his neck wrung.

JoeyB
2011-06-11, 17:40
It is getting rather tiresome how people seem to use rehab for public relations. Just take several swift kicks in the groin, resign from office, and get the off our freekin radar screen. There's a war on, more than one I think, and what's left of an economy some place or other and I'd like to know what the heck is going on with it all.

exactly !!!

as a self employed carpenter, i'm struggling with more and contractors like myself having to scrounge deeper and travel farther from home, cut bids to the bare minimum just to keep the shop doors open.

hundreds in gas $$$ are flying out of my wallet.
$120 yesterday at the grocery store, it might fuel me into the middle of next week.

cool thing is, a good friends younger brother is coming home from Afghanistan next week, ALIVE AND IN ONE PIECE !!!

Hog On Ice
2011-06-11, 20:11

more along the lines of "prove it or stfu"

Russell
2011-06-11, 20:13
more along the lines of "prove it or stfu"

Yea, right.:angel:

Lone Wolf
2011-06-11, 20:17
much ado over nothing. big deal. showed his dick. life and politics go on

Rockhound
2011-06-12, 08:37

Can't do it. I might want to run for office or be an NFL quarterback some day. Besides that I do not have a wide angle lens.

Weary
2011-06-12, 09:09
He didn't even father a child with one of his housekeepers, just as he was about to marry a powerful political sibling of the opposite political party. But I agree. Among the sins of society, his behavior is pretty minor. The far greater sex sin is fathering unwanted children in an over populated world.

Rockhound
2011-06-12, 10:09
politicians with ethics problems? The Spermanator, Thomas Jefferson, The Argentinian AT hiker from S.C., George W, Bill Clinton, Nixon, Gary Hart, John Edwards, JFK, Ted Kennedy, Airport BJ dude, All reps who took part in the lesbian bondage fiasco, Giuliani, The gov of FLA, etc etc etc..... It's easier to name politicians who do not have ethics problems.

Weary
2011-06-12, 13:58
..... It's easier to name politicians who do not have ethics problems.
Well, a lot of us have ethical problems from time to time. I've never met anyone that didn't.

But most politicians I've known over the years are more ethical than almost any other profession, I've dealt with. The reason is pretty obvious. Politicians are always in the public eye. Unlike cheating supermarkets, lawyers, bankers, ministers, priests, builders, ponzi schemers, and industrial polluters, who deal with us one on one, or a few at a time, and we hear about only when the catastrophes they cause make the news, such as happened when investment banker shenanigans threatened to destroy the world economy.

Nearly Normal
2011-06-12, 19:46
Thomas Jefferson is a hero.

Skidsteer
2011-06-12, 19:54
Well, a lot of us have ethical problems from time to time. I've never met anyone that didn't.

But most politicians I've known over the years are more ethical than almost any other profession, I've dealt with. The reason is pretty obvious. Politicians are always in the public eye. Unlike cheating supermarkets, lawyers, bankers, ministers, priests, builders, ponzi schemers, and industrial polluters, who deal with us one on one, or a few at a time, and we hear about only when the catastrophes they cause make the news, such as happened when investment banker shenanigans threatened to destroy the world economy.

I get where you're coming from but acting right because people are watching you has nothing to do with ethics or character. It just means you don't want to get caught.

Rockhound
2011-06-12, 20:22
I have no delusions about politicians on the whole having higher moral character than the rest of society. If anything they have less moral fiber. The number of people who enter politics for altruistic reasons are greatly outweighed by the number who enter simply to accumulate wealth and power.

Superman
2011-06-12, 20:37
I have no delusions about politicians on the whole having higher moral character than the rest of society. If anything they have less moral fiber. The number of people who enter politics for altruistic reasons are greatly outweighed by the number who enter simply to accumulate wealth and power.

They're just people who couldn't make it in the commune.

Rockhound
2011-06-12, 20:42
Thomas Jefferson is a hero.

Who happened to father one of his slaves children. I recall Strom Thurman did something similar many years later. Had that leaked to the press he would have been ridden out on a rail and never would have been able to do all the good he did while serving decades in office. Including reversing his stand on segregation. I'm just saying people can have some strange dysfunctional personal lives but still perform admirably in their jobs.
Also who is in charge of saying what is moral or immoral? Do we go just by legality? If not then where is the line drawn? Cheating? Sexting? Masturbation? Is Playboy OK but Hustler bad? I know many Christians feel homosexuality is immoral. Should we stop letting gays run for office? Sorry Barney Frank. You're out. I say if Weiner did not break any laws he should be allowed to stay in office and let the people decide if he should be allowed to stick around in the next election. There are much bigger problems to worry about than this Freudian bullshit. If some S&M exhibitionist donkey banging sex addict freak had the answer to world peace I wouldn't be saying, "sorry, world peace would be nice and all but you are just not moral enough for us to accept your solutions"

sheepdog
2011-06-12, 20:45
If we fail to elect people of good character; we deserve what we get.

Rockhound
2011-06-12, 20:57
If we fail to elect people of good character; we deserve what we get.

JFK was a whore. Few could argue that he was not a good president.

Sierra Echo
2011-06-12, 21:00
I have no delusions about politicians on the whole having higher moral character than the rest of society.

I have met very few men who were capable of keeping their dicks in the pants. Politicans just seem to want to spread it around more. Of course they always get caught and then they enter Rehab. Its rather boring actually. The only thing that makes this story good is the guys last name.

Skidsteer
2011-06-12, 22:14
I have met very few men who were capable of keeping their dicks in the pants....

And I've met very few women that wanted me to.

[I mean, seriously, what did you expect me to say to that? :biggrin:]

Weary
2011-06-12, 22:46
Totally wrong. There are exceptions, but most politicians get their start by serving on school boards or town councils, because they see issues that in their minds are being handled wrongly. A few move on to serving in state legislatures, all of which call for years that demand a great number of work hours, and minimal compensation. Six plus months of 12-hour days of Legislative service in Maine pays around $9,000.

A few perform well enough to get the attention of their underpaid companions and the electorate, so get recruited to run for Congress, when there is an incumbent that no veteran politician wants to run against.

