PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle for a GA section hike

urbansix
2011-06-02, 22:08
I am starting to look for a shuttle or ride from Thunder Rock campground in TN to Springer or (possibly Amicalola SP if that makes it easier/cheaper). On or around the 28th of June. Any suggestions? I used Survivor Dave before and will probably give him a call, but wanted to see about options.

Cuffs
2011-06-03, 08:59
Curiuos as to why you didn't go straight to Survivor Dave?

Tin Man
2011-06-06, 19:58
he was prolly trolling for the Tin Man Shuttle :albertein

sheepdog
2011-06-06, 20:19
he was prolly trolling for the Tin Man Shuttle :albertein

not to be confused with the RHP one way ride :ahhhhh:

urbansix
2011-06-23, 21:06
I did talk to Survivor Dave...It was kind of weird. As soon as I said where the pick-up was going to be (Thunder Rock Campground, TN) he cut me off with "the BMT? That's not me. Give this other guy a call..." and gives me the number of some guy out of North Carolina, be sure to mention my name, bye bye. I didn't even get to mentioning the drop off point (Springer....) or dates. I guess he was thinking Smokies, but I figured Ducktown to Springer would be right in his territory. I've used him before, and everything was pretty cool. Oh well. I did find a shuttle from somebody on here, so it all worked out.

Superman
2011-06-23, 21:09
I did talk to Survivor Dave...It was kind of weird. As soon as I said where the pick-up was going to be (Thunder Rock Campground, TN) he cut me off with "the BMT? That's not me. Give this other guy a call..." and gives me the number of some guy out of North Carolina, be sure to mention my name, bye bye. I didn't even get to mentioning the drop off point (Springer....) or dates. I guess he was thinking Smokies, but I figured Ducktown to Springer would be right in his territory. I've used him before, and everything was pretty cool. Oh well. I did find a shuttle from somebody on here, so it all worked out.

That's a nice hike.