PDA

View Full Version : Big Cat Tale

Tin Man
2011-06-13, 20:48
http://www.newstimes.com/news/article/New-mountain-lion-sightings-being-investigated-by-1421512.php

don't know what to make of a big cat sighting in Greenwich, CT then a few days later one is killed by a car in Milford, CT some 40 miles away and at least one major bridge crossing. wtf?

sheepdog
2011-06-13, 20:54
The DNR denies everything. If there wasn't a dead cat they would deny it. We have the big cats in Michigan. My wife and I saw one once. There was also a couple horses that got attacked. Despite pictures and witness testimony they still deny and are only recently coming around.

Tin Man
2011-06-13, 20:56
they are calling our dead cat, a captive one that got out...

Skidsteer
2011-06-13, 20:58
The DNR denies everything. If there wasn't a dead cat they would deny it. We have the big cats in Michigan. My wife and I saw one once. There was also a couple horses that got attacked. Despite pictures and witness testimony they still deny and are only recently coming around.

I and my entire family saw one in Ohio when I was a teenager.

I don't get why DNR's routinely dismiss cougar sightings. They act like people saw a UFO or Bigfoot or something.

Sierra Echo
2011-06-13, 20:59
HA! I would hate to give that big bastard a flea treatment!

Skidsteer
2011-06-13, 21:00
I don't reckon he'd like it much either.

Cuffs
2011-06-13, 21:04
Black bears only regularly inhabit lower Alabama. They found and tranquilized a wild one 3 miles from downtown Birmingham last week. Last time a bear was found in an urban area in Alabama, people and police freaked and killed it.
Best they can figure they do pass thru on their way from FL, LA and lower AL on their way to TN and places north.

At least they admit they are here on occasion.

vonfrick
2011-06-13, 21:23
nothing's quite as dangerous as a cow though...except maybe some dumass cop with a taser

http://www.necn.com/06/10/11/Cow-Tasered-by-police-in-NH/landing_newengland.html?blockID=534085&feedID=4206

Tin Man
2011-06-13, 21:26
nothing's quite as dangerous as a cow though...except maybe some dumass cop with a taser

http://www.necn.com/06/10/11/Cow-Tasered-by-police-in-NH/landing_newengland.html?blockID=534085&feedID=4206

good thing kanga wasn't around to witness that... :afraid:

sheepdog
2011-06-13, 21:59
they keep cows in with an electric fence, they load cows up with an electronic cattle prod. I usually ride with the cops and still do in this case.

Although I could be wrong, maybe.....:albertein :ahhhhh:

Tin Man
2011-06-13, 22:07
i think prodding cattle is a little less abusive than the taser... but i could be wrong... we should leave this for the expert... kanga, where are you? us dumbasses will never get it right :argh:

Cuffs
2011-06-13, 22:10
Been tazed. Don't do it. Trust me on this one.

sheepdog
2011-06-13, 22:13
Been tazed. Don't do it. Trust me on this one.

I took the ride too. Don't recommend it.

Tin Man
2011-06-13, 22:14
i screwed a light bulb into a live socket while standing barefoot in water... don't recommend that one either...

Skidsteer
2011-06-13, 22:25
We were pressed for time last week doing an equipment changeover in a hospital. We had a hard deadline so I wired the panel while my buddy(the master electrician)wired the radio cabinet.

I asked him to check my work before we fired it up because there is a lot of paperwork when you fry a cell site.

He reached under the breaker to see if the wires were tight in the lugs and made full contact with one leg of of the buss.

Bless his heart.

Sierra Echo
2011-06-13, 22:29
We were pressed for time last week doing an equipment changeover in a hospital. We had a hard deadline so I wired the panel while my buddy(the master electrician)wired the radio cabinet.

I asked him to check my work before we fired it up because there is a lot of paperwork when you fry a cell site.

He reached under the breaker to see if the wires were tight in the lugs and made full contact with one leg of of the buss.

Bless his heart.

I will never check your work for you!

Hikerhead
2011-06-13, 22:40
I touched an electric fence one time just for the hell of it. My hat flew about 10 yards away. That SOB hurt!

Hog On Ice
2011-06-13, 22:46
not nearly so bad as pissing on it - ummmm take my word on that

Gaiter
2011-06-13, 22:51
nothing wrong with an occasioal 120v, but after a guy nearly gave me 400amps (208v), he was left crying when i had words with him, he'll never make that mistake again...

Sierra Echo
2011-06-13, 22:51
not nearly so bad as pissing on it - ummmm take my word on that

The did that on mythbusters. But they had the guy who pissed on it hooked up to a heart monitor. The monitor did a HUGE spike when the guy got shocked!

sheepdog
2011-06-14, 06:29
The did that on mythbusters. But they had the guy who pissed on it hooked up to a heart monitor. The monitor did a HUGE spike when the guy got shocked!

talk about a hold my sign moment.:afraid:

Two Speed
2011-06-14, 06:54
. . . the guy who pissed on it hooked up to a heart monitor . . . OK, I'm all hung up that. Was there anyone with more than a room temperature IQ that was surprised that a sensitive electrical instrument registered a spike when dipstick peed on an electric fence?

And this passes for entertainment? Maybe I'm the judgmental type but this strikes me as just one more reason to never bother getting cable or satellite.

Sierra Echo
2011-06-14, 08:42
OK, I'm all hung up that. Was there anyone with more than a room temperature IQ that was surprised that a sensitive electrical instrument registered a spike when dipstick peed on an electric fence?