My job for two decades required that I deal with politics most days. I went from being a political cynic, to appreciating the dedicated public service so many underpaid "politicians" provide our democracy.

Yes. a few incompetent or on the make folks, are elected because the public refuses to take the time to study important issues or the candidates. I regularly see why incompetents sometimes are chosen, when people on these forums declare proudly that they don't watch television, or read newspapers. But except for occasional popular fad elections, (think the tea party) democracy works reasonably well.

Sierra Echo
2011-06-12, 22:52
And I've met very few women that wanted me to.

[I mean, seriously, what did you expect me to say to that? :biggrin:]

Its true. I distinctly remember at the Franklin Hiker Bash watching women who were driving by the Sapphire Inn rolling down their car windows yelling "woooohooo skidys! Whip it on out baby!"

Nearly Normal
2011-06-12, 22:53
This seems to be getting political. Sorry I tweaked it on. Please excuse me.

MonkeyBoy
2011-06-13, 00:20
I'll say this once, and then STFU, since it is political.....

Whether he is a Democrat or Republican doesn't matter to me in this situation, or any other situation where one is caught doing something wrong....

If he will cheat on his wife and screw the ones he/she loves, then they should leave office, because if he/she screws their loved ones, what do you think they will do to you, who is a nobody and just a number to them.......

Think about it.

Lone Wolf
2011-06-13, 01:08
I'll say this once, and then STFU, since it is political.....

Whether he is a Democrat or Republican doesn't matter to me in this situation, or any other situation where one is caught doing something wrong....

If he will cheat on his wife and screw the ones he/she loves, then they should leave office, because if he/she screws their loved ones, what do you think they will do to you, who is a nobody and just a number to them.......

Think about it.

dead on analysis

rcli4
2011-06-13, 02:10
Polititions whole stock in trade is judgement. This fella seems to lack the essentials for the job.

Clyde

Tin Man
2011-06-13, 05:56
one man's 'lack of judgement' is another man's 'hobby'

most of them pursue pussy on the side, it's an age old tradition and considered normal in some cultures. and i'll give you dollars for donuts the reporters chasing the story and just as 'guilty'. what's it got to do with their 'day job'? and of course he lied about it since our american 'puritan' culture can't accept it, again, so what? just my opinion.

Rockhound
2011-06-13, 07:59
one man's 'lack of judgement' is another man's 'hobby'

most of them pursue pussy on the side, it's an age old tradition and considered normal in some cultures.
Not just normal but natural. Men instinctively have the need to spread their seed far and wide. We evolved that way to ensure the propagation of the species. Women evolved with the nesting instinct to raise and protect their offspring until such time that their children could go out and procreate themselves.
If men never "cheated" on their mates the human race very well could have died out eons ago
Fast forward to the society of today and you see a bunch of figuratively castrated men going against their natural instincts by staying monogamous or men that cheat hoping not to get caught or man whores that are at the very least true to their nature and don't care what anyone thinks. ie Charlie Sheen. Morality is completely suggestive.
Some would argue that it is moral to kill complete strangers 1/2 way around the world because of fear and ideological beliefs while saying that having sex with multiple partners is perverse and immoral.
Yes, Weiner likes young, physically attractive women. OMG he is an immoral son of a bitch. Kick him out of office.

Ray
2011-06-13, 08:44
Oh. It's natural so it must be pure and good. Lying's natural too and being a natural born liar must give one an edge in politics. So it's all good. I wish he were my Congressman.

At least if he were then more people in my District would know their Rep's name. I'd bet 90% have no clue who Tom Graves is or what he does for a living.

MonkeyBoy
2011-06-13, 09:07
Not just normal but natural. Men instinctively have the need to spread their seed far and wide. We evolved that way to ensure the propagation of the species. Women evolved with the nesting instinct to raise and protect their offspring until such time that their children could go out and procreate themselves.
If men never "cheated" on their mates the human race very well could have died out eons ago
Fast forward to the society of today and you see a bunch of figuratively castrated men going against their natural instincts by staying monogamous or men that cheat hoping not to get caught or man whores that are at the very least true to their nature and don't care what anyone thinks. ie Charlie Sheen. Morality is completely suggestive.
Some would argue that it is moral to kill complete strangers 1/2 way around the world because of fear and ideological beliefs while saying that having sex with multiple partners is perverse and immoral.
Yes, Weiner likes young, physically attractive women. OMG he is an immoral son of a bitch. Kick him out of office.

I call bullshit.

I've been married to my wife for 25 years. Never once cheated on her, but had MANY opportunities to do so, and many without the chance of being caught.

Like I said........if he'll screw over his family and co-workers, what will he do to a number like you.

Tin Man
2011-06-13, 09:19
politicians are always cutting deals behind the scenes that would make their voters cringe. it is an unfortunate consequence of how our govt. works. what that has to do with after hours sports is beyond me.

MonkeyBoy
2011-06-13, 09:35
Because the character of the person representing you has effect on YOUR life.

Otherwise, let's just elect homeless crackhead bums off the side of the street, if character has nothing to do with job performance.

MonkeyBoy
2011-06-13, 09:46
Funny how we try to raise our children to be honorable and respectful to others, not to lie and stay true to your word.......

......but when the rubber hits the road, we say "Well, yeah, it's acceptable to break your vows. It's expected of a man and is no one's business what you do in the sack, regardless that you've held your wife to the same vows that you seem to be o.k. with breaking."

Character counts.

Superman
2011-06-13, 09:48

Otherwise, let's just elect homeless crackhead bums off the side of the street, if character has nothing to do with job performance.

On the other hand...we could elect Eagle Scouts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Eagle_Scouts_(Boy_Scouts_of_America)

Tin Man
2011-06-13, 09:52

apples and fruit cakes

Funny how we try to raise our children to be honorable and respectful to others, not to lie and stay true to your word.......

......but when the rubber hits the road, we say "Well, yeah, it's acceptable to break your vows. It's expected of a man and is no one's business what you do in the sack, regardless that you've held your wife to the same vows that you seem to be o.k. with breaking."

