PDA

View Full Version : If it seems too good to be true

Footslogger
2011-10-13, 20:32
...it generally is - - right ?

Well, I jumped on a deal being offered at WalMart on an Android cell phone and so far it's serving the purpose.

Lomg story short ...I was eligible for an upgrade with Verizon so I logged om and looked at the different options/prices. Later that day I was in Walmart and the phone Verizon was selling for $49.99 was $0.97 ...yeah, you read correctly. Seemed incredible so I called Verizon. The guy said that price is totally up to the retailer and that Verizon would honor warranties etc.

So ...I ended up with a new phone (LG Enlighten) for less than a buck. Android 2.3 (Gingerbread O/S). Just thought I'd share because to be totally honest the whole thing blew my mind !

'Slogger

sheepdog
2011-10-13, 21:40
This is killing Rockhound

Lone Wolf
2011-10-13, 21:44
This is killing Rockhound
nah. he loves wally world. the day i picked him up at the hospital the first stop we made was at wally world so he could buy a shitload of food and stuff

Skidsteer
2011-10-13, 22:06
nah. he loves wally world. the day i picked him up at the hospital the first stop we made was at wally world so he could buy a shitload of food and stuff

Wal-Mart lets us all live like Kings.

It"s like having personal Chinese servants without the annoying chit-chat.

Nearly Normal
2011-10-13, 22:11

Fuck the chinese........every walmart needs a dumpster out front with a fire in it so you can buy something.......then go and throw it in the fire.

Skidsteer
2011-10-13, 22:18
Fuck the chinese........every walmart needs a dumpster out front with a fire in it so you can buy something.......then go and throw it in the fire.

That would've made Rockhounds arrest story waaaayyyy better.

warraghiyagey
2011-10-14, 08:55
Fuck the chinese.........

http://www.artofapproaching.com/images/meet-asian-women.jpg

Superman
2011-10-14, 09:29

Ewker
2011-10-14, 12:06
http://www.artofapproaching.com/images/meet-asian-women.jpg

the above can turn into this

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/mar2010/7/0/horn-v2-450-404274517.jpg

D'Artagnan
2011-10-14, 14:03
the above can turn into this

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/mar2010/7/0/horn-v2-450-404274517.jpg

That's one horny old broad...

MonkeyBoy
2011-10-14, 14:13
Built-in coat hanger.

Spogatz
2011-10-14, 14:29
Great for opening beer cans. Just clip it in a pull......

Crikey
2011-10-14, 14:51
If she lies does it get longer?

Austin
2011-10-14, 14:56
Built-in coat hanger.

I'd bet you could hang one of those beer holders offa that horn thing.

rcli4
2011-10-14, 15:03
Wharrghy wouldn hit that.

D'Artagnan
2011-10-14, 16:03
On the upside, it does prevent her busting her nose should she happen to walk into a wall.

Skidsteer
2011-10-14, 19:40
If she lies does it get longer?

Hahahahaha!

Skidsteer
2011-10-14, 19:45
On the upside, it does prevent her busting her nose should she happen to walk into a wall.

Yeah but the sheetrock repairs must be a pain in the ass.

chumpchange
2011-10-15, 11:30
gps pioneer.

Tin Man
2011-10-15, 11:35

yeah... and it put a lot of small, mom and pop stores out of business... and forced many of them to work for lower wages... at wally world... and people wonder why the economy is in the toilet. wally world was the beginning of the end...i can't bring myself to set foot in there.

Sarcasm The Elf
2011-10-15, 21:32
every walmart needs a dumpster out front with a fire in it so you can buy something.......then go and throw it in the fire.

Give my experiences there, I think that throwing their defective crap into the burning dumpster would be easier and more satisfying than trying to deal with their returns/exchanges counter.

chief
2011-10-16, 00:26
when there was no competition, mom and pop overcharged for everything and never paid shit for wages. now they sit around and snivel about wally world while their children shop there, their grand children work there and at x-mas they get gifts from there. ain't capitalism a bitch?

john pickett
2011-10-16, 05:12
Buggy Whip makers and Harness makers said the same thing about Henry Ford.

