not eggs that do or don't need filtering :albertein
not eggs that run on and on :embarasse
not eggs that are cooked on one side only :damnmate:

i like eggs. it's what's for breakfast... :hello:

http://www.beembee.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/eggs-600x450.jpg

now, i will shuddup for awhile to focus on eggs :cheers:

Rockhound
2011-06-16, 09:10
Fried eggs, sunny side up, over easy, over medium, over hard, poached eggs, scrambled eggs, eggs Benedict, eggs Florentine, hard boiled eggs, soft boiled eggs, 3 minute eggs, Easter eggs, western omelets, cheese omelets................

MonkeyBoy
2011-06-16, 09:35
Omelete du fromage......

Which is actually Omelette au fromage....

Rockhound
2011-06-16, 09:39
I was just thinking, would eggs Benedict be considered political?

Superman
2011-06-16, 10:12
I like good eggs.

JERMM
2011-06-16, 10:24
Easter eggs are my favorite

Hog On Ice
2011-06-16, 10:36
do you like egg in your beer?

Gaiter
2011-06-16, 10:46
do you like egg in your beer?

nah but i like it ramen...

Ewker
2011-06-16, 10:50
http://thecreativejunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/funny_egg_expression.jpg

Gaiter
2011-06-16, 10:55
http://manandinduction.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/6a00d834515c4369e200e5536ce6f58833-800wi.jpg

sheepdog
2011-06-16, 11:08
sometimes I like green eggs and ham

I really like them sam I am.

Russell
2011-06-16, 11:14
I love Dixi!

sheepdog
2011-06-16, 11:24
I love Dixi!

Does she cook eggs??

dixicritter
2011-06-16, 11:27
Only way I know how to cook eggs is scrambled. LOL

sheepdog
2011-06-16, 11:32
be right over

GGS
2011-06-16, 11:58
Fried eggs, sunny side up, over easy, over medium, over hard, poached eggs, scrambled eggs, eggs Benedict, eggs Florentine, hard boiled eggs, soft boiled eggs, 3 minute eggs, Easter eggs, western omelets, cheese omelets................

Eggsactly!

Cuffs
2011-06-16, 12:02
I make a great omelet! Maybe I'll treat yall at soruck... If youre lucky!

Hog On Ice
2011-06-16, 12:24
getting lucky at the ruck? - never happen

Gaiter
2011-06-16, 12:25

you forgot eggs in a basket:aetsch:

Hog On Ice
2011-06-16, 12:29
oh - you mean that weird dish where you punch holes in some bread huh?

Crikey
2011-06-16, 12:53
Only way I know how to cook eggs is scrambled. LOL

Mountain Moma!

Rockhound
2011-06-16, 13:01
It has no key nor latch nor lid but inside a golden treasure is hid.

vonfrick
2011-06-16, 13:04
arrrrrr...no key nor latch nor lid you see but inside a golden treasure be

there i fixed it for ya'....for some reason it sounds better as a pirate

sheepdog
2011-06-16, 13:31
there i fixed it for ya'....for some reason it sounds better as a pirate

bilbo is now a pirate??? arghhhhh!

sheepdog
2011-06-16, 13:37
two fried eggs on top of corned beef hash, covered with sausage gravy.

The quadruple by-pass breakfast.

oh and bacon, lots of bacon

JoeyB
2011-06-16, 19:21
http://s2.postimage.org/wjo129hju/1285411736931.jpg

JoeyB
2011-06-16, 19:23
http://s2.postimage.org/wjoj96azz/1286862570032.jpg

Spogatz
2011-06-16, 23:32
Dem some gud lukin eggs.....

Gaiter
2011-06-16, 23:53
moonshine sent this one to me a couple weeks ago:

The chicken and the egg r laying in bed. The chicken is smoking a cigarette with
a satisfied smile on it's face, while the egg is frowning and looking annoyed.
The egg muttered 'well guess that answers that riddle'

Weary
2011-06-17, 00:23
oh - you mean that weird dish where you punch holes in some bread huh?
Well, I certainly like eggs. One can color them, eat them, make grandkids and spouses happy with what you can do with them. Why once I even imagined the difficulty of putting them back together if they happen to fall off a wall or off a kitchen counter onto the kitchen floor.