Character counts.

vows? you know what is happening in weiner's marriage. WOW!

if character counts and we could can all the 'characters' tomorrow, washington would be a desolate waste land. just sayin'

MonkeyBoy
2011-06-13, 09:58
vows? you know what is happening in weiner's marriage. WOW!

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that he's in VERY hot water right now with the wifey.

if character counts and we could can all the 'characters' tomorrow, washington would be a desolate waste land. just sayin'

My point exactly........and we wonder why the country is going to hell in a handbasket.

No morals. When doing wrong is acceptable, we've lost our way.

MonkeyBoy
2011-06-13, 10:00
On the other hand...we could elect Eagle Scouts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Eagle_Scouts_(Boy_Scouts_of_America)

Even then, Eagles fall from grace.

Marion Berry was an Eagle Scout.........just sayin'.

Tin Man
2011-06-13, 10:04
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that he's in VERY hot water right now with the wifey.

not following that closely... do they have an active love life?

My point exactly........and we wonder why the country is going to hell in a handbasket.

No morals. When doing wrong is acceptable, we've lost our way.

can't argue that. but that has been true since the days of the Caesars.

MonkeyBoy
2011-06-13, 10:08
not following that closely... do they have an active love life?

I have no clue, but I've yet to find a woman that says it's acceptable to email pictures of your junk to other women in less than one year of marriage.

Tin Man
2011-06-13, 10:11
I have no clue, but I've yet to find a woman that says it's acceptable to email pictures of your junk to other women in less than one year of marriage.

oooh, 1 year. guess i haven't been paying attention. time for the annulment.

generoll
2011-06-13, 10:16

and this would be bad because?

MonkeyBoy
2011-06-13, 10:18
oooh, 1 year. guess i haven't been paying attention. time for the annulment.

Yep....married last July.

And as a bad omen, they had Bill Clinton officiate the service.

Tin Man
2011-06-13, 10:18
and this would be bad because?

because then the military would feel compelled to take control. you want to live under martial law or one ruled by guys who like sex?

MonkeyBoy
2011-06-13, 10:20
because then the military would feel compelled to take control. you want to live under martial law or one ruled by guys who like sex?

I'd like to be ruled by a group of guys that actually have the self-control to keep their pecker in their pants.

Superman
2011-06-13, 10:22
Even then, Eagles fall from grace.

Marion Berry was an Eagle Scout.........just sayin'.

In that case all y'all should elect me king and I'll bring on the final solution....I'll put all the SOBs that I deem to be "bad" up against a wall and blast them off the census roll. Just sayin.:beer:

Tin Man
2011-06-13, 10:45
I'd like to be ruled by a group of guys that actually have the self-control to keep their pecker in their pants.

good luck with dat

sheepdog
2011-06-13, 11:00

:dito:

sheepdog
2011-06-13, 11:01
good luck with dat

only reason we don't is because the electorate is too stupid to demand it.

Tin Man
2011-06-13, 11:01

i submit the same testosterone that drives politicians to unapologetic wanton desires for sex is also what drives them to office. same principle, or lack thereof, drives men to run corporations. the desire for power, sex and, of course, money is a powerful lure driven by overactive libidos. without those elevated testosterone levels, there would be no leaders. not saying it is right. just saying that basic human instincts is what drives everything. trying to control whatever can be described as good in that is very difficult and given AMERICAN society's expectations of men to be 'puritan' family men makes it very difficult for driven men to find a workable balance. 'keeping their pecker in their pants' is very hard for these types - pun intended. :D

Tin Man
2011-06-13, 11:02
only reason we don't is because the electorate is too stupid to demand it.

nah, there would be no one to run for office...

sheepdog
2011-06-13, 11:05
nah, there would be no one to run for office...

there are more out there than you think

Tin Man
2011-06-13, 11:09
there are more out there than you think

bring 'em up and give them a proctology life exam, see how they measure up

sheepdog
2011-06-13, 11:11
you're killin me

Tin Man
2011-06-13, 11:18
you're killin me

lol. the pure won't run, cuz they ain't driven. just sayin'

i ain't condoning the behavior. just a little read up on what drives people to position of power. these so called 'can't keep it in their pants' types can be very effective leaders. the drive that puts 'em in office, drives them in all of their interests. and drive for sex don't mean they is trying to screw us necessarily.

sheepdog
2011-06-13, 11:42
lol. the pure won't run, cuz they ain't driven. just sayin'

i ain't condoning the behavior. just a little read up on what drives people to position of power. these so called 'can't keep it in their pants' types can be very effective leaders. the drive that puts 'em in office, drives them in all of their interests. and drive for sex don't mean they is trying to screw us necessarily.

or unnecessarily

Tin Man
2011-06-13, 11:58
or unnecessarily

:D :top:

sorry for the back and forth. i always see both sides and like to see where it goes. might have something to do with why i got booted off wb :angel:

Superman
2011-06-13, 12:03

sorry for the back and forth. i always see both sides and like to see where it goes. might have something to do with why i got booted off wb :angel:

...and why you're kind of shaky here also.:angel:

Tin Man
2011-06-13, 12:04

well, there's that too ... fucker :bootyshak

sheepdog
2011-06-13, 12:04

hahahahahahahahaha

MonkeyBoy
2011-06-13, 12:06
i submit the same testosterone that drives politicians to unapologetic wanton desires for sex is also what drives them to office. same principle, or lack thereof, drives men to run corporations. the desire for power, sex and, of course, money is a powerful lure driven by overactive libidos. without those elevated testosterone levels, there would be no leaders. not saying it is right. just saying that basic human instincts is what drives everything. trying to control whatever can be described as good in that is very difficult and given AMERICAN society's expectations of men to be 'puritan' family men makes it very difficult for driven men to find a workable balance. 'keeping their pecker in their pants' is very hard for these types - pun intended. :D

I disagree.

It's just that men of honor and integrity do not get elected, because they stand up for what is right and decent, say what they mean and mean what they say, and all it does is puts a target on their back.

