PDA

View Full Version : JKing Practical Field Knife

SGT Rock
2011-07-07, 20:11
I just finished uploading a video review of the JKing Practical Field Knife to Youtube. It is a lot longer than most of my reviews, so apologies ahead of time.

Justing King is a custom knife maker that just went full time making knives. Great work and reasonable prices for hand made, custom knives made out of VERY high quality materials:

HU0e8jmP7zo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU0e8jmP7zo

D'Artagnan
2011-07-07, 23:05
I enjoyed the review. It was very informative and entertaining. I was waiting for an f'tard moment around 16 minutes when you went to work on the skid. I'll head over and check out the site. My brother's a knife knerd and he's got a birthday coming up. :beer:

warraghiyagey
2011-07-07, 23:14
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Iaa-X4wX070/TO8npewOY8I/AAAAAAAABSk/navPJFyytwI/s1600/crocodile-dundee-screenshot-you-call-that-a-knife11%255B1%255D.jpg

SGT Rock
2011-07-08, 22:01
I enjoyed the review. It was very informative and entertaining. I was waiting for an f'tard moment around 16 minutes when you went to work on the skid. I'll head over and check out the site. My brother's a knife knerd and he's got a birthday coming up. :beer:

I edited it out. :ahhhhh:

Bearpaw
2011-07-08, 23:18
I didn't think I could watch 22 minutes of any thing on youtube, but it was really very good.

Of course, with a baby nearly here, I'd probably get the ultimate stinkeye from my wife if I paid $200+ for a knife. But the seed is planted in my brain housing group now.

SGT Rock
2011-07-09, 20:15
I know what you mean. When we were having kids that would have not been an option. Luckily for me - this time I had that crappy Tom Brown Tracker I sold to generate most of the funds, so it wasn't like I was spending that amount of money from the git-go.

Hog On Ice
2011-07-09, 20:21
personally I just accept that good gear costs good money

if I _need_ the gear I'll pay the money for really good gear

key item for me is to distinguish between needs and wants

if I had a need for a good knife I would have no problem spending the money that J King is asking for this knife because it is a very good knife

SGT Rock
2011-07-09, 20:48
I'm working on getting one of his Mini Taskers, about the same size as the Izula. It would probably be the knife a backpacker would be more like to carry.