But I've never found that they make a very interesting internet thread.

vonfrick
2011-06-17, 00:26
But I've never found that they make a very interesting internet thread.

just monkeyboy's way of saying, "how 'bout them red sox?" to change the subject

what tin man's purpose was, one can only wonder

Tin Man
2011-06-17, 04:20
not political eggs :ridinghor
not entitled eggs :motz:
not eggs that do or don't need filtering :albertein
not eggs that run on and on :embarasse
not eggs that are cooked on one side only :damnmate:

i like eggs. it's what's for breakfast... :hello:

just monkeyboy's way of saying, "how 'bout them red sox?" to change the subject

what tin man's purpose was, one can only wonder

too deep for ya? let me highlight the salient subjects

Superman
2011-06-17, 04:49
too deep for ya? let me highlight the salient subjects

It is inscrutable.:ahhhhh:

Hog On Ice
2011-06-17, 07:13
well I for one think talking about eggs is better than quotes from Princess Bride

Skidsteer
2011-06-17, 07:30
well I for one think talking about eggs is better than quotes from Princess Bride

Inconceivable!

sheepdog
2011-06-17, 09:27
are there rocks up ahead?

rhjanes
2011-06-17, 10:40
breakfast for dinner.....yuuummmmmmmm

Russell
2011-06-17, 10:52

I watched that movie this week just so I know what y'll are talking about.

Yea, I know.

But I will let someone else say it.

MonkeyBoy
2011-06-17, 10:57
I watched that movie this week just so I know what y'll are talking about.

Yea, I know.

But I will let someone else say it.

So what did you think about it?

Weary
2011-06-17, 11:20
Then, of course, there are trails one might post about. I saw the shell of what I think was a robin's egg while doing a belated spring check of a town land trust trail that goes around a 200 foot wide beaver flowage. The bog bridging is staying in place despite heavy late spring rains. But it's obscured by marsh grass. Unfortunately, my weed whacker has stopped working and the repair shop failed in an attempt to fix it. They said its working fine. It does for about a minute and then it shuts off.

I know this is not very exciting news. But then neither has been the discourse on eggs. Our land trust spring newsletter came off the press this morning. I labeled it "early summer" because it won't be delivered until a day or two before summer and I don't want our members to think I'm getting slow. The lead story announces that the guy who headed the state's "Land for Maine's Future" program will speak at our annual meeting. The program helped us buy 114 acres that includes the beaver flowage and a wild pond. I won't say why he quit, but a new administration has taken over opposed to bond issues -- even those that finance land acquisitions that our kids and grandkids can enjoy. He now is president of the largest Maine-based land trust so acquisition of protected land will continue -- though a bit diminished.

Cuffs
2011-06-17, 11:32
:hmmmm2:

vonfrick
2011-06-17, 12:09

if there are, we'll all be dead!

D'Artagnan
2011-06-17, 12:21
http://sidesalad.net/archives/DebbieDownerRachaelDratch.jpg

Bearpaw
2011-06-17, 12:24

if there are, we'll all be dead!

No more rhyming! I mean it!

vonfrick
2011-06-17, 13:19
No more rhyming! I mean it!

anybody wanna peanut?

:rofl::rofl::rofl: it never gets old

Hog On Ice
2011-06-17, 14:01
orange orange orange

Cuffs
2011-06-17, 14:04
purple purple purple

Hog On Ice
2011-06-17, 14:05
pink pink pink pink orange

Cuffs
2011-06-17, 14:10
with angst, i plead the fifth

sheepdog
2011-06-17, 14:29
anybody wanna peanut?

:rofl::rofl::rofl: it never gets old

nope it doesn't

unless you're an old curmudgeon, who's been mostly dead all day.

or fallen for one of the worlds greatest blunders.

Superman
2011-06-17, 14:37
nope it doesn't

Hey...no political stuff.:angel:

saimyoji
2011-06-17, 14:47
with angst, i plead the fifth

its a little early for me, but I'll be pleading the fifth later tonite...:beer:

sheepdog
2011-06-17, 14:49
Hey...no political stuff.:angel:

Hey I've got my wife to kill, a war to start and need to blame them both on Gildaland, I don't have time for this.