Tin Man
hahahahahahahahaha

you stfu http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-angry011.gif

Superman
well, there's that too ... fucker :bootyshak

Don't worry...before you can get booted off here there has to be a Booting Off ceremony...and you're the designated driver for it.:beer:

Tin Man
2011-06-13, 12:07
Don't worry...before you can get booted off here there has to be a Booting Off ceremony...and you're the designated driver for it.:beer:

whew... then i should be safe :D

Weary
2011-06-13, 12:46
If men never "cheated" on their mates the human race very well could have died out eons ago.
Our current views of sex are based largely on our religious culture. Jesus in who's name Christiantity was founded, is praised for having been born without benefit of the male sex. The largest Christian sect says its clergy should live without sex. Though, speaking of "moral" values, the evidence is growing that it also spent centuries covering up the many violations. The early founders argued that the goal of Christian believers should be to live a life of celibacy.

In contrast, during the centuries that Christianity was evolving out of Judaism, religions in the east preached that sex was an essential part of their religious beliefs. The sacred texts of India proscribed the many ways that sex should be practiced in religious life. Men were told that the "moral" thing to do was to encourage their wives to have sex with multiple partners and thus further the religious lives of his friends. A similar culture prevailed among the primitive tribes of the far north.

Traditional morality is changing rapidly in our culture. Around half our kids are now born to unmarried parents. Bill Clinton was reelected with ease despite his lies. JFK continues to be praised, despite the revelations of a newly active press. Barney Frank continues to be among the most respected and influential Congressmen.

However, resistance continues. The church that covered up the sexual activites of its priests, still insists that only one man, one woman can marry. Wiener's real sin may be that he wasn't a very good Congressman, so no one feels obligated to support him against the rabble rousers.

MonkeyBoy
2011-06-13, 12:57
Woo boy.......

Not even gonna touch that one Weary.

jrwiesz
2011-06-13, 13:01

do you ever go hiking?

Lugnut
2011-06-13, 13:02
What Weiner did was juvenile, and since he is married, immoral. I accept he's an idiot. I don't accept that he is a liar, and that makes him unfit to serve. I realize there are many liars holding office but those caught red handed should have the decency to resign.

jrwiesz
2011-06-13, 13:05
What Weiner did was juvenile, and since he is married, immoral. I accept he's an idiot. I don't accept that he is a liar, and that makes him unfit to serve. I realize there are many liars holding office but those caught red handed should have the decency to resign.

by your standards, not all standards. if they are immoral, you think they have decency?

Lugnut
2011-06-13, 13:07
by your standards, not all standards. if they are immoral, you think they have decency?

Huh ?

jrwiesz
2011-06-13, 13:12
of those that are immoral, which do you think will have decency?

Tin Man
2011-06-13, 13:27
do you ever go hiking?

monthly scout trips. several at sections per year. yes, i hike. thanks for asking.

jrwiesz
2011-06-13, 13:33
monthly scout trips. several at sections per year. yes, i hike. thanks for asking.

cool. good to hear.

i'm just a fucktard wondering, you may now resume your regularly scheduled programming.

john pickett
2011-06-13, 14:31
Sarge, I'm proud to say I didn't start this thread nor have I contributed to it till now. This will be my Only contribution.
Regards,
John Pickett

Rockhound
2011-06-13, 14:35
Our current views of sex are based largely on our religious culture. Jesus in who's name Christiantity was founded, is praised for having been born without benefit of the male sex. The largest Christian sect says its clergy should live without sex. Though, speaking of "moral" values, the evidence is growing that it also spent centuries covering up the many violations. The early founders argued that the goal of Christian believers should be to live a life of celibacy.

In contrast, during the centuries that Christianity was evolving out of Judaism, religions in the east preached that sex was an essential part of their religious beliefs. The sacred texts of India proscribed the many ways that sex should be practiced in religious life. Men were told that the "moral" thing to do was to encourage their wives to have sex with multiple partners and thus further the religious lives of his friends. A similar culture prevailed among the primitive tribes of the far north.

Traditional morality is changing rapidly in our culture. Around half our kids are now born to unmarried parents. Bill Clinton was reelected with ease despite his lies. JFK continues to be praised, despite the revelations of a newly active press. Barney Frank continues to be among the most respected and influential Congressmen.

However, resistance continues. The church that covered up the sexual activites of its priests, still insists that only one man, one woman can marry. Wiener's real sin may be that he wasn't a very good Congressman, so no one feels obligated to support him against the rabble rousers.
So what your saying is that it's fair to blame Christianity for all of society's problems today. Gotcha.

Weary
2011-06-13, 14:53
So what your saying is that it's fair to blame Christianity for all of society's problems today. Gotcha.
Not really. I was suggesting that what is "moral" changes from generation to generation, and from culture to culture.

MonkeyBoy
2011-06-13, 15:27
Don't know of to many modern cultures that think it is acceptable to screw around on your wife, Weary.......

Methinks you are just toting the party line.

Lugnut
2011-06-13, 15:30
of those that are immoral, which do you think will have decency?

If a teenager did the same thing, and apparently 'sexting' is common then it is a juvenile act but probably not a moral issue. Teens do dumb things, part of the process. If someone is a married adult it then becomes a violation of both vows and trust and is, to my way of thinking, a lack of morals.

dixicritter
2011-06-13, 15:33
Politics AND religion all in one thread... WOW! :damnmate:

Rockhound
2011-06-13, 15:44

Translation: STFU you trolling bastards

Rockhound
2011-06-13, 15:54
Don't know of to many modern cultures that think it is acceptable to screw around on your wife, Weary.......

Methinks you are just toting the party line.
Some Muslim sects condone and even encourage having multiple wives. Some old school Mormons feel the same way. It is accepted practice in most biker gangs (not clubs) although many of the marriages therein are symbolic rather than legal. Polyamory was widespread in the 60s and 70s with married couples often attending "swinger" parties. So MB you are clearly wrong. Yes it may not be acceptable to society on the whole, but it is acceptable and even encouraged among many cultures within our society.
I'll shut up now Dixie.

GGS
2011-06-13, 16:24

Especially since it should be clear to all politicians that if you get caught screwing around it's pretty much the end of your political career. If a politician can't keep that obvious rule straight how well can they possibly do with the rest of the job.

GGS
2011-06-13, 16:26

That way you can kill two threads with one delete button!

