PDA

View Full Version : Grafton Loop Trail in Maine

Chaco Taco
2011-10-03, 09:04
Ill post this here since I didnt see any Maine forums, or I just missed it. Anyway, any of you done the NEW Grafton Loop Trail? Its a brand new trail on the other side of Mahoosuc Notch? Its about 30 miles RT and connects with the AT. I have read on Views From the Top that it is a sweet trail. Tons of campsites along the way. I have halloween weekend all to myself and an extra day to spend 4 days hiking and really want to explore this trail if the weather isnt too bad by then.
http://www.outdoors.org/pdf/upload/map-grafton-loop-trail.pdf

For those of you that do not know the area its in the Speck Pond area which is so amazing. Also It goes over Baldpate (equally as awesome). Im just curious about the terrain around Sunday River Whitecap and Puzzle Mtn.

Any info is greatly appreciated

Cuffs
2011-10-03, 09:22
I have no info for you but will say I'm anxiously awaiting your report and pics!!

Superman
2011-10-03, 09:42
I don't know the new loop but I would expect anything in the are to not be easy.

Chaco Taco
2011-10-03, 09:53
I don't know the new loop but I would expect anything in the are to not be easy.

Im fine with that. I hope it kicks my ass

Superman
2011-10-03, 10:01
Im fine with that. I hope it kicks my ass

It should get your attention

Chaco Taco
2011-10-05, 12:46
Im also looking at the Pemi trails and the Carrigan Ridge up to Mt HAle and down to Hancock. I have 4 days to hike and would love to knock these off the list. Im trying to figure out the loop to make it doable.

Hikerhead
2011-10-05, 15:54
The Pemi out of Lafayette campground?

Chaco Taco
2011-10-05, 16:50
The Pemi out of Lafayette campground?

Other side of the Pemi towards Bartlett NH- Sawyer River Road area up Carrigain, Shoal Pond, crossing Ethan POnd to Mt Hale and back down to the Wilderness trail and the Hancock loop. It looks to be about 40-50 miles of trail to cover

Hikerhead
2011-10-05, 17:31
Other side of the Pemi towards Bartlett NH- Sawyer River Road area up Carrigain, Shoal Pond, crossing Ethan POnd to My Hale and back down to the Wilderness trail and the Hancock loop. It looks to be about 40-50 miles of trail to cover

I'll have to check that out whenever my nat geo arrives, hopefully today.