Weary
2011-06-17, 14:50
nope it doesn't

Are you saying that buying land for trails and protecting land so that trails can exist is a blunder? If so, the Appalachian Trail is a blunder, at least the Maine portion. Except for the few miles in Baxter State Park, it's all on state or federal lands acquired in the past 40 years. Baxter was acquired in the 1930s through the 1950s by a private buyer and given to the state for its perpetual protection, since he was even older than I am when he completed his monumental effort.

Superman
2011-06-17, 14:50
Hey I've got my wife to kill, a war to start and need to blame them both on Gildaland, I don't have time for this.

It's good that your priorities are clear.:beer:

sheepdog
2011-06-17, 14:51
Are you saying that buying land for trails and protecting land so that trails can exist is a blunder?

Obviously you have never been lost in the Fire Swap pursued by RUS's.

Weary
2011-06-17, 15:02
Obviously you have never been lost in the Fire Swap pursued by RUS's.
I don't even know what you are talking about --- a "fire swap", "RUS"?

sheepdog
2011-06-17, 15:07
I don't even know what you are talking about --- a "fire swap", "RUS"?

you know exactly what I'm talking about.

I saw you laughing while I was struggling in the lightning sand.:argh:

Superman
2011-06-17, 15:09
you know exactly what I'm talking about.

I saw you laughing while I was struggling in the lightning sand.:argh:

Did you just call Weary obtuse?

sheepdog
2011-06-17, 15:14
Did you just call Weary obtuse?

the only way this will end is when we each drink from our glasses.

Kanga
2011-06-17, 15:33
the only way this will end is when we each drink from our glasses.

to the pain, then.

sheepdog
2011-06-17, 15:36
to the pain, then.

I'm not sure I'm familiar with that term.

:fight: :fight: :fight:

Tin Man
2011-06-17, 16:48
even eggs are political,
not to be critical,
but who knew,
that eggs could turn into such a stew?

Rockhound
2011-06-17, 20:33
when speaking of eggs
one should not have to beg
to keep your posts somewhat tame
for with eggs nothing is controversial
Except for one commercial
that compares a fried egg to my brain

Bearpaw
2011-06-18, 00:56
nope it doesn't

Are you saying that buying land for trails and protecting land so that trails can exist is a blunder? If so, the Appalachian Trail is a blunder, at least the Maine portion. Except for the few miles in Baxter State Park, it's all on state or federal lands acquired in the past 40 years. Baxter was acquired in the 1930s through the 1950s by a private buyer and given to the state for its perpetual protection, since he was even older than I am when he completed his monumental effort.

No, no, there are number of classic blunders, the most well known of which is never get into a land war in Asia, but only slightly well known is never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

LfWDilXZQEo

You've gotta bone up on The Princess Bride or you're going to miss out on a lot from this crowd.

Rockhound
2011-06-18, 08:39
Dixie will be pissed
when she sees what she missed
politics on a thread about eggs
When she gets online
y'all better hide
or else you'll end up dead.

Weary
2011-06-18, 10:34
....You've gotta bone up on The Princess Bride or you're going to miss out on a lot from this crowd.
Well, I watched the trailer. It didn't seem to have much to do with building and maintaining trails, or the survival of our nation, my twin concerns these days. So I don't plan on watching the movie. I have to ration my time. I maybe only have a couple of decades left before I get old.

sheepdog
2011-06-18, 10:53
Well, I watched the trailer. It didn't seem to have much to do with building and maintaining trails, or the survival of our nation, my twin concerns these days. So I don't plan on watching the movie. I have to ration my time. I maybe only have a couple of decades left before I get old.

you gotta learn to diversify my friend.

Crikey
2011-06-18, 22:45

Inconceivable!

Crikey
2011-06-18, 22:48
You've gotta bone up on The Princess Bride or you're going to miss out on a lot from this crowd.

I managed a movie theatre in college, this was one of the first films I booked. I've seen it so many times - and I still enjoy it.