Tin Man
2011-06-13, 16:48
That way you can kill two threads with one delete button!

threads don't get killed here... but nasty trolls mysteriously disappear :afraid:

jrwiesz
2011-06-13, 17:38
OK, then it's a lack of, your morals, and not his, obviously.

Mores are set by a society, and can vary greatly from region to region.

What ding-dong did, was pretty much, what one sees in America all too frequently.

It has become a part of our American mores.

JoeyB
2011-06-13, 17:38
Especially since it should be clear to all politicians that if you get caught screwing around it's pretty much the end of your political career. If a politician can't keep that obvious rule straight how well can they possibly do with the rest of the job.

exactly !!!

plus, as someone who puts the females in my life up on a pedestal and treated with respect. (trust me on this one, the benefits FAR outweigh the minimal effort required to do so)
dillweeds like this moron make it even 'harder' to break the ice with someone new who crosses your path, as they add just one more brick in the defensive wall that most females have to 'erect' to ward off the creeps who are out there.

jrwiesz
2011-06-13, 17:45

where's sheepdog?:dontknow:

Hog On Ice
2011-06-13, 17:50
in jail?

jrwiesz
2011-06-13, 17:53
you stfu http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-angry011.gif

this could be the last straw :driver:Tin Man, careful; going off the board, for unofficial smileys, and seeing it both ways, in one thread.

it's like religion and politics.:congrats:

Sierra Echo
2011-06-13, 17:56
Talking about weiners is more fun then talking about religions and politics. However, I'm very happy that I don't have a weiner. They look uncomfortable.

jrwiesz
2011-06-13, 17:58
yup

+1 HOI

Tin Man
2011-06-13, 18:10
this could be the last straw :driver:Tin Man, careful; going off the board, for unofficial smileys, and seeing it both ways, in one thread.

we ain't in kansas here pal. rules are whatever we make them... at least until dixi speaks, then watch out. :afraid:

Kanga
2011-06-13, 18:11
weiner

JoeyB
2011-06-13, 18:19
a pink wiener ???

Hog On Ice
2011-06-13, 18:21
om5xXxGR_iw

I just had to do it

vonfrick
2011-06-13, 20:14

i miss warrghy

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance006.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance006.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance006.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance006.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance004.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance004.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance004.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance004.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance004.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance004.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance004.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance004.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Sierra Echo
2011-06-13, 20:14
weiner

Thats a big weiner!

Tin Man
2011-06-13, 20:16
i miss warrghy

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance006.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance004.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

what about 'plan b'? :albertein

vonfrick
2011-06-13, 20:18
what about 'plan b'? :albertein

think i got stood up :(

Tin Man
2011-06-13, 20:26
think i got stood up :(

plan c then (as in ct) :bandit:

vonfrick
2011-06-13, 20:26
plan c then (as in ct) :bandit:

i thoyught plan c was clyde :albertein

Tin Man
2011-06-13, 20:32
i thoyught plan c was clyde :albertein

you have so many plans, a guy can't keep score... :argh:

jrwiesz
2011-06-13, 20:47
understood at the outset.

Ray
2011-06-13, 21:22
Thats a big weiner!Then it can't be the Representative because from pictures of him & his wife they both could use a couple steak dinners.

Weary
2011-06-13, 22:24
Woo boy.......

Not even gonna touch that one Weary.
I post these things because politics are important. They determine whether our mutiple wars and the millions who died and were injured in those wars did so for a purpose that survived.

I'm appalled by the present state of American politics and what the appalling state possibly means for the future of this nation and the world. We have reached the point where increasingly no one on either side of a critical issue is willing to speak the truth for fear of immediate ouster from office.

Both parties are at fault. Speaking the truth means defeat, so no one speaks the truth anymore. Serious economists are virtually unanimous in saying that had it not been for Obama's rescue of the banking system, the world would now be in one of the most serious depressions in history.

Gingrich's campaign has probably ended because he dared to tell a few truths among his multiple lies. Romney is denying his greatest accomplishment because to cite it means the ignorant will defeat him.

The only two ways to balance the budget and pay off our debts, are to either abolish the military or restore the Reagan and Bush tax cuts. Economists know this. A few of us with the ability to read and think know this. But any politician that says so will be defeated because no one for many years has dared to speak the truth.

Virtually, the entire political establishment would face immediate defeat if they did not condome lies far more deadly than any Weiner has spoken.

Skidsteer
2011-06-13, 22:31
The only two ways to balance the budget and pay off our debts, are to abolish the military or restore the Reagan and Bush tax cuts. Economists know this. A few of us with the ability to read and think know this. But any politician that says so will be defeated because no one for many years has dared to speak the truth.

Virtually, the entire political establishment would face immediate defeat if they did not continue to support lies far more deadly than any Weiner has spoken.

You've managed to surprise me.

Skidsteer
2011-06-13, 22:32
Weiner's still a creep though.

MonkeyBoy
2011-06-13, 23:15
And since abolishing the military is out, as to do that would be the end of the world as we know it, I guess we are only left with one solution then, Weary.......

Thanks for coming around to the Dark Side.

MonkeyBoy
2011-06-13, 23:16
And yes.......paint a pretty picture about how all these other societies deem it o.k. to screw around on your wife, and put a pretty pink bow on it and it still comes down to one thing.

Wiener is a scumbag that cheated on his wife, and if he does that to her, he'd do it to a nobody number in the system like you in a heartbeat.

Tin Man
2011-06-13, 23:28
yep and pot smokers inject heroin. got it.

Skidsteer
2011-06-13, 23:30

I'm beginning to think you're cheating on your wife.

MonkeyBoy
2011-06-13, 23:36

Where did that come from??? Not I.

Gaiter
2011-06-13, 23:52
warning graphic language but funny as hell

3_kVjO7Eujo

oh and even if you don't like bill maher this is still funny,
he isn't making political commentary, they are just reading weiner's text msges...

Tin Man
2011-06-13, 23:52
I'm beginning to think you're cheating on your wife.

i'll send you my shoes

GGS
2011-06-14, 00:08
Talking about weiners is more fun then talking about religions and politics. However, I'm very happy that I don't have a weiner. They look uncomfortable.