And this passes for entertainment? Maybe I'm the judgmental type but this strikes me as just one more reason to never bother getting cable or satellite.

Actually there was more to it then that. The first time they tried to bust the myth the guy didn't get shocked. So they said it was not possible. Well they got a LOT of feedback from people who told them they had gotten shocked. So they decided to do it again. The heart monitor was used to see if there was a shock if the guy didnt feel one again. The guy felt it this time! LOL

Superman
2011-06-14, 08:52
should be....big cat tail....just sayin:angel:

Kanga
2011-06-14, 09:35
stupid fucking police. it just shocks me that they have managed to get themselves the nickname of "pigs". seriously shocked. i don't use an electric prod on my cattle either. i don't have to. only angry trash pieces of shit shock an animal because they're too incompetent to get the animal to accept their commands any other way.

Two Speed
2011-06-14, 09:40
Actually there was more to it then that . . . The guy felt it this time! LOLSo they found a retard stupid enough to pee on an electric fence twice? And this makes the whole situation better how?

SleepsWithSkunks
2011-06-14, 09:56
Had a dumbass lab partner in a physics lab discharge a capacitor into my hand while I was checking wires during a galvinometer experiment. Knocked me 5 feet off my lab stool. Made the other 18 people in the lab stop and watch while I picked myself up, walked over and popped my partner right in the mouth, and request either a new partner or to work alone. I worked alone after that.

As to the big cat story....When I work up in the Adirondacks in NY , I got to watch wildlife officials release 8 lynx into the wild as a re-population effort. Gads they are gorgeous cats!!!!

Cuffs
2011-06-14, 11:02
stupid fucking police. it just shocks me that they have managed to get themselves the nickname of "pigs". seriously shocked. i don't use an electric prod on my cattle either. i don't have to. only angry trash pieces of shit shock an animal because they're too incompetent to get the animal to accept their commands any other way.

The 'pig' moniker dates back to the 1500's and was used as a term for people who are disliked. Theres lots of pigs out there, some of which happen to be police officers.

I will admit that the police are not that worldly when it comes to wildlife issues. They killed a black bear a few years back in N. AL fearing it was going to 'attack and kill someone.' According to its tracking device, it was a bear that had traveled from FL and was most likely passing thru on its way to TN... dumbass cops killed it before Wildlife officers were notified and would have just relocated it...

sheepdog
2011-06-14, 13:49
Why is it that the people who had the cows by a busy road; who didn't have a proper fence; who supposedly know how to handle cattle; yet let their cow get away and can not capture it, are not pigs.

While the guys who are looking out for public safety; trying to keep cars from hitting said cow, are not trained in dealing with cattle and do the best they can, are the pigs. :albertein

cool breeze
2011-06-14, 14:09
Every red blooded american male should know about tipping cows.

Russell
2011-06-14, 15:32

:beer:

Kanga
2011-06-14, 16:07
Why is it that the people who had the cows by a busy road; who didn't have a proper fence; who supposedly know how to handle cattle; yet let their cow get away and can not capture it, are not pigs.

While the guys who are looking out for public safety; trying to keep cars from hitting said cow, are not trained in dealing with cattle and do the best they can, are the pigs. :albertein

because the stupid shits that couldn't contain their cows weren't shocking the hell out of it. now, had the police tasered the dumbasses, i wouldn't have said a thing. in fact, i would have probably applauded. however, the fucking cops were shocking the only participants whose fault it wasn't. that answer good enough for you?:albertein

sheepdog
2011-06-14, 17:04
because the stupid shits that couldn't contain their cows weren't shocking the hell out of it. now, had the police tasered the dumbasses, i wouldn't have said a thing. in fact, i would have probably applauded. however, the fucking cops were shocking the only participants whose fault it wasn't. that answer good enough for you?:albertein

nope, but I still love you. :adore:

Sierra Echo
2011-06-14, 19:45
I got the hell shocked out of me repeatedly for 20 minutes today.
Now I know how a cow feels. Those Physical Therapists are all crazy!

Nearly Normal
2011-06-14, 21:53

.......or not pissing on the spark plug when the lawn mower is running.

Tin Man
2011-06-14, 22:34

18% good? 'i'll take my filet medium rare, please'

Big Mac
2011-06-15, 00:43

They do in Indiana.

Elder
2011-06-15, 00:49
But those who really know, know it only works on sleeping cows. :albertein

Bearpaw
2011-06-17, 12:36
Cow tipping is a good way to get shot where I grew up. You can seriously injure a cow that way.

Only saw a mountain lion one time. It was bounding away from a group of us in the Absarokas. Breathtaking how big that joker was.

mudhead
2011-06-18, 11:22
I and my entire family saw one in Ohio when I was a teenager.

I don't get why DNR's routinely dismiss cougar sightings. They act like people saw a UFO or Bigfoot or something.

Try building/doing something if a species under protection exists there.

If I saw a cougar or a print here, I am not sure who would get the call, but it would not be a government entity.

Superman
2011-06-18, 11:28
Try building/doing something if a species under protection exists there.

If I saw a cougar or a print here, I am not sure who would get the call, but it would not be a government entity.

I'd call CSETI.

mudhead
2011-06-18, 21:03
I am sure they have a presence on this island. Seem to have every other kind.

At least in the Summer.

You like that mutt shot I saved for you?