Skidsteer
2011-06-18, 22:50

Get some rest. If you haven't got your health, then you haven't got anything.

Weary
2011-06-18, 23:16
Get some rest. If you haven't got your health, then you haven't got anything.
Rest is easy. The only way for us older folks to preserve our health is to keep busy. I attended my 65th high school class reunion, last weekend. With one or two exceptions, my class mates all looked, talked, and acted their age, or older. Except for one really old guy who joined the World War II Army as a sophomore, and came back in time to graduate with the class of 46, we were all 82 or early 83. Only one person struck me as still active enough to be able to seriously walk our primitive land trust trails through the woods.

MonkeyBoy
2011-06-20, 12:44
Rest is easy. The only way for us older folks to preserve our health is to keep busy. I attended my 65th high school class reunion, last weekend. With one or two exceptions, my class mates all looked, talked, and acted their age, or older. Except for one really old guy who joined the World War II Army as a sophomore, and came back in time to graduate with the class of 46, we were all 82 or early 83. Only one person struck me as still active enough to be able to seriously walk our primitive land trust trails through the woods.

So you're saying they were already "mostly dead"???

sheepdog
2011-06-20, 14:01
So you're saying they were already "mostly dead"???

but mostly dead, means partly alive

sheepdog
2011-06-20, 14:02
Heeeey!!

Hello in there. What ya got to live for??

Elder
2011-06-20, 14:41
ttTrrrrruuuuullooovvvee.....

Bearpaw
2011-06-20, 16:40
ttTrrrrruuuuullooovvvee.....

You're not fooling any body. You clearly said "To blaive" which means "to bluff". You can't trust a pirate.

vonfrick
2011-06-20, 18:28
liar!!!liar!!!

Skidsteer
2011-06-20, 19:00
liar!!!liar!!!

Get back, witch!

Kanga
2011-06-20, 20:06
that's not a witch that's your wife!

Weary
2011-06-20, 20:08
Heeeey!!

Hello in there. What ya got to live for??
As long as one is active and thinking, there is a lot to live for. Without those abilities, nothing.

Age takes its toll, but I still see more useful things I might do, if I have the time. At the moment I have too much to do. A garden, spring trail inspections and work, and a battle over how to dredge the Kennebec to allow a shipyard to deliver a warship to the Navy without damaging the livelihoods of 40 clam diggers.

Political realities favor the shipyard. It's 5,000 skilled shipyard workers versus 40 guys who dig in the mud for a livelihood. My contention is that with a bit of compromise both could win.

I've faced similar odds before. A half century ago it was a debate over whether the paper industry needed to continue polluting the Kennebec, the Androscoggin, the Penobscot at Millininocket south, and other Maine rivers in order to protect 15,000 paper mill jobs -- jobs that thanks to unions were the best paying jobs in Maine.

I wrote scores of stories for the newspapers I worked for, out lining the various positions. The clean water advocates won. Maine passed the first comprehensive water clean up laws in the nation in 1962 or there abouts.

Rather than leaving Maine, as the the owners promised if the Legislature persisted in favoring clean waters, they doubled their mill capacity in the process of building treatment plants for their polluting wastes.

This is a very complex issue. I could write a book about that long ago battle -- and its sometimes unintended consequences. But I'm too busy -- and perhaps too old for such a chore now. The rivers, however, became clean, well cleaner. Shellfishing returned to the tidal flats below my home. No newspaper any longer wants to air my thoughts. I mumble them, instead, at legislative hearings, and usually lose. But I'm still hoping that our sometimes maligned Environmental Protection Agency will veto the Legislature's action, once it reads my testimony.

Even greater surprises happened in 1962. This is not a political post. It's just a discussion of an important issue, and I happened to have reported the debate a half century ago, so it remains vivid in my mind.

john pickett
2011-06-20, 20:25
Weary, I salute you for your work, past and present. I don't agree with some of what you say, but I will cheerfully defend your right to say it.
Best wishes for the future.

sheepdog
2011-06-20, 20:27
As long as one is active and thinking, there is a lot to live for. Without those abilities, nothing.