The weiner in and of itself is not the problem. It's the abundance of testosterone. And apparently politicians have an "uncontrolled excess"

Two Speed
2011-06-14, 06:44
Morals and whether or not he's broken any laws aside, Weiner may as well face the fact: between his name and his actions he's made himself a gift to comedians and his political career is toast.

Superman
2011-06-14, 08:33
Morals and whether or not he's broken any laws aside, Weiner may as well face the fact: between his name and his actions he's made himself a gift to comedians and his political career is toast.

Rush was saying yesterday that the Weiner should hang in there and not resign.

Two Speed
2011-06-14, 09:21
Speaking as someone who tends to vote Democratic I hope Sarah Palin hangs in there, so yeah, I could see how Rush might go there.

Maybe Palin & Weiner could do a sit com. How about it? The Pale Weiner Show!!!

Gaiter
2011-06-14, 09:22

yeppers...

Gaiter
2011-06-14, 09:23
Rush was saying yesterday that the Weiner should hang in there and not resign.

yes but rush was probably saying that about half his staff too, just sayin'

sheepdog
2011-06-14, 12:40
rush was saying yesterday that the weiner should hang in there and not resign.

hahahahahahahaha

sheepdog
2011-06-14, 12:51
I started this thread because of the funny name, not from a political agenda.

That it has stirred up so much controversy is just a bonus. :aetsch:

Crikey
2011-06-14, 13:23

I'd like to go for the trifecta and ask: If he gets kicked out of Congress, can he still carry a gun?

Hog On Ice
2011-06-14, 13:39
depends if his wife leaves it with him when she chops off his balls

woodsy
2011-06-14, 14:09
depends if his wife leaves it with him when she chops off his balls
And whether or not his weiner had any balls to start with.

sheepdog
2011-06-14, 14:10
Translation: STFU you trolling bastards

zacktly

vonfrick
2011-06-14, 14:47
I'd like to go for the trifecta and ask: If he gets kicked out of Congress, can he still carry a gun?

that's nothing...we still haven't figured out if he uses hiking poles or treats his water

Two Speed
2011-06-14, 15:13
We should call him on his cell phone when he reaches the next shelter and ask him.

Of course, if he has a weiner dog with him that's gonna complicate matters, isn't it?

Ray
2011-06-14, 15:59
We should call him on his cell phone when he reaches the next shelter and ask him.

Of course, if he has a weiner dog with him that's gonna complicate matters, isn't it?Wouldn't any kind of dog he owns be a Weiner dog?

Two Speed
2011-06-14, 16:07
Nice, very nice. Maybe a zen sort of thing, kinda like the sound of one cheek farting?

Kanga
2011-06-14, 16:09

well, he did in the picture. he might not anymore.

Crikey
2011-06-14, 16:29

He lost them fording the Kennebec.

woodsy
2011-06-14, 16:36
He lost them fording the Kennebec.

That would do it ! Especially during snow melt season :afraid:

Tin Man
2011-06-14, 18:29
yes but rush was probably saying that about half his staff too, just sayin'

after all the meds rush got caught doing, he prolly is playing with a half staff

JAK
2011-06-14, 20:39
I think we should cut him a little slack because of his last name.

Skidsteer
2011-06-14, 20:57

I graduated High School with a guy named Mike Hunt. Seriously.

He did not get elected to Congress.

Lone Wolf
2011-06-14, 21:08

and since he's a fuckin left-wing democrat peice of shit also. liberalism is a mental disorder

Nearly Normal
2011-06-14, 21:27

The thing about herion is it is safe regulated and is given to people in terrible pain in other countries. It's suppose to be the best thing for pain known.
.......but pot smokers? Bullshit.
My wife takes marinol for a lot of reasons, mostly chemo. I've seen first hand how much it helps her. Anyone that thinks different is an asshole jerkoff cocksucking political shitheel prick.

Weary
2011-06-14, 21:29
=Nearly Normal;Anyone that thinks different is an asshole jerkoff cocksucking political shitheel prick.
Whatever. Don't get so excited.

Skidsteer
2011-06-14, 21:34

I think you might get excited about pain management if your wife had cancer.

Lone Wolf
2011-06-14, 21:36
The thing about herion is it is safe regulated and is given to people in terrible pain in other countries. It's suppose to be the best thing for pain known.
My wife takes marinol for a lot of reasons, mostly chemo. I've seen first hand how much it helps her. Anyone that thinks different is an asshole jerkoff cocksucking political shitheel prick.

that ain't excitement. it's Nearly Normal speakin' truth. in laymens terms

sheepdog
2011-06-14, 21:37
NN is da man!!

Nearly Normal
2011-06-14, 22:02
Who happened to father one of his slaves children. I recall Strom Thurman did something similar many years later. Had that leaked to the press he would have been ridden out on a rail and never would have been able to do all the good he did while serving decades in office. Including reversing his stand on segregation. I'm just saying people can have some strange dysfunctional personal lives but still perform admirably in their jobs.
Also who is in charge of saying what is moral or immoral? Do we go just by legality? If not then where is the line drawn? Cheating? Sexting? Masturbation? Is Playboy OK but Hustler bad? I know many Christians feel homosexuality is immoral. Should we stop letting gays run for office? Sorry Barney Frank. You're out. I say if Weiner did not break any laws he should be allowed to stay in office and let the people decide if he should be allowed to stick around in the next election. There are much bigger problems to worry about than this Freudian bullshit. If some S&M exhibitionist donkey banging sex addict freak had the answer to world peace I wouldn't be saying, "sorry, world peace would be nice and all but you are just not moral enough for us to accept your solutions"

......and JFK liked nice looking women......so what.

Kanga
2011-06-15, 10:08
liberalism is a mental disorder

it needed to be repeated..

Big Mac
2011-06-15, 10:16
Headline about Weiner on "The Daily" newspaper delivered to my ipad a couple days ago -

SHRINKAGE

Headline the next day -

WEINER IS IN WIFE'S HANDS

I'm starting to really like that paper.

Two Speed
2011-06-15, 10:36
Owwwwwch!!!

Crikey
2011-06-15, 10:37
liberalism is a mental disorder

So then, what is conservatism? Can it be equated to the right wing as liberals are to the left?

