PDA

View Full Version : Hiking the AP

PNWHiker
2003-06-22, 04:17
So I'm just wondering, how long does it take to hike the AP? I know it takes around 6 months to hike the PCT but I am not sure how long the AP is. I tend to feel like it might be alot different too, based on something I read regarding how quickly you can get to civilization. You can go on a dayhike out here and be too far away for help! Being originally from the East Coast, it's funny, before I moved to the PNW, I never knew anyone hiked. I can tell you it is BIG BIG out here though!

youngblood
2003-06-22, 09:20
Originally posted by PNWHiker
So I'm just wondering, how long does it take to hike the AP? I know it takes around 6 months to hike the PCT but I am not sure how long the AP is. I tend to feel like it might be alot different too, based on something I read regarding how quickly you can get to civilization. You can go on a dayhike out here and be too far away for help! Being originally from the East Coast, it's funny, before I moved to the PNW, I never knew anyone hiked. I can tell you it is BIG BIG out here though!

I know the PCT is the Pacific Crest Trail and figured out that PNW is Pacific North West, but AP, that one has me wondering. What does AP stand for?

cldphoto
2003-06-23, 23:08
The Associated Press trail?

dixicritter
2003-06-24, 10:33
LMAO

PNWHiker
2003-06-25, 03:17
That would be the Appalachian Path, didn't realize it qualified as an actual trail.

chief
2003-06-25, 09:05
Originally posted by PNWHiker
That would be the Appalachian Path, didn't realize it qualified as an actual trail.
Aren't we clever!