Age takes its toll, but I still see more useful things I might do, if I have the time. At the moment I have too much to do. A garden, spring trail inspections and work, and a battle over how to dredge the Kennebec to allow a shipyard to deliver a warship to the Navy without damaging the livelihoods of 40 clam diggers.

Political realities favor the shipyard. It's 5,000 skilled shipyard workers versus 40 guys who dig in the mud for a livelihood. My contention is that with a bit of compromise both could win.

I've faced similar odds before. A half century ago it was a debate over whether the paper industry needed to continue polluting the Kennebec, the Androscoggin, the Penobscot at Millininocket south, and other Maine rivers in order to protect 15,000 paper mill jobs -- jobs that thanks to unions were the best paying jobs in Maine.

I wrote scores of stories for the newspapers I worked for, out lining the various positions. The clean water advocates won. Maine passed the first comprehensive water clean up laws in the nation in 1962 or there abouts.

Rather than leaving Maine, as the the owners promised if the Legislature persisted in favoring clean waters, they doubled their mill capacity in the process of building treatment plants for their polluting wastes.

This is a very complex issue. I could write a book about that long ago battle -- and its sometimes unintended consequences. But I'm too busy -- and perhaps too old for such a chore now. The rivers, however, became clean, well cleaner. Shellfishing returned to the tidal flats below my home. No newspaper any longer wants to air my thoughts. I mumble them, instead, at legislative hearings, and usually lose. But I'm still hoping that our sometimes maligned Environmental Protection Agency will veto the Legislature's action, once it reads my testimony.

Even greater surprises happened in 1962. This is not a political post. It's just a discussion of an important issue, and I happened to have reported the debate a half century ago, so it remains vivid in my mind.

Our old pastor used to say; "If you are too heavenly minded, you are no earthly good and if you are to earthly minded you are no heavenly good."

vonfrick
2011-06-20, 22:41

first of all weary...go rent the princess bride so you can have a little fun

second of all...are you involved at all with the water issues up there, eg fryeburg, poland spring etc?

Weary
2011-06-20, 23:09
first of all weary...go rent the princess bride so you can have a little fun

second of all...are you involved at all with the water issues up there, eg fryeburg, poland spring etc?
I've reached an age where I don't voluntarily do anything that isn't fun -- or at least enjoyable. I enjoy gardening, reading, keeping up with what's happening in the world, walking in the woods, responsible political debate....

I occasionally rent videos of movies. Sometimes I even watch them. Though the trailer I watched for Princess Bride didn't convince me I should make a special effort to see the movie. But if I run across a rental version I'll rent it out of curiosity, at least, now that I've read the glowing praise here.

I think Maine is foolish for not insisting on a fee from those that extract our water resource just as state's with oil resources do. I've followed the issue since a legislator first tried to enact a fee system a couple of decades ago.

But it's impossible to be involved in all the political issues of interest.

vonfrick
2011-06-20, 23:17
I've reached an age where I don't voluntarily do anything that isn't fun -- or at least enjoyable. I enjoy gardening, reading, keeping up with what's happening in the world, walking in the woods, responsible political debate....

I occasionally rent videos of movies. Sometimes I even watch them. Though the trailer I watched for Princess Bride didn't convince me I should make a special effort to see the movie. But if I run across a rental version I'll rent it out of curiosity, at least, now that I've read the glowing praise here.

I think Maine is foolish for not insisting on a fee from those that extract our water resource just as state's with oil resources do. I've followed the issue since a legislator first tried to enact a fee system a couple of decades ago.

But it's impossible to be involved in all the political issues of interest.

just wondering...i've made it my "communist liberal agenda" for the last year with my students...managed to get 80+ kids to stop buying bottled water and one even tried like hell to get the water vending machine out of our school

Cuffs
2011-06-20, 23:21
just wondering...i've made it my "communist liberal agenda" for the last year with my students...managed to get 80+ kids to stop buying bottled water and one even tried like hell to get the water vending machine out of our school

Nice!:beer:

MonkeyBoy
2011-06-20, 23:23

I'm not even liberal, and I thought buying bottled water was stupid.