JAK
2011-06-15, 10:59
What if you are just pretending to be a liberal for personal gain?

Then its ok right. ;-)

Crikey
2011-06-15, 11:11
Apparently others grapple with this issue:

http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=1635904

Rockhound
2011-06-15, 11:53

Not saying pot would be the best alternative in your situation but it has worked wonders for people suffering from autism to MS to breast cancer(Melisa Ethridge for example) to Parkinsons to glaucoma to migraine sufferers etc... anyone who says pot has no medicinal value is clearly ignorant on the subject and has been brainwashed by the media and the government. As far as recreational use it is far less dangerous than alcohol.

john pickett
2011-06-15, 12:54
"So then, what is conservatism?"
Conservatism is a happy mixture of intelligence and determination to see things as they really are, not as we would simply wish they were.

Rockhound
2011-06-15, 12:58
"So then, what is conservatism?"
Conservatism is a happy mixture of intelligence and determination to see things as they really are, not as we would simply wish they were.

And rather than working towards the latter conservatives choose to exploit the former continuing to make a bad situation worse.

figured you would want the whole definition.

john pickett
2011-06-15, 13:00
"As far as recreational use it is far less dangerous than alcohol."
As a registered Respiratory Therapist, I feel inhaled (smoked) marijuana is horribly detrimental to the lungs; worse than cigarettes. As to marijuana eaten in brownies or other forms on oral ingestion (not smoked) I have no opinion.

Rockhound
2011-06-15, 13:49
"As far as recreational use it is far less dangerous than alcohol."
As a registered Respiratory Therapist, I feel inhaled (smoked) marijuana is horribly detrimental to the lungs; worse than cigarettes. As to marijuana eaten in brownies or other forms on oral ingestion (not smoked) I have no opinion.

No. Not worse than cigarettes.
1) people do not smoke 20, 30, 40 joints a day like they do cigarettes
2) pot does not contain arsenic, formaldehyde, nicotine and the over 500 other chemicals cigarette manufacturers add to their product to keep their customers hooked.
3) pot has no physically addictive properties unlike cigarettes
Yes smoking anything is not good for the lungs. No shit. But pot you can try to argue is as dangerous as cigarettes but to say it is worse than cigarettes illustrates how misinformed you are on the subject. And your a Respiratory Therapist?
Reminds of the lies D.A.R.E. told us when they came to our school when I was in fifth grade. Some memorable ones were, "smoking a joint is like playing Russian Roulette. You may not die the first time or the second but eventually if you smoke pot it will kill you"
and "smoking a single joint is the equivalent of smoking an entire pack of cigarettes" They must still be teaching that one in Resp. Therapy school.

Rockhound
2011-06-15, 14:04
If it makes you feel better though I will agree that pot is more harmful to the lungs than alcohol.
I would also like to mention that pot can also be used to make clothing, paper, rope even fuel without depleting the soil and detracting from a food source like corn. People making billions in the pharmaceutical, paper and fuel industries know this of course and are more than happy to continue spreading lies to the gullible masses to keep them in fear of "the devil weed".

Tin Man
2011-06-15, 14:23
If it makes you feel better though I will agree that pot is more harmful to the lungs than alcohol.

hmmm, never tried inhaling alcohol. what's that like?

Hog On Ice
2011-06-15, 14:39
I've inhaled a lot of alcohol over the years - but I stopped a few years ago

Tin Man
2011-06-15, 14:47
I've inhaled a lot of alcohol over the years - but I stopped a few years ago

did you vaporize it first or just inhale the liquid?

Crikey
2011-06-15, 15:30
When I inhale the liquid I get vaporized.

JAK
2011-06-15, 17:46
Liberals claim to be helping others while helping themselves.
Conservatives claim to be helping others by helping themselves.

JAK
2011-06-15, 17:47
The key to success in life is sincerity.
If you can fake that, the rest is easy.

Superman
2011-06-15, 18:19
The key to success in life is sincerity.
If you can fake that, the rest is easy.

I recon everyone can agree on that.:beer:

sheepdog
2011-06-15, 19:55
Headline about Weiner on "The Daily" newspaper delivered to my ipad a couple days ago -

SHRINKAGE

Headline the next day -

WEINER IS IN WIFE'S HANDS

I'm starting to really like that paper.
New York post had "Obama beats Weiner"

Nearly Normal
2011-06-15, 21:11
Not saying pot would be the best alternative in your situation but it has worked wonders for people suffering from autism to MS to breast cancer(Melisa Ethridge for example) to Parkinsons to glaucoma to migraine sufferers etc... anyone who says pot has no medicinal value is clearly ignorant on the subject and has been brainwashed by the media and the government. As far as recreational use it is far less dangerous than alcohol.

Even doctors say the real thing is better.
I suspect the butter form is probley the best or least harmful. There may not be any harm in it at all.
Marinol is not real pot but it works for her. Theres a lot of missing that may be helpful as well.
The Law on it needed to be changed a long time ago for a lot of reasons.

MonkeyBoy
2011-06-15, 21:23
Saw an article the other day that Nancy Pelosi wanted Weiner to step down.

Thought it would have been funny to read "Nancy Pelosi Wants Weiner Removed"

Lugnut
2011-06-15, 22:23
Even doctors say the real thing is better.
I suspect the butter form is probley the best or least harmful. There may not be any harm in it at all.
Marinol is not real pot but it works for her. Theres a lot of missing that may be helpful as well.
The Law on it needed to be changed a long time ago for a lot of reasons.

My son used the real thing his last couple years. It was one of the few things that gave him any relief so I had no problems about it. It should be legalized for medical use.

Tin Man
2011-06-15, 22:28
Saw an article the other day that Nancy Pelosi wanted Weiner to step down.

Thought it would have been funny to read "Nancy Pelosi Wants Weiner Removed"

betcha that headline was proposed and canned in several newsrooms

she's just upset no one has hit on her :ahhhhh:

sheepdog
2011-06-15, 22:54
My son used the real thing his last couple years. It was one of the few things that gave him any relief so I had no problems about it. It should be legalized for medical use.