Superman
2011-10-16, 08:14
Give my experiences there, I think that throwing their defective crap into the burning dumpster would be easier and more satisfying than trying to deal with their returns/exchanges counter.

Um, are you Rock Hound?:angel:

Superman
2011-10-16, 08:17
when there was no competition, mom and pop overcharged for everything and never paid shit for wages. now they sit around and snivel about wally world while their children shop there, their grand children work there and at x-mas they get gifts from there. ain't capitalism a bitch?

I want the job of greeting everyone when they come into Wal-Mart. Who doesn't want to go to a place where they make you feel welcome right away.:bath:

Nearly Normal
2011-10-16, 18:43
I want the job of greeting everyone when they come into Wal-Mart. Who doesn't want to go to a place where they make you feel welcome right away.:bath:

They can be a pain.

Going out one night late they had to see the receipt. I set the shit down and dug it out of my wallet.
Looked at it and OK.
I said oh no mam . You're going to check off every item in the bag which she refused to do. Just seeing a receipt they probley can't read aint gonna cut it.
I requested the manager and she was puzzled why.
Fucking assholes make me want to be an bigger asshole.
I can be good at it too.
I'm always respectful but they checked every item before I left. I wasn't in a hurry and it took them a while cause they both had a problem with reading.

If the check out person has a personal problem I make them count my money back and they can't do that either........Manager please ..and most the time the manager can't either.
I'm nice and patient but they will or I hold up the line.

Ray
2011-10-16, 18:59
...If the check out person has a personal problem I make them count my money back and they can't do that either........Manager please ..and most the time the manager can't either.
I'm nice and patient but they will or I hold up the line.How come I'm always in line either behind you or the lady whose credit cards won't work?

Superman
2011-10-16, 19:06
They can be a pain.

Going out one night late they had to see the receipt. I set the shit down and dug it out of my wallet.
Looked at it and OK.
I said oh no mam . You're going to check off every item in the bag which she refused to do. Just seeing a receipt they probley can't read aint gonna cut it.
I requested the manager and she was puzzled why.
Fucking assholes make me want to be an bigger asshole.
I can be good at it too.
I'm always respectful but they checked every item before I left. I wasn't in a hurry and it took them a while cause they both had a problem with reading.

If the check out person has a personal problem I make them count my money back and they can't do that either........Manager please ..and most the time the manager can't either.
I'm nice and patient but they will or I hold up the line.

That seems only fair.:beer:

Sarcasm The Elf
2011-10-16, 20:32
Um, are you Rock Hound?:angel:

Nope, just one of many former Walmart customers who finally got sick of their nonsense.

My favorite story:

A friend and hiking partner purchased a pair of cheap steel toed boots at Walmart for work. After a day of wearing them one foot was chafed and blistered, the other was fine. Upon closer inspection he realized that the toe box on one of the boots was a full three quarters of an inch narrower than the other.
When he went to exchange the defective boots and explained the problem to the lady at the returns counter. She then looked him in the eyes and replied in all seriousness "Well you know HUN, one foot is usually bigger than the other."

The moment I finally decided to stop doing business with them:

I went to Walmart to purchase a gun safe back in 2009. I was told by an apologetic sales clerk that although they sell guns and ammo year round, gun safes are stocked as a seasonal item. :confused:

Superman
2011-10-16, 20:44
Nope, just one of many former Walmart customers who finally got sick of their nonsense.

My favorite story:

A friend and hiking partner purchased a pair of cheap steel toed boots at Walmart for work. After a day of wearing them one foot was chafed and blistered, the other was fine. Upon closer inspection he realized that the toe box on one of the boots was a full three quarters of an inch narrower than the other.
When he went to exchange the defective boots and explained the problem to the lady at the returns counter. She then looked him in the eyes and replied in all seriousness "Well you know HUN, one foot is usually bigger than the other."