Why pay for something that you can get from your tap?

vonfrick
2011-06-20, 23:39

marketing? :albertein

Bearpaw
2011-06-21, 00:25

The same marketing that says if you don't have a filter in your pack, you're going to die in the backcountry.

When I teach an ecology workshop for teachers, I always include reducing the amount of bottled water people drink as a quick way to reduce the use fuel. It's one thing to buy some every once in a while. It scares that it's all some people will drink.

Of course, I also teach them that the greatest conservationist they will ever meet is usually their mom, who constantly reminded them to "Close that door. Turn off that light. In or out, but we're not heating up the neighborhood."

And I like scrambled eggs best.

Gaiter
2011-06-21, 02:07
yesterday i had eggs over easy served with fried green tomatoes, which soaked up the yolk nicely, some of the best eggs i've had in a while...

Weary
2011-06-21, 09:27
I know we are called "communists" and "liberals". In fact we are the true conservatives.
I don't buy bottled water -- except once or twice when we've had a multiple day power failure and the pump to my well wouldn't work. I don't buy many liquids -- except beer and wine, and Makers Mark, though for years I mostly made my own, and still do occasionally. My wife, however, insists on drinking coke, so I stock up whenever the price for four-12 can cartons drops to $9.

I once had a friend (now deceased) who managed a supermarket. He said people like me are known in the trade as "cherry pickers."

MonkeyBoy
2011-06-21, 09:33

I don't think it's marketing so much as a few other things.

1.) We as Americans have been scared stiff by the news media about all the bad buggies out there that are going to kill us and devour our flesh......

2.) We have become "water snobs"......tap water has now come beneath us.

3.) We don't want to be hassled with the inconvenience of having to get a glass, fill it with ice and pour water on top.......

I think it's more about laziness.

MonkeyBoy
2011-06-21, 09:34
I know we are called "communists" and "liberals". In fact we are the true conservatives.
I don't buy bottled water -- except once or twice when we've had a multiple day power failure and the pump to my well wouldn't work. I don't buy many liquids -- except beer and wine, and Makers Mark, though for years I mostly made my own, and still do occasionally. My wife, however, insists on drinking coke, so I stock up whenever the price for four-12 can cartons drops to $9.

I once had a friend (now deceased) who managed a supermarket. He said people like me are known in the trade as "cherry pickers."

So do you complain that Coca-Cola is gouging the people by making them pay 4.00 a gallon for sugar water?

Crikey
2011-06-21, 09:42
I have been on a well for 20 years. We have used one of those Brita filter pitchers for most of that time, just to get the grodies out.

Just had my well tested for a spectrum of nasties and it was all good.

Sorry, but I laugh when I see people carting around "bottled" water.

Rockhound
2011-06-21, 10:12
Evian spelled backward is Naive

Rockhound
2011-06-21, 10:16
Down on the hippie commune we take a couple calamundens, put em through the press with a couple of sugar cane stalks, add a little ice and well water and it makes the best citrus ade you will ever taste.

Russell
2011-06-21, 10:44
So do you complain that Coca-Cola is gouging the people by making them pay 4.00 a gallon for sugar water?

It isn't even sugar. It is corn syrup.

vonfrick
2011-06-21, 11:36
I don't think it's marketing so much as a few other things.

1.) We as Americans have been scared stiff by the news media about all the bad buggies out there that are going to kill us and devour our flesh......

yes, well aware that THANK GOD!!! we have a zillion products that can kill 99.9% of the germs....leaving us with no natural immunity and making the bugs stronger...good thing we can then buy yogurt that puts the bugs back in us

2.) We have become "water snobs"......tap water has now come beneath us.

we have raised a whole generation that needs to be "hydrated"...not one kid in this building without a beverage at all times...so they then have to go the bathroom every half hour

3.) We don't want to be hassled with the inconvenience of having to get a glass, fill it with ice and pour water on top.......

especially since that would require us to fill up the ice cube trays...better buy an ice maker

I think it's more about laziness.

so how is it that its not about marketing?

Crikey
2011-06-21, 11:44
and Makers Mark, though for years I mostly made my own, and still do occasionally.