It's legal for medical use in Michigan. The problem is crooked docs writing anybody with a $200 consult fee a prescription for a mm Card. It's a joke.

Weary
2011-06-15, 23:14
it needed to be repeated..
Liberalism for most of history has kept this nation a world leader. Liberals have solved virtually all of our crises. So called conservatives have solved none. When the crises come, they agree with the liberals just long enough for them to solve what's going wrong. Then they return to their mantras.

As near as I can tell, Conservatives most important role over the decades has been to stand aside while liberals rescue us, and then, jump in with their criticism.

Weary
2011-06-15, 23:22
All true, I suspect. But I'm not a good witness. I've puffed from time to time, to be a good companion. But since I had quit tobacco years earlier, like Bill Clinton, I rarely had been able to inhale, so the impact ranged from moderate to none existent.

Tin Man
2011-06-15, 23:30
Liberalism for most of history has kept this nation a world leader. Liberals have solved virtually all of our crises. So called conservatives have solved none. When the crises come, they agree with the liberals just long enough for them to solve what's going wrong. Then they return to their mantras.

As near as I can tell, Conservatives most important role over the decades has been to stand aside while liberals rescue us, and then, jump in with their criticism.

liberals hide behind marines during battle, else they'd all be dead

MonkeyBoy
2011-06-16, 00:39

Really????

How many Democrats have started our wars versus Republicans?

Weary
2011-06-16, 01:01
Really????

How many Democrats have started our wars versus Republicans?
I haven't checked lately. Nor does it matter. Are you suggesting that Roosevelt should have surrendered when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor.

Viet Nam began as a Democratic mistake. It was carried on by Nixon for five years after we were defeated. Nixon resorted to a break in so he could win reelection, and keep the war going.

All the current wars were started by Republicans.

MonkeyBoy
2011-06-16, 01:20
Really? Libya was started by Republicans?

And who is keeping Iraq and Afghanistan going right now?

Who is threatening Yemen and Syria right now?

Who is mucking it up in Israel right now?

Who is spending money like a drunken sailor on shore leave right now?

Who is spending money so fast they have to raise the debt ceiling right now?

Who is cutting jobs and technology by shutting down NASA right now?

Who is blaming our loss of jobs on ATM machines right now?

Who was playing golf when the Gulf Oil Spill occurred, then blamed it on BP and then later finds out it was no fault of BP's because the cap was put in as regulated right now?

Who was out having dinner with the Royals and drinking beer in Irish pubs when massive tornados ripped through Alabama right now?

give me a break......

Tin Man
2011-06-16, 05:27
i like eggs

Superman
2011-06-16, 07:08
i haven't checked lately. Nor does it matter. Are you suggesting that roosevelt should have surrendered when the japanese attacked pearl harbor.

Viet nam began as a democratic mistake. It was carried on by nixon for five years after we were defeated. Nixon resorted to a break in so he could win reelection, and keep the war going.

All the current wars were started by republicans.

lmao

Hog On Ice
2011-06-16, 08:20
-20 for politics

vonfrick
2011-06-16, 08:22
-20 for politics

there are soooooo many political forums, why yell at each other on a hiking site??? :albertein

it kind of aleinates other people, of any persuasion, and its :boring:

woodsy
2011-06-16, 08:27
it kind of aleinates other people, of any persuasion, and its :boring:

But it allows some people to show how ignorant they really are .

dixicritter
2011-06-16, 09:13
Take the politics to a politics forum... this is Hiking HQ

We really don't want to have to start closing threads down, but we will.

Rockhound
2011-06-16, 09:24
Other unfortunate names. Dick Trickle of nascar fame. I knew a girl named Candice (Candy) Kane who was not a stripper (at least not yet) and my grandparents had a neighbor named Heywood Jablome.

Russell
2011-06-16, 09:50
I went to school with a girl named Anita Bone. True.

Superman
2011-06-16, 09:57
I know a guy named Dick Curly.

Weary
2011-06-16, 10:28
Really? Libya was started by Republicans?

And who is keeping Iraq and Afghanistan going right now?

Who is threatening Yemen and Syria right now?

Who is mucking it up in Israel right now?

Who is spending money like a drunken sailor on shore leave right now?

Who is spending money so fast they have to raise the debt ceiling right now?

Who is cutting jobs and technology by shutting down NASA right now?

Who is blaming our loss of jobs on ATM machines right now?

Who was playing golf when the Gulf Oil Spill occurred, then blamed it on BP and then later finds out it was no fault of BP's because the cap was put in as regulated right now?

Who was out having dinner with the Royals and drinking beer in Irish pubs when massive tornados ripped through Alabama right now?

give me a break......
Libya is a minor skirmish, of the kind carried out by all Presidents. It pales in significance compared with Reagan's invasion of Granada with US Marines.

Wars can not be turned on or off at the whims of a president. Both the Iraq and Afganistan wars were started by George Bush. Iraq was invaded based on lies and deliberately sloppy intelligence. Obama is bringing it to a reasonably responsible end. Combat troops are being removed. All troops are on schedule to be removed soon. Had Bush concentrated on Afganistan, where the 9-11 terrorists were being sheltered, that war would have been over years ago. Obama is best. I find it interesting that conservatives who applauded his expansion of that war, are now using it to attack him.

Aside from timid efforts at universal medical care, the money that Obama is spending is aimed at preventing the serious recession left behind by Bush from slumping into modern version of the 1929 depression.

Except when Bill Clinton created a balanced budget, every recent admistration has lived on borrowed money. The debt limit has to be raised periodically as a result. Until the recent spending needed to avert a depression, Reagan and Bush 2 were the record borrowers.

Do you really think that Obama's golf game caused the Gulf oil spill and sharing a beer with the Royals resulted in the tornadoes that damaged the midwest and parts of the south? That seems a bit far fetched to me.

vonfrick
2011-06-16, 10:37

just sayin'

Hog On Ice
2011-06-16, 10:38
STFU Weary about the political BS

Gaiter
2011-06-16, 10:47
i knew a Mary Christmas

sheepdog
2011-06-16, 11:04

please close my thread down Dixi.

dixicritter
2011-06-16, 11:05
please close my thread down Dixi.

As you wish....