The moment I finally decided to stop doing business with them:

I went to Walmart to purchase a gun safe back in 2009. I was told by an apologetic sales clerk that although they sell guns and ammo year round, gun safes are stocked as a seasonal item. :confused:

My suggestion to you sir is the same as what I used to tell the women I dated...."lower your expectation.":angel:

Nearly Normal
2011-10-16, 22:26
How come I'm always in line either behind you or the lady whose credit cards won't work?

It sucks Ray.
Even just normal check out causes that.
If you aint dumb as dog shit you can't work there.....
but you shouldn't have to put up with it...and I don't without payback.
I'm smooth when it goes that way.

chumpchange
2011-10-16, 22:28
i can only wonder what sam walton would do if he was alive.

try to scratch and claw his way out of the coffin i suppose.

Skidsteer
2011-10-16, 23:38
i can only wonder what sam walton would do if he was alive.

try to scratch and claw his way out of the coffin i suppose.

I was thinking more like drool a lot and shit his pants.

Kanga
2011-10-17, 08:59
In this day and age, people will just take you for what they can get. Walmart is a perfect example of those kind of people.

sheepdog
2011-10-17, 10:37
In this day and age, people will just take you for what they can get. Walmart is a perfect example of those kind of people.

Walmart loves us and is glad when we show up.:burnout:

Superman
2011-10-17, 10:52
Walmart loves us and is glad when we show up.:burnout:

Didn't I see that in WalMart's ads?:beer:

Ewker
2011-10-17, 12:21
if and when we go to Wal Mart it is just to grocery shop. What you can buy there is already in Kroger or Publix. We have found that Aldi has better prices than Wal Mart but not the selection

Nearly Normal
2011-10-18, 07:47
Chinese made fake Christmas trees....whoa dude...like....that's awesome!

chumpchange
2011-10-18, 10:04

or maybe a door greeter.

Big Mac
2011-10-18, 10:25

That just sounds like a big weekend. I didn't know Sam was a partier.

chumpchange
2011-10-18, 19:16
he has been known to tear up a town or two.

Footslogger
2011-10-18, 20:32
Holy fucking shit ...I'm almost sorry I started the thread. I got a pretty neat phone at a great price. Period, paragraph ...end of subject !

'Slogger

sheepdog
2011-10-18, 20:35
Holy fucking shit ...I'm almost sorry I started the thread. I got a pretty neat phone at a great price. Period, paragraph ...end of subject !

'Slogger

almost would be the operative word........

would hate to miss all this

chumpchange
2011-10-18, 20:55

'Slogger

you should take it back and get a refund.

its the American thing to do.

Skidsteer
2011-10-18, 20:57
you should take it back and get a refund.

its the American thing to do.

...and we could get ten good thread pages out of it.

sheepdog
2011-10-18, 21:10
...and we could get ten good thread pages out of it.

only if there is cops and mug shots involved

Sarcasm The Elf
2011-10-18, 22:00
Did we ever find out the cellphone's inseam?

warraghiyagey
2011-10-18, 22:08
Oh no you di'int. . . . :beer:

Skidsteer
2011-10-18, 22:12

Nice.

Tin Man
2011-10-18, 22:27

not sure where she could put a cell phone in her inseam...

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2006/8/71.jpg

Kanga
2011-10-18, 22:35
she needs a sammich.

Tin Man
2011-10-18, 22:40
she needs a sammich.

awesome idea! a sammich!! her on one side, her sis... oh never mind

chumpchange
2011-10-18, 22:56
po' boy with extra ham.

Sarcasm The Elf
2011-10-18, 22:59
not sure where she could put a cell phone in her inseam...

I'm not even going there

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Just noticed your by-line. Excellent quote from an excellent American.