How does home stilled Makers Mark taste? :beer:

MonkeyBoy
2011-06-21, 12:25
so how is it that its not about marketing?

One does not have to sell another on the concept of laziness.

sheepdog
2011-06-21, 13:48
I've had well water most of my life, can't stand city water.

J5man
2011-06-21, 13:53
Omelete du fromage......

Which is actually Omelette au fromage....

That was cheesy!

J5man
2011-06-21, 13:54
Evian spelled backward is Naive

That conspiracy theory doesn't hold water........

Crikey
2011-06-21, 15:29
Water spelled backwards is retaw.

MonkeyBoy
2011-06-21, 15:31
I've had well water most of my life, can't stand city water.

I can't stand it when my water is sick.......

MonkeyBoy
2011-06-21, 15:32
That was cheesy!

I thought it was pretty gouda.....

MonkeyBoy
2011-06-21, 15:33
Water spelled backwards is retaw.

I thought retaw was what happens when Tweety sees Sylvester a second time.

Cuffs
2011-06-21, 15:34
That conspiracy theory doesn't hold water........

Maybe not, but their bottle does...

Spogatz
2011-06-21, 15:37
"A nut for a jar of tuna" spelled backwards is.......oh

Cuffs
2011-06-21, 15:49
Doc, note: I dissent. A fast never prevents a fatness. I diet on cod

vonfrick
2011-06-21, 16:59
One does not have to sell another on the concept of laziness.

aside from possibly the icemaker thing, where in my comments does laziness come in?

MonkeyBoy
2011-06-21, 17:13
I stated people are too lazy to get a glass, fill it with ice and then walk to the tap to fill it with water.

Much easier to just crack open a plastic water bottle.

I never use the damn things. Maybe if I'm at an amusement park, I might buy one, and then just keep refilling it at water fountains.

Wasn't stating your comments specifically. Just stating that it isn't a hard sell when people are so lazy these days.

I think they'd buy pre-chewed food in a tube if they could.

Hog On Ice
2011-06-21, 17:41
I thought retaw was what happens when Tweety sees Sylvester a second time.

-1 for a really bad pun

vonfrick
2011-06-21, 17:53
I stated people are too lazy to get a glass, fill it with ice and then walk to the tap to fill it with water.

Much easier to just crack open a plastic water bottle.

I never use the damn things. Maybe if I'm at an amusement park, I might buy one, and then just keep refilling it at water fountains.

Wasn't stating your comments specifically. Just stating that it isn't a hard sell when people are so lazy these days.

I think they'd buy pre-chewed food in a tube if they could.

well anyway, my point was that laziness is not the main reason people buy bottled water

Weary
2011-06-21, 18:23
Well, I never buy flavored sugar water for $4 a gallon. I pay $2 a gallon, wrapped in 12 ounce aluminum cans.

I rarely drink the stuff, but it keeps my wife pleasant, so I buy her some whenever the price drops to my price level.

Weary
2011-06-21, 18:27
How does home stilled Makers Mark taste? :beer:I make beer and wine so I have enough money to buy Makers Mark occasionally

Bearpaw
2011-06-21, 20:24
Well, I never buy flavored sugar water for $4 a gallon. I pay $2 a gallon, wrapped in 12 ounce aluminum cans.

I rarely drink the stuff, but it keeps my wife pleasant, so I buy her some whenever the price drops to my price level.

I make beer and wine so I have enough money to buy Makers Mark occasionally

Now I can appreciate both of these policies! :beer:

sheepdog
2011-06-23, 17:34
Pearls Restaurant. A New Orleans style place. Cajun Eggs Benedict.
A small round of toast, a crab cake, a perfect egg, covered with a spicy Hollandaise sauce.

The best eggs I have ever had.

Crikey
2011-06-24, 16:27

Grandpa has passed.

RIP Peter Falk.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/06/24/columbo-star-peter-falk-dead-at-83/

Bearpaw
2011-06-24, 16:35
Grandpa has passed.

RIP Peter Falk.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/06/24/columbo-star-peter-falk-dead-at-83/

That's so sad. Dewey Bear